"Late" Batch Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A supplemental from Maryland about a month ago. If that even classifies as good news haha?

Doesn't that mean you're getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any possible way to move my February interview for mid western to pre December?

Hi guys quick question.

I had my app submitted late August and was verified a month after. However my letters weren't sent sent until 10/4ish.

Does that basically mean schools will start looking at my app only after 10/4 and it's basically like I applied in early September?

Also if you get a very late November interview will you still get your decision dec 1?

Hi guys quick question.

I had my app submitted late August and was verified a month after. However my letters weren't sent sent until 10/4ish.

Does that basically mean schools will start looking at my app only after 10/4 and it's basically like I applied in early September?

Depends on the schools; most schools won't look at it until your app is complete, so yes. It's like you applied in early Sept.

Also if you get a very late November interview will you still get your decision dec 1?

Depends on how your interviews go. If they plan on accepting you, then yes. If they want to wait a bit and compare you to others, then no. If the interview went poorly then also yes.

I applied to 2 schools later in the game mid-Oct and after Thanksgiving, received interviews at the end of Nov and first week of Jan, and offer letters the 2 weeks after each -- if they want you, they want you. Don't give up!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to 2 schools later in the game mid-Oct and after Thanksgiving, received interviews at the end of Nov and first week of Jan, and offer letters the 2 weeks after each -- if they want you, they want you. Don't give up!
Wow.. That makes me feel better. I have been waiting anxiously. You interviews must went very well!

I m actually worrying that I might not do that well in the interview since English is not my native language. ( my speaking is very average with an accent)

How much weight do you think school would usually put on interviews ?

Wow.. That makes me feel better. I have been waiting anxiously. You interviews must went very well!

I m actually worrying that I might not do that well in the interview since English is not my native language. ( my speaking is very average with an accent)

How much weight do you think school would usually put on interviews ?

Interviews are usually the final piece towards acceptance - at that part they know you're someone they want in terms of numbers and they want to make sure you and they are a good fit for each other.

The English won't be a problem - as long as you can can communicate professionally, it's totally fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application 8/11 and everything was complete by 8/20. GPA was verified 9/21 and mailed pit on 9/25. I have got lots of emails for supplement applications. I got waitlisted at Midwestern-AZ for an interview. But nothing yet.

I am checking my email like crazy... Like after every five minutes..

Interviews are usually the final piece towards acceptance - at that part they know you're someone they want in terms of numbers and they want to make sure you and they are a good fit for each other.

The English won't be a problem - as long as you can can communicate professionally, it's totally fine.

Thanks !! I will try to practice for a little..

Hey guys,

AADSAS verification on Sept 4th, and mailed on Sept 11th...anyone could suggest which batch that puts me in?

I received an interview from Roseman and from Nova recently =)

AA: 24 /TS 26 /PAT 23

Thanks!

11th batch 4 interviews pre-Dec so far. Hoping for one more. I feel like 5 is the lucky number for an acceptance. There is still hope people! On a side note, has anyone ever heard of an applicant getting rejected from 5 schools they interviewed at? :nailbiting:

we all should do a gigantic group hug every week for morale gains.

::GROUP HUG::

Hey guys,

AADSAS verification on Sept 4th, and mailed on Sept 11th...anyone could suggest which batch that puts me in?

I received an interview from Roseman and from Nova recently =)

AA: 24 /TS 26 /PAT 23

Thanks!

Batch 13 I believe; I have the same mailing date and was invited to both of those schools too!

11th batch 4 interviews pre-Dec so far. Hoping for one more. I feel like 5 is the lucky number for an acceptance. There is still hope people! On a side note, has anyone ever heard of an applicant getting rejected from 5 schools they interviewed at? :nailbiting:

Well 4 rejections and one wait list, he naturally sounds like a complete tool though...

:soexcited:
Interview #1

School:
Illinois
Notification date: 10/12/2015
Method of notification: email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/2/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/no

This is my #1 school! I will go there for free with the Illinois Veterans Grant!!

Reactions: 2 users
:soexcited:
Interview #1

School:
Illinois
Notification date: 10/12/2015
Method of notification: email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/2/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.8, 3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 22/22/19/19/no

This is my #1 school! I will go there for free with the Illinois Veterans Grant!!
Congratulations!!
WOW!!You got an invite within 10 days.
I still haven't heard anything

Batch 13 I believe; I have the same mailing date and was invited to both of those schools too!

Wow thanks, congrats on the invites...on a comical note, I applied to NYU in Feb of last year and got interviewed in March, don't think I want to know which batch that would've put me in. =X

Man, seeing a bunch of Roseman and NYU invites coming for people shortly after their apps were received is making me nervous. Granted I've interviews at UNLV and USC but my mail-out was 8th batch and I assumed my DAT would help compensate for my GPA (26AA. sGPA 3.25 oGPA 3.45).

Man, seeing a bunch of Roseman and NYU invites coming for people shortly after their apps were received is making me nervous. Granted I've interviews at UNLV and USC but my mail-out was 8th batch and I assumed my DAT would help compensate for my GPA (26AA. sGPA 3.25 oGPA 3.45).

Maybe your stats (DAT) are too high and they think there's no chance of you accepting? ._.

I don't think NYU would give you an interview based on your stats (if you applied at all)

When USC notified you for an interview? I haven't heard anything from them ;(((((( 8th batch as well!!! Its been so quiet and November is approaching;((((

What kind of stats does NYU prefer btw?

You know, based off the interview/acceptance/rejection thread, they don't seem to have a preference .___.

What kind of stats does NYU prefer btw?

Someone I know met dean of admissions at UC Davis Health Conference this weekend. He handed her his CV (o3.3, s3.8, DAT 22) she said his app would go to the back of the pile because he would get into plenty of other schools.

Someone I know met dean of admissions at UC Davis Health Conference this weekend. He handed her his CV (o3.3, s3.8, DAT 22) she said his app would go to the back of the pile because he would get into plenty of other schools.

wuuttt?..that's enough for them to use that reasoning? dang... rekt. I really wanted to go to hotdog and pizza land soon too.. :[

wuuttt?..that's enough for them to use that reasoning? dang... rekt. I really wanted to go to hotdog and pizza land soon too.. :[

I mean it wasn't an outright rejection but it explained why he hasn't heard anything from them

The Dean from NYU? If the person you know if from California, it might also be because CA is so far away and has a ton of schools. Might be different for people closer to New York. Those stats don't look ridiculously high by any means.

EDIT: just saw sGPA was 3.8. Still doesn't seem too high to be considered though (which is kind of ridiculous anyway)

The Dean from NYU? If the person you know if from California, it might also be because CA is so far away and has a ton of schools. Might be different for people closer to New York. Those stats don't look ridiculously high by any means.

She did say something about him being able to get into CA schools, so I think if you're further east it's less applicable to you. But she did also say his stats are "too good." Sorry I should have been more complete with my information.

She did say something about him being able to get into CA schools, so I think if you're further east it's less applicable to you. But she did also say his stats are "too good." Sorry I should have been more complete with my information.
No worries! I believe you. Most people I've met from the west coast don't want to leave and most of the east cost people I meet want to move west. No one wants the cold weather lol

It's weird, I only got mid western and Detroit.

I would expect some others by now.

Anyone having problem checking ther school decision status on aadsas?

That doesn't make sense lol.. Why do they assume that he would prefer other schools? Anyways that makes me wonder more since my stats are really in the middle with 3.6GPA with 20 AA/TS.. Maybe because I am international student?

When USC notified you for an interview? I haven't heard anything from them ;(((((( 8th batch as well!!! Its been so quiet and November is approaching;((((
USC notified me a little over a week ago and I believe that was the first batch of interviews they sent out. There are still Oct and Nov dates available so don't worry!

Wow that sucks I didn't think they actually screened apps like that. Sure I did well on the DAT but my GPA is eh so it isn't like I'm a guaranteed in at any CA school. Hell, Western hasn't even contacted me haha. Besides I'd rather go to NYU over USC if those were the two choices I had.

Anyone else find themselves broke, checking their email/AADSAS portal 20 times per day, checking school specific discussions 20 times per day or talking to yourself about interview questions? I am starting to go crazy over an acceptance. Sometimes I skip out on checking my email and go to sleep early just to wake up and see if I have a new email inviting me for an interview. :help:

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else find themselves broke, checking their email/AADSAS portal 20 times per day, checking school specific discussions 20 times per day or talking to yourself about interview questions? I am starting to go crazy over an acceptance. Sometimes I skip out on checking my email and go to sleep early just to wake up and see if I have a new email inviting me for an interview. :help:

More like, who isn't doing that?

Sort of... I've given into the silence for the time being... like an alternate dimension. I'm just waiting for the bubble to burst and real life to continue:

Got my first rejection from NOVA through snail mail :(

Yup that's me

Yeah my friend interviewed at 5 dental schools last year and got rejected from all 5. Just do well during the interview. Goodluck :)