**Late Night Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was like you and loved my windows machines, until I started my photography business. Once you go Mac (for audio, video, and imaging), you'll never go back.

it is a rather expensive note-taking machine, though. My MBP is still running strong and it's 4 years old. And the Apple store always tends to err the side of giving free stuff/service/replacements away.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea I wouldn't use any of those mac-exclusive things and that's why I can't justify spending the extra money.

So uhh.. I wonder if anybody has some PDF copies of textbooks they want to share... lookin at you toytles.

Members don't see this ad :)
So uhh.. I wonder if anybody has some PDF copies of textbooks they want to share... lookin at you toytles.

I might have some PDF copies of DIT for USMLE Step 1 and some other stuff I found for my girlfriend throughout M1/M2/board prep.

I guess I'm looking for First Aid, BRS Books, Netter's 5e, Thieme Atlas of Anatomy (Full), maybe Robbins Basic Pathology or anything else.

MedPR, PM coming your way.

I was like you and loved my windows machines, until I started my photography business. Once you go Mac (for audio, video, and imaging), you'll never go back.

it is a rather expensive note-taking machine, though. My MBP is still running strong and it's 4 years old. And the Apple store always tends to err the side of giving free stuff/service/replacements away.

I just got a MBP last Friday. Should've made the switch 6 years ago.

I guess I'm looking for First Aid, BRS Books, Netter's 5e, Thieme Atlas of Anatomy (Full), maybe Robbins Basic Pathology or anything else.

MedPR, PM coming your way.

My brother-in-law (just starting 3rd year at u of u) suggested Robbins & cotran pathologic basis of disease. He said if he would have read through it once it would have helped a lot during the first two years.

My brother-in-law (just starting 3rd year at u of u) suggested Robbins & cotran pathologic basis of disease. He said if he would have read through it once it would have helped a lot during the first two years.

Nice, adding it to my list.:thumbup:

Been in Oregon for nearly two months. I can't wait to get back home to southern Utah where it's warm and sunny and I can ride my motorcycle every day!

I just got a MBP last Friday. Should've made the switch 6 years ago.

Lol that's how everyone feels when they get one ;)
May I suggest getting a big 24" monitor you can connect to at home on your desk like I do. Really ups your screen real estate.

Been in Oregon for nearly two months. I can't wait to get back home to southern Utah where it's warm and sunny and I can ride my motorcycle every day!

I'm going to Cave Junction in 10 days, where are you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to Cave Junction in 10 days, where are you?

Sandy Oregon. Near Gresham. My wife is from here. We also went to seaside and Newport a couple of times. Even when it's rainy I love going to the beach! I also took a quick tour of western u-northwest comp in Lebanon.
Where is Cave Junction anyway?

Ok I know this is random, but if the plural of hippocampus (you know, the mythical creature) is hippocampi, then why is the plural of campus campuses and not campi?

Last edited:
Sandy Oregon. Near Gresham. My wife is from here. We also went to seaside and Newport a couple of times. Even when it's rainy I love going to the beach! I also took a quick tour of western u-northwest comp in Lebanon.
Where is Cave Junction anyway?

It's way, way south by the CA border.

Lol that's how everyone feels when they get one ;)
May I suggest getting a big 24" monitor you can connect to at home on your desk like I do. Really ups your screen real estate.

This, plus a big external harddrive and you have a nice 'desktop' computer at home that you can unplug and take with you.

(some people don't need the extra space, but its good to back up your computer anyway.)

This, plus a big external harddrive and you have a nice 'desktop' computer at home that you can unplug and take with you.

(some people don't need the extra space, but its good to back up your computer anyway.)

External HDD for sure. I had nearly 1 TB of data that I lost because I always thought about getting an external and backing up but never did. All my movies, games, and more importantly home videos and photos and tax info gone when my iMac up and croaked on me.

Oh, should be a little sunnier there. Interesting place to vacation, or are you visiting family?

Fiancee's family reunion, and making it a vacation :) Also, it marks the beginning of NOT WORKING since age 16, as I start school. :cool:

Last day working in the ED is on the 11th and I'm already kinda starting to miss it :oops:

Fiancee's family reunion, and making it a vacation :) Also, it marks the beginning of NOT WORKING since age 16, as I start school. :cool:

Last day working in the ED is on the 11th and I'm already kinda starting to miss it :oops:

I know that feel bro. Lol seriously though, with graduating last August and not being in school and now I'm watching our 2.5 yr old while my wife works I feel like a loser. Ha ha ha
Can't wait to go to school, but I guess I need an acceptance first.

You'll do fine with a 30/3.3.

Medical interpreting pays pretty good. The fact you're from Utah kind of explains how that all came about ;)

I personally think it is plenty warm in Oregon right now (try wearing heavy pants for work and being outside, you learn to appreciate cool weather)

Totally agree with both of these, but my MBP screen is generally enough real estate for most of my applications. Plugging into my TV at home for a movie off my MBP, priceless. An external HD for backups is awesome, and on this note the Time Capsule is friggin awesome from what I've read on it (starting to really think about getting one since my home is gradually becoming pure Mac).

Hoping we can avoid any further wildfires, but reality is probably not. The RH factor is way down for the most part in Colorado so we'll probably see more soon.

I've only received 3 DO secondaries, but 7-8 MD secondaries. Cmon DO!

Getting ready to send in my application. Just have to fill in coursework which I'll do tomorrow.

I'll probably send in my TMDSAS within two days or so. Have to write two optional essays for that.

I've only received 3 DO secondaries, but 7-8 MD secondaries. Cmon DO!

Man MD schools are killing with the secondaries so far. Im still waiting for amcas verification. It is taking forever!! DO schools are freakin dragging *****

Great news man, good luck.

Thanks!

Man MD schools are killing with the secondaries so far. Im still waiting for amcas verification. It is taking forever!! DO schools are freakin dragging *****

I think I got 5 MD today and it's probably going to get worse soon. Gotta get these things done!

I'm glad DO schools are taking a while though. Gives me more time to work on them later.

You'll do fine with a 30/3.3.

Medical interpreting pays pretty good. The fact you're from Utah kind of explains how that all came about ;)

Too bad I never did interpreting for money. Lol
Yeah, Utah is rife with foreign language people like me. I took it to a whole new level getting my undergrad in Spanish though.
I hope the 30/3.3 is good enough even with my craptastic essays. Lol

This is actually one of my required books. Good to know its good.

Also, those accepted, how are you killing your last few weeks of freedom?

This is actually one of my required books. Good to know its good.

Also, those accepted, how are you killing your last few weeks of freedom?

Doing absolutely nothing... ha.

I'm moving in a few days, so these are my last moments at home. I'm going to miss it, but change is good.

Doing absolutely nothing... ha.

I'm moving in a few days, so these are my last moments at home. I'm going to miss it, but change is good.

Yeah, I moved in a week ago. I'm at the lake with my wife's family for now, but school starts in ten days. Trying to enjoy the last time I'll see them without mounds of work to do. Lol

Yeah, I moved in a week ago. I'm at the lake with my wife's family for now, but school starts in ten days. Trying to enjoy the last time I'll see them without mounds of work to do. Lol

Which school?

Sounds like a nice way to relax before you start M1!

Which school?

Sounds like a nice way to relax before you start M1!

Yeah, it's been a good weekend. Overall it's been a really good break between undergrad and med school. Went to the beach, Six Flags, the lake, another lake, got back in decent shape...

And Lincoln Memorial is where I'm going.

Yeah, it's been a good weekend. Overall it's been a really good break between undergrad and med school. Went to the beach, Six Flags, the lake, another lake, got back in decent shape...

And Lincoln Memorial is where I'm going.

got to say I am bit envious of all you guys who are chilling/stress-free. At this point in the app. cycle, its hard to believe that I will ever be in this position in the future. Fingers crossed!:xf:

got to say I am bit envious of all you guys who are chilling/stress-free. At this point in the app. cycle, its hard to believe that I will ever be in this position in the future. Fingers crossed!:xf:

I think I'm more stressed than I think. Kind of like how I didn't think I had seasonal depression for my first winter here in Saint Louis (originally from Hawai'i.. no winter there) but as soon as the sun came out in May I felt a billion times better. Can't wait for that first acceptance letter!

I think I'm more stressed than I think. Kind of like how I didn't think I had seasonal depression for my first winter here in Saint Louis (originally from Hawai'i.. no winter there) but as soon as the sun came out in May I felt a billion times better. Can't wait for that first acceptance letter!
:xf: for ya, good luck! I know that I'm feeling a little more stressed than normal this year as well but in the end it will be worth all of this. :D

Yeah, I grew up around STL/Eastern WA... and to this day I've never stopped hating winter.

I'm about to move back to STL (albeit only from mid-MO), I have a year to kick around during this application cycle... then I'm sort of hoping I get accepted into a school with a more pleasant year-round weather pattern.

edit: oh, and if you ever want to go out, let me know. maybe we'll discover that we hang out at the same places lol.

Last edited:
Funny how climate affects us...I am used to having 4 seasons, and really enjoy the snow and winter weather (especially the activities, i.e. snowboarding, etc).

Now, Im in a place where I haven't been cold in over a year and its depressing to me! Its like reverse seasonal affective disorder! (or maybe it is s.a.d.)

Only one cure for me though...an acceptance ;)

:xf: for ya, good luck! I know that I'm feeling a little more stressed than normal this year as well but in the end it will be worth all of this. :D

Funny how climate affects us...I am used to having 4 seasons, and really enjoy the snow and winter weather (especially the activities, i.e. snowboarding, etc).

Now, Im in a place where I haven't been cold in over a year and its depressing to me! Its like reverse seasonal affective disorder! (or maybe it is s.a.d.)

I promise you that despite what you may have going on, an acceptance will make it all go away :)

its hard to believe that I will ever be in this position in the future. Fingers crossed!:xf:

I know it's crazy hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel in the application season and such, but it is there. I know all of you will be in the same situation we're in now in the future.

However, as excited as I am, I have to admit that I'm getting pretty nervous as it approaches. Lol

Yeah I hear ya on that one for sure. Four seasons in the year is el primo for sure. I definitely missed the four seasons here while I was gone over the past few years. I might consider island lifestyle as a good trade (more scuba diving opportunities) but I will miss my home state if I end up having to move for school.

I love having four seasons. I grew up in Hawai'i and I have no intentions of returning (except maybe for vacation). The weather there is mild all year (70-85 mostly) and obviously there's no snow or ice. It's boring though, seriously.

Seasonal weather is great. I love the winter except when it interferes with commuting, which, in St. Louis, isn't all that often.

I love having four seasons. I grew up in Hawai'i and I have no intentions of returning (except maybe for vacation). The weather there is mild all year (70-85 mostly) and obviously there's no snow or ice. It's boring though, seriously.

Seasonal weather is great. I love the winter except when it interferes with commuting, which, in St. Louis, isn't all that often.

I, on the other hand, am in northern Illinois and couldn't be happier at the prospect of never seeing another winter once I start med school-I'll definitely be weighting my applications heavily to the south...

I, on the other hand, am in northern Illinois and couldn't be happier at the prospect of never seeing another winter once I start med school-I'll definitely be weighting my applications heavily to the south...

Haha, its the opposite for me. I'm tired of long summers and no winters. Texas heat woo

You know what they say about that grass...

Haha, its the opposite for me. I'm tired of long summers and no winters. Texas heat woo

I'm actually pretty concerned about this... I love a good cold snap, and I've seen snow a few times, but I'm not sure if I can handle an entire midwest/northeast winter. I guess I'll find out the hard way.