ascg

7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I may be looking at a late graduation ie June 30, anyone know if this would compromise matching in most EM residency programs, looking at ny,nj tristate area.
Thanks!

DarkHorse22

7+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
probably not. I may be mistaken but nearly all residencies start July 1. Mine had a fair amount of stuff to do before July 1, clerical stuff, take photos, meet staff etc. So you may need to move/be available before June 30. You could also skip your graduation. As long as you are a graduate by July 1 I doubt there would be a problem.

ucbsmd

7+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Most places start orientation (which is when you are actually starting your job and paid on salary) around the middle of June.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: Bean_Bunny
About the Ads
OP
A

ascg

7+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Most places start orientation (which is when you are actually starting your job and paid on salary) around the middle of June.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I might still be finishing my last rotation towards end of june.. will programs not accept you if you still have rotations towards end of june?
Thanks

The White Coat Investor

Practicing Doc and Blogger
Partner Organization
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2002
www.whitecoatinvestor.com
Status
Attending Physician
I may be looking at a late graduation ie June 30, anyone know if this would compromise matching in most EM residency programs, looking at ny,nj tristate area.
Thanks!
I think most PDs can work with that, especially if you can knock out ATLS, ACLS, PALS etc at your med school and do the move out/in stuff before you actually finish med school.

About the Ads