late interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Crimson&Clover

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello,

i have a general question: if you get a residency invite at a later stage (e.g. i just got Brown today and they've already filled one of their dates), does it imply that you're a second-tier candidate? and if so, is it worth going to the interview?? i guess what i'm asking is if you only get an invitation because the program needs to fill an interview date, is it likely that you'll have a realistic shot at the program or is it just a waste of time and $$ to go to the interview?????? i wonder if it's really a level playing field on interview day or if the original yes/maybe labels stick with us.

any input from those that have gone through the process would be greatly appreciated. 🙂 🙂
 
I don't know if this will help answer your question but this was the email I received from a program whose invitation I did not accept. Again, I've never been on an applicant committee but I tend to think that there is already a list before we interview, at least at some programs, but probably not all:

"Thank you for letting me know. The applicant committee will of course be disappointed as your file was quite high on the list . Good luck to you in the match"