Late for schools applications with November deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Junior9999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to apply for pharmacy schools in this cycle. Unfortunately, my LORs are coming late and they will be in pharmcas at the end of October. I can submit my application at the end of September while waiting for LORs. My question is "Will Schools (with November deadline) still consider my application if LORs are only available at the end of October?" Please give me some suggestions. I am appreciate with your help.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I am trying to apply for pharmacy schools in this cycle. Unfortunately, my LORs are coming late and they will be in pharmcas at the end of October. I can submit my application at the end of September while waiting for LORs. My question is "Will Schools (with November deadline) still consider my application if LORs are only available at the end of October?" Please give me some suggestions. I am appreciate with your help.

Thank you.
I'm…not really understanding what the problem is here? October is before November. Is there any reason why having your letter writers submit in late October will cause you to not make the November 1st deadline?

Hello,

Thank you.
Didn’t read your post but as long as you’re eligible to take out $200k+ in student loans, schools will be willing to work with you and accommodate for your particular situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm…not really understanding what the problem is here? October is before November. Is there any reason why having your letter writers submit in late October will cause you to not make the November 1st deadline?

I posted this thread after I read somewhere about the letter of recommendation has to be submitted 4 weeks before the application deadline. That made me worry about the processing time for pharmcas. Now I am trying to find the post back and could not find it. May be I misread it. So how long it takes for pharmcas to release to schools after LORs have been submitted? Thank you so much for your reply.

Didn’t read your post but as long as you’re eligible to take out $200k+ in student loans, schools will be willing to work with you and accommodate for your particular situation.

Thank you for your reply. I will mention about that.

I posted this thread after I read somewhere about the letter of recommendation has to be submitted 4 weeks before the application deadline. That made me worry about the processing time for pharmcas. Now I am trying to find the post back and could not find it. May be I misread it. So how long it takes for pharmcas to release to schools after LORs have been submitted? Thank you so much for your reply.
From personal experience, this is not true. My last letter writer submitted their LOR like October 30 or 31 for a November 1 deadline. Perhaps you read that you should ask your letter writers at least 4 weeks in advance of the deadline? That is very common advice. Not to mention many schools are struggling to fill their classes and will extend their deadlines (last year some schools extended all the way to June 1).

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that same thing about needing LOR's 4 done weeks before the deadline! This comes from the Pharmcas website under "Preparing to Apply" > "What You'll Need to Apply" .....and says "Select the date by which you would like this evaluation completed. You are advised to select a date that is at least four weeks before your earliest deadline"

I think this is just a suggestion so you have some extra insurance, but definitely NOT required. My last evaluator completed LOR the day before the deadline (applied early decision) and I still got accepted. Nerve wracking to be sure if you don't have the extra time, but as others stated above, as long as you have everything by the deadline, you are ok.

Reactions: 1 users
From personal experience, this is not true. My last letter writer submitted their LOR like October 30 or 31 for a November 1 deadline. Perhaps you read that you should ask your letter writers at least 4 weeks in advance of the deadline? That is very common advice. Not to mention many schools are struggling to fill their classes and will extend their deadlines (last year some schools extended all the way to June 1).

Thanks. Noted!

I saw that same thing about needing LOR's 4 done weeks before the deadline! This comes from the Pharmcas website under "Preparing to Apply" > "What You'll Need to Apply" .....and says "Select the date by which you would like this evaluation completed. You are advised to select a date that is at least four weeks before your earliest deadline"

I think this is just a suggestion so you have some extra insurance, but definitely NOT required. My last evaluator completed LOR the day before the deadline (applied early decision) and I still got accepted. Nerve wracking to be sure if you don't have the extra time, but as others stated above, as long as you have everything by the deadline, you are ok.

Thank you for your reply.

As long as it was put in before the deadline your fine. The four week window is security precautions in case a flaw existed in your transcripts and PharmCAS kicks it back AFTER the deadline (LORs is easy, submit it, load it, read it).

As long as it was put in before the deadline your fine. The four week window is security precautions in case a flaw existed in your transcripts and PharmCAS kicks it back AFTER the deadline (LORs is easy, submit it, load it, read it).

Thanks!