Late bloomers,chances to become a dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rexi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a dentist, graduated in 2006 in my home country and currently living in USA.I have 4 years of break from the practicing due to personal reasons.I worked for few months as a DA, I should tell it was a horrible experience, I could not learn or shadow, instead went on sterilizing and cleaning equipment.So went on shadowing for 1 yr.
Here are few questions if someone could help me out,
1.Can I apply to dental college after Nbde part 1 &2, Tofel at the age of 36?
2.Is there any age limit to applying to schools?
3.What will the college look for in my application?
4.How can I improve my application other than recommendation letters?
5.If Dental school is not for me,what all options do I have apart from hygienst and DA?

Seniors , Kindly help.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You are funny. 36 does not make a senior or a late bloomer
There’s no age limit for admission
Schools look for an education, commitment and determination , which translates to GPA, CE, work experience etc
You can apply with just part one and TOEFL, chances a lot depend on which country you came from
Excellent local LORs play a big role as well

Yes , is doable...I’m 34, graduated in 2005... worked as DA .. now I’m a Prosth program...
Advice: pass NBDE 1 and 2, toelf over 90 at least

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
The same situation here. I’m 35, graduated in 2006, had worked for 3 yrs after grad, and 2 more yrs from 2014-2016 in home country. Also a part-time DA for a while, and have already taken part 1 but failed, now have been pregnant for 31w, but still preparing for the next time exam(after childbirth).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are funny. 36 does not make a senior or a late bloomer
There’s no age limit for admission
Schools look for an education, commitment and determination , which translates to GPA, CE, work experience etc
You can apply with just part one and TOEFL, chances a lot depend on which country you came from
Excellent local LORs play a big role as well
Thank you oralcare123.

Thank you oralcare123.
To make you feel even better. There are people in their 50s in some of ISPs
The only limit is your ability to pay off your debt

Reactions: 1 users
Gave me hope.thnk you oralcare123.:)