Late interviews from IU and ICO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjw519

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today I got an email from IU wanting me to come for the alternate student list interview. IU was my first choice but I guess I would have to settle for an alternate interview.

And then about 20 mins later I got another email from ICO wanting me to come for the interview. I've been accepted to NECO last month and I was already planning my new life at Boston. But I had some reservation cuz of the cost.

I know ICO is cheaper but it's so late in the process is it even worth it to go? I heard that class was pretty much full. I have finals starting next week. If I go, I would have to rearrage my exam dates with my professor. I just don't want to waste time or money if I'm just going to be on the wait list. But on the other hand, NECO is a great school but the cost..I just can't ignore it...

What should I do???

Members don't see this ad.

hey, i interviewed at ICO on April 13, and they told us that the class was full - and we could be on the alternate list.... i actually got a call three days after and was offered admissions!
So, it's definitely possible...I would recommend that you research the school so that you know it's worth paying for your trip to the interview and also so that the school knows that you want to go there!
ICO has very easy going interview... they just want to know if you are mentally prepared to endure school and that you can see yourself at ICO!

Good luck!

Yeah, plus there are probably a handful of people like me.. I was totally set on going to ICO, but I got accepted to SCCO so I'm probably going to give up my seat since I'm from CA and I'd save lots of $... I think you have a good chance if you interview well! Plus, Chicago is a great place to go to school.. ICO has some amazing new facilities and a great program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya it is pretty late but I am giving ICO a shot. I interview there on monday 27th. When is your interview?

WOW, I interviewed probably in one of the last days at ICO and got a seat for the class of 2013. I'm so happy.

I got accepted too, with some schorlarship...so excited. Thought it was impossible.

Congratulations AfricanOD -
You must have nice stats to interview so late, get a seat, and get $$ too.