You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Late 2013 NBDE takers join this one
Started by nbde4dds
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi!!! I am also preparing for my NBDE step I. I plan on taking it on Oct 2013. I am currently studying with 2013 edition of the Flash Cards as well as the First Aid> I had just finish Gross Anatomy and now starting Microbiology. Do you know any method that you heard works the best??
Hi! Im planning to give my exam in oct.!! I was study anatomy from flash cart , it takes alot of time!!!😡 and i didn't remember anything 👎 👎
Im currently studying first day and then flash cards in every chapter ! it helps me a lot 👍
When Im studying first aid , i can arrange all the material in order and then with flash card i can get more materials !!
It helps me a lot!!!!!!
I have a problem , because I'm studying very slowly
Is any body can help me , what should i do??
I had just finish anatomy, DA/OC,biochemistry during 4months and now I'm studying physiology!
I don't have that much time till oct! What should i do ?
Also my big problem is ........ I have stress because i don't know what should i do in exam to arrange the time because I'm so slowly to reading english and if the question twisted i can understand the Q ( my english not that much good )
Please give me an advise 😍
Im a good student !! I graduated last year and I'm so new with this type of exam!!!
Im currently studying first day and then flash cards in every chapter ! it helps me a lot 👍
When Im studying first aid , i can arrange all the material in order and then with flash card i can get more materials !!
It helps me a lot!!!!!!
I have a problem , because I'm studying very slowly
Is any body can help me , what should i do??
I had just finish anatomy, DA/OC,biochemistry during 4months and now I'm studying physiology!
I don't have that much time till oct! What should i do ?
Also my big problem is ........ I have stress because i don't know what should i do in exam to arrange the time because I'm so slowly to reading english and if the question twisted i can understand the Q ( my english not that much good )

Please give me an advise 😍
Im a good student !! I graduated last year and I'm so new with this type of exam!!!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Im planning to give my exam in oct.!! I was study anatomy from flash cart , it takes alot of time!!!😡 and i didn't remember anything 👎 👎
Im currently studying first day and then flash cards in every chapter ! it helps me a lot 👍
When Im studying first aid , i can arrange all the material in order and then with flash card i can get more materials !!
It helps me a lot!!!!!!
I have a problem , because I'm studying very slowly
Is any body can help me , what should i do??
I had just finish anatomy, DA/OC,biochemistry during 4months and now I'm studying physiology!
I don't have that much time till oct! What should i do ?
Also my big problem is ........ I have street because i don't know what should i do in exam to arrange the time because I'm so slowly to reading english and if the question twisted i can understand the Q ( my english not that much good )![]()
Please give me an advise 😍
Im a good student !! I graduated last year and I'm so new with this type of exam!!!
Be sure to use old exams. The most recent ones will really give you an idea how questions are worded. And you can gauge your speed and knowledge level. And you'll shave minute off your test for every repeat question you see.
Hi all..ther's a question there in decks Ethics part where i am stuck at...its the 5th one there..it says."WHEN OBTAINING INFORMED CONSENT,THE PATIENT MUST BE INFORMED OF ALL EXCEPT 1"
A DESCRIPTN OF PROPOSED TRTMNT
B COST OF TRTMNT
C FORSEEABLE RISKS
D BENEFITS AND PROGNOSIS OF PROPOSED TRTMNT
E ALTERNATIVE TRTMNTS
F RISKS,BENEFIT,PROGNOSIS OF ALTERNATIVE TRTMNT
Ans is COST OF TRTMNT while in the explanation they hv made a list of things to be included in the written trtmnt plan in which COST is also there...Can sm1 plz explain it 2 me??Thanks..
similar to the question i found while i was answering the questions of the dental decks testlets...the question is in case scenario 7
The patient was presented with two different options ,namely, root canal therapy or extraction. When obtaining informed consent for either procedure, the patient must be informed of all of the following EXCEPT one. Which one is the exception?
A.A description of the proposed of tretment.
B.The costs involved in the proposed treatment
C.The foreseeable risks
D.The benefits and prognosis of the proposed treatment
E.All reasonable alternative to the proposed treatment
F.The risks, benefits and prognosis of the alternative treatment
Answer is B...by the way I answered it wrong...I think they want an ethical answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
Can someone guide me how to start with the NDBE 1 preparation? I am scheduled in Nov 2013. Which subject to start and what should be the series of subjects. What all materials/books should be referred to improve retention of details?
I understand it may vary from person to person, however a basic guideline will be very helpful for starters like me. Thanks. 👍
Can someone guide me how to start with the NDBE 1 preparation? I am scheduled in Nov 2013. Which subject to start and what should be the series of subjects. What all materials/books should be referred to improve retention of details?
I understand it may vary from person to person, however a basic guideline will be very helpful for starters like me. Thanks. 👍
Hey all,
Planning to take exam in mid oct. going thru the decks second time and don't remember much. Does this happen with the rest of you as well? How many hrs are you guys studying? I'm a mother also so my attention is divided. Anyone gone thru teatlets and ethics? How long do those decks take? Sorry for the typos
Planning to take exam in mid oct. going thru the decks second time and don't remember much. Does this happen with the rest of you as well? How many hrs are you guys studying? I'm a mother also so my attention is divided. Anyone gone thru teatlets and ethics? How long do those decks take? Sorry for the typos
Hi all , I'm also planning to give my exam in nov/ dec . I started dental decks , does anyone have idea about any crash course for NBDE part 1 ??
Hi guyz..how's ur preparation going??I am facing a tough time studying the brachial plexus and muscles involved in movement from first aid..diagrams are missing in this section..Can anyone advice how to prepare this section thoroughly..any help wud be greatly appreciated....
Check ur pm 🙂
to dentisthuHi! Im planning to give my exam in oct.!! I was study anatomy from flash cart , it takes alot of time!!!😡 and i didn't remember anything 👎 👎
Im currently studying first day and then flash cards in every chapter ! it helps me a lot 👍
When Im studying first aid , i can arrange all the material in order and then with flash card i can get more materials !!
It helps me a lot!!!!!!
I have a problem , because I'm studying very slowly
Is any body can help me , what should i do??
I had just finish anatomy, DA/OC,biochemistry during 4months and now I'm studying physiology!
I don't have that much time till oct! What should i do ?
Also my big problem is ........ I have stress because i don't know what should i do in exam to arrange the time because I'm so slowly to reading english and if the question twisted i can understand the Q ( my english not that much good )![]()
Please give me an advise 😍
Im a good student !! I graduated last year and I'm so new with this type of exam!!!
stress will make u go more slow . relax and these are difficult but nt much for indian students since we have studied everything much deeper than others . try to finish ur kaplan review book first and start solving papers and do dental decks simultaneously . it will save time as well as it will help u better to understand ur weakness. best of luck
hiHi all , I'm also planning to give my exam in nov/ dec . I started dental decks , does anyone have idea about any crash course for NBDE part 1 ??
u can finish ur complete prep in 2 months if dn thoroughly . if ur dedicated the its possible . if u need anymore help txt me here i will give all help u need
i m giving in nov . whr have u taken ur test center . and whr have u reached with ur studyAm planning to give my nbde 1 in the end of november 2013 and i really want to form a proper study group to motivate each other.I have started with dental decks already. Please do reply.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi I am taking the test in sep. 2013 I am so worried I studied decks about 2 times and all ASDA papers a lot of remembered questions, but I feel lost, how was the test, is it in the same manner of ASDA. I studied a lot of questions even the ones on dental article. Please advice, so overwhelmed??
hi I am taking the test in sep. 2013 I am so worried I studied decks about 2 times and all ASDA papers a lot of remembered questions, but I feel lost, how was the test, is it in the same manner of ASDA. I studied a lot of questions even the ones on dental article. Please advice, so overwhelmed??
hi, i have studied all the deck cards, and now currently reviewing the asda papers (MN) I will be taking my test around mid october. so worried and stressed about this test. Aren't we all? any suggestions ??? If anyone has additional ASDA papers please inbox me. 🙂 thanks in advance!!
Last edited:
Taking the test in Oct and have studied First Aid, Kaplan, and decks... looking for ASDA papers if anyone can send soft copies to [email protected] I would really really appreciste it... thx all and good luck!!
hey m also givin in dec 2013.............what r u upto.........
I am also thinking of giving in December. But will be starting studying. Do you think it is possible to give with just 2 months preparation. I am a mother of a baby so really cannot study for long hours. How long have you been preparing? Your inputs will encourage me.
heyHi all , I'm also planning to give my exam in nov/ dec . I started dental decks , does anyone have idea about any crash course for NBDE part 1 ??
I am taking my exam in dec too..how is studies?I need a study partner just to keep in track and keep motivating each other..PM if u are interested..
i am giving my exam in dec need a partner who is also giving the exam during dec ..it would be helpfull to keep up the pace and motivate each other..mail me [email protected]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all of you, how are the preparations going ? Im planning on taking part 1 in mid january, can anyone who took the exam tell us how it was and how they prepared for it.
Can somebody help me with the materials they are studying from? I am going to be giving my part 1 in december and i feel as if i have not studied enough.
So far i am studying from decks, crack the nbde, and the kaplan book.
Please email at [email protected] if you have any extra material that i can study from.
Thank you
So far i am studying from decks, crack the nbde, and the kaplan book.
Please email at [email protected] if you have any extra material that i can study from.
Thank you
Our school gives us a binder of released questions and tests at the end of our first year. Since we have no time to study, probably studied less than 40 hrs with this material; no busters or dental decks. Took part 1 on Nov 10. Got notified of passing on Nov 25.