**Late Night Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My PS is still sitting in your inbox.. You know, if you get a chance :xf:

I know... I had a busy weekend and wasn't at home much so I wasn't able to get to it. I have like 5 PS's to revise... I'll get it to you by Monday/Tuesday. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know... I had a busy weekend and wasn't at home much so I wasn't able to get to it. I have like 5 PS's to revise... I'll get it to you by Monday/Tuesday. :xf:

Sigh, I also have 5-6 in my inbox, too. I get too involved and it takes me forever to give proper critiques. I'm such a perfectionist :(

June 1 is a pretty big day for me. AACOMAS submission, moving into a new apartment, and picking up the first suit I've ever owned!

No problem! I'm pretty happy with it now, but I'm going to send you my most recent revision. It's not much different than the last one, but I think some of the wording is better.

I've been reading/revising other people's PS, but I really have no idea what I should be looking for. I've mainly been telling people the same thing my editors told me as well as cleaning up some grammar.

I've been reading/revising other people's PS, but I really have no idea what I should be looking for. I've mainly been telling people the same thing my editors told me as well as cleaning up some grammar.
The PS is basically my worst nightmare. And LOR. And choosing schools. And...:scared:

Better get to work! Applications open this week.

Well I've had a lot of people review my PS and it comes back to me with only minute changes in punctuation now, but I'm a worrier and feel like it isn't good enough. I just need to submit the application and be done with it.
Actually I should really probably be sleeping! :rolleyes:

So I'm personally excited for Men in Black 3 this weekend, Prometheus next weekend, and then Dark Knight! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't imagine applying to 30+ schools individually. Praise almighty AMCAS/AACOMAS!

I can't imagine applying to 30+ schools individually. Praise almighty AMCAS/AACOMAS!

You may want to put a hold on your animal sacrifices to the aacomas gods until you check your verified application. When I applied last year, they messed up my GPA and it took an additional 4 weeks to appeal and fix the problem.

holy crap, rescuing this from the third page. I'm back, sup

You may want to put a hold on your animal sacrifices to the aacomas gods until you check your verified application. When I applied last year, they messed up my GPA and it took an additional 4 weeks to appeal and fix the problem.

would you mind sharing how did they exactly mess up? Just asking to possibly avoid any mistakes on my own app.

There were a few problems post-verification, but everything is worked out now!

holy crap, rescuing this from the third page. I'm back, sup

How was it? Maui is nice this time of year.

would you mind sharing how did they exactly mess up? Just asking to possibly avoid any mistakes on my own app.

They removed some retakes for me even though I had them in correctly. They re-added them though.

Wily, how does it feel to be MARRIED?!?

I just had my engagement photo session last night and got this amazing shot in the foothills above town:

551023_454223827922718_723658252_n.jpg

Trip was awesomesauce. Weather was good and we pretty much went everywhere on the island that you can drive to. Wedding/Snorkeling/beachtime/food etc. Bought a Molokini snorkel trip but the winds were causing rough conditions so we couldn't go and instead went to another spot. Sadpanda... I really wanted to snorkel in Molokini.

I just had my engagement photo session last night and got this amazing shot in the foothills above town:

Damn nice photo! Uhm.. feels good man. dat feel. We're still in the process of picking our photos from the wedding and the "trash the dress" session. The TtD was major fun lol (playing in the beach/sand/water with her wearing her wedding dress and me semi-formal.. sand everywhere.)

Your avatar is totally appropriate.

I'm getting that delayed soreness from working out two days ago.

Anyone know if the soreness is actually necessary to growing your muscles or is there a way to prevent it after a workout?

Was working out late last night. Gym was almost empty but some guy decided to walk right next to me and brushed against the 95lb dumbbell (was doing incline press) and pushed my arm back. Fscked up my shoulder to say the least :( waiting for doc to tell me how bad.

I'm getting that delayed soreness from working out two days ago.

Anyone know if the soreness is actually necessary to growing your muscles or is there a way to prevent it after a workout?

I'm not a model of fitness, but I do know about lifting weights. Soreness is caused from microtears in your muscle. These tears are necessary to build muscle (since the fibers will heal, bigger and badder), but the tears cause the soreness. One way to prevent soreness is to basically aid in the RECOVERY of the tears, like having protein and ESPECIALLY stretching after a workout. Stretch, stretch, stretch.

Wassup peeps? Been busy with MCAT and "life" over the past few weeks. Hoping to get my apps in soon, but having to wait. *sigh* not my original plan but eh it works, plus MCAT won't be til Aug 10.

In other news, went and looked at the '12 Grand Cherokee and '12 Avalanche today for our second vehicle purchase, tempting oh so tempting but trying to stay focused on getting into medical school. Still might need to figure out a second vehicle for my wife, but we'll approach that in about 6 months we're thinking. As a result of looking at the Grand Cherokee we did manage to win a 3 day/2 night trip here in the States (selection of places not totally sure if we'll use it for San Diego and diving or Las Vegas).

+1 definitely water, and also knowing your limits and staying safe especially if you're applying this year. Not a huge fan of proteins, etc. Ibuprofen will help but don't do it on a regular basis.

Wassup peeps? Been busy with MCAT and "life" over the past few weeks. Hoping to get my apps in soon, but having to wait. *sigh* not my original plan but eh it works, plus MCAT won't be til Aug 10.

In other news, went and looked at the '12 Grand Cherokee and '12 Avalanche today for our second vehicle purchase, tempting oh so tempting but trying to stay focused on getting into medical school. Still might need to figure out a second vehicle for my wife, but we'll approach that in about 6 months we're thinking. As a result of looking at the Grand Cherokee we did manage to win a 3 day/2 night trip here in the States (selection of places not totally sure if we'll use it for San Diego and diving or Las Vegas).

Wuzup brah. Congrats on the prize! Come to mah city. We'll party it up.

Wuzup brah. Congrats on the prize! Come to mah city. We'll party it up.
Thanks! Which city are ya at? San Diego has obvious attraction for my wife and I since we're divers, but Vegas is well Vegas.... :D

Thanks! Which city are ya at? San Diego has obvious attraction for my wife and I since we're divers, but Vegas is well Vegas.... :D

East TX. I don't want to give the exact city since I'm sure SDN has many creepers who like to... creep.

San Diego and Vegas! Wow, 2 great choices! Let us know which one you pick. :)

SAN DIEGOOOO :D you won't regret it :thumbup: but sin city is oh so tempting as well

East TX. I don't want to give the exact city since I'm sure SDN has many creepers who like to... creep.

San Diego and Vegas! Wow, 2 great choices! Let us know which one you pick. :)
LOL, yeah so true! There's a few more places on the deal and will definitely keep everyone updated on which one we decide to go to.

SAN DIEGOOOO :D you won't regret it :thumbup: but sin city is oh so tempting as well
Yeah, and I've actually never been to San Diego. Heard a lot of great things about San Diego ranging from nightlife in the gas lamp district to the diving just never been.

if you need suggestions let me know! I'm pretty familiar with SD ;D

Last edited:
Saweeet prize COMedic! I'd hit up Vegas, but San Diego is cool. Speaking of DrWily getting married, congrats broseph! Just had orientation with the lady friend (fiance) yesterday at the church we are getting married at here in Des Moines and had to take a 200 question compatability test thing :lame:. They pretty much asked 20 questions ten different ways... no bueno.

Just checkin' in w/ my peeps.

Anyone scared/excited/annoyed with moving in a month?! I know I am!

More excited and annoyed than scared! Excited to be starting school in a month, but annoyed that I don't know 100% where I'm going due to waitlist uncertainty.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I've begun making a list of stuff I need to buy/find/salvage/steal before I move. Also had a problem securing Grad Plus loans from Direct Loans due to an unpaid medical bill I didn't even know about. Got that squared away so I put in an appeal to the Direct Loans servicers. Crossing my fingers they let me go to school. >_>

More excited and annoyed than scared! Excited to be starting school in a month, but annoyed that I don't know 100% where I'm going due to waitlist uncertainty.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I've begun making a list of stuff I need to buy/find/salvage/steal before I move. Also had a problem securing Grad Plus loans from Direct Loans due to an unpaid medical bill I didn't even know about. Got that squared away so I put in an appeal to the Direct Loans servicers. Crossing my fingers they let me go to school. >_>

Quit your bellyaching.. Whiny MS0's.

where are you waitlisted at?

NSU-COM and Temple
nice! do you mind me asking what your state of residence is?quite a big difference in weather between those two!

when it comes my time to apply i'm going to be stuck applying to warm places bc i'm so used to 100+ degree weather!

If you got a better financial package at a DO school, but also got into an MD what would you do?

MD. Less hoops to jump through, don't have to take two tests just to impress others, and all around less s*** to deal with.

nice! do you mind me asking what your state of residence is?quite a big difference in weather between those two!

when it comes my time to apply i'm going to be stuck applying to warm places bc i'm so used to 100+ degree weather!

I'm a FL resident. I've lived in FL all my life and my blood is used to the humidity, but I absolutely loved Philly. It wasn't very cold when I was there, but it was very nice.

MD. Less hoops to jump through, don't have to take two tests just to impress others, and all around less s*** to deal with.

I'm a FL resident. I've lived in FL all my life and my blood is used to the humidity, but I absolutely loved Philly. It wasn't very cold when I was there, but it was very nice.

What about a full tuition exemption and a living stipend for DO? :)