Last Time to take MCAT before retake and meeting priority deadlines!

• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

CurryPower

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
Hey guys,

I was wondering as a junior, when is the LATEST I could take my MCAT the first time assuming I will register for a 2nd date in which I could still send in all my primaries and secondaries to med schools at the earliest time. I'd rather not take the MCAT in like June and miss lose priority in my application. Instead, should I register in March, get a score report, and then take it again in May? How do people plan this out.. (I obviously realize that you shoot for the best on the first time, but just planning ahead and taking precautions).

Thank you.

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Never assume you're going to mess up your first MCAT. That will put you in a horrible mind-set where you most likely will mess up your first MCAT. I wouldn't even plan out some "precaution" or fail-safe. Just take the MCAT when you're ready.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.