Last semester in undergrad grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DannyRicciardo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!
So I'm currently applying to pod schools. I have a 3.36 cGPA and a 3.32 scGPA and a 501 MCAT. The problem is I'm taking 15 credits right now with a 5 credit comparative vertebrate anatomy class and with traveling for interviews and all I failed the first test (and got my first F in undergrad EVER) very crushing. I'm calculating what I would need to get to pass the class with a B, but a C seems more realistic. Im graduating this semester. If I drop it, I still have to retake it and wouldn't graduate December, it looks bad ( I think) if I keep it I could end up getting a C (which also looks bad). Does anyone know if pod schools would rescind acceptance over a C in the last semester?! What should I do??

Members don't see this ad.

I had a D and a F on my transcript.
It was never asked about in my interview.
I still go to school today.

Members don't see this ad :)
You got nothing to worry about. I got a C in biophysical chemistry after my acceptance and nothing happened. As long as you graduate, you are good to go!

You have nothing to worry about. Plus you’d have a reasonable excuse if they ask come interview time.

You have nothing to worry about. Plus you’d have a reasonable excuse if they ask come interview time.

In this case, OP would be fine, as long as they graduate. But, failing an exam and maybe a class because of traveling for interviews (or due to any other personal reason) is not a good excuse. It shows not having proper time management skills; which is key to surviving pod school.

OP just got lucky because a C in a 5-credit sci course does a number of those GPAs :eek:

Reactions: 1 user