Late Interview at NYCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed last week and unforunately did not have as good experience. But it was okay,not too bad. There were 10 student and first five were interviewed by different person and other 5 were interviewed by a second guy. First batch was done with there interviews in 45 mins. Those students were really happy. Every one that came out of the interview were happy to be done in like 5 mins. They were asked very easy question . The second batch and I was in the second batch did nt have as good experience. I mean it was okay but we were asked more questions and relatively difficult question . He was just testing our patience . Iam not kidding . every person who came out of his room(2nd person) ,including me, looked shocked .So be careful. Everybody told me it was very easy interview and that is what I was expecting but it did not turn out that way..so
goodluck .

Members don't see this ad.

Optimistic: Who did you have ? What day were you there ?

I was there on thursday .I dont know the last name .It was john S---. He is a physiology professor there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, does not ring a bell to me and I am familar with some of the faculty there. So, what made the interview so difficult ? Did he give you any idea of where you stood ?

I am a NYCOM first-year and I know who the professor is that you are referring to. I also interviewed with him. He also attempted to intimidate me. Turns out he is an excellent professor, he is tough but you can gain so much from him. Relax, it probably went better than you thought

I am interviewing at NYCOM on the April 2nd. I interviewed there last year and I had the same experience. Yes, it is wise to be careful when you are there. Even the most vague answer deserves a well thought of answer. I was too quick to answer most of my questions...I came off a little too confident...and I had a hard interviewer, as well. Any traveling tips...hotels, i stayed at the Gold Coast Inn last year...wasn't too impressed!!

Best of luck!!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Optimistic:
•I interviewed last week and unforunately did not have as good experience. But it was okay,not too bad. There were 10 student and first five were interviewed by different person and other 5 were interviewed by a second guy. First batch was done with there interviews in 45 mins. Those students were really happy. Every one that came out of the interview were happy to be done in like 5 mins. They were asked very easy question . The second batch and I was in the second batch did nt have as good experience. I mean it was okay but we were asked more questions and relatively difficult question . He was just testing our patience . Iam not kidding . every person who came out of his room(2nd person) ,including me, looked shocked .So be careful. Everybody told me it was very easy interview and that is what I was expecting but it did not turn out that way..so
goodluck .•••••

•••quote:•••Originally posted by isomerjohn:
•Sorry, does not ring a bell to me and I am familar with some of the faculty there. So, what made the interview so difficult ? Did he give you any idea of where you stood ?•••••Nope he didnt give meany Idea of where I stand. He had lunch with us and when we were leaving for tour he said,"I will hopefuly see some of youin August :rolleyes: ".

•••quote:•••Originally posted by atropine22:
•I am a NYCOM first-year and I know who the professor is that you are referring to. I also interviewed with him. He also attempted to intimidate me. Turns out he is an excellent professor, he is tough but you can gain so much from him. Relax, it probably went better than you thought•••••I hope you are right .

•••quote:•••Originally posted by krazykam:
•Does that physiology prof. wear a bowtie??•••••I dont know if he wears bowtie. He was not wearing it that day.