Late Pre-req's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScienceBrah

insufferable know-it-all
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I want to get my app in August of 2016 (wayyyyyy in the future I know) to start school mid-July 2017.

That gives me time during the 2016-2017 school year to fulfill my last pre-req. I've been struggle bussing trying to find a class that fits the 8 hour credit bill for Inorganic Chem in the New England and the only one that seems to do it isn't offered in the summer (which would allow me to finish the pre-reqs before I apply).

So my options are Inorganic 1 with lab and inorganic 2 with lab during the 2016-2017 school year. Or an intermediate inorganic chem class with lab and then an advanced inorganic chem class without a lab during the summer. The latter just seems sketchy and I don't know if it'll get me up to the credit count.

So my real question is that I know the school only requires that you finish all the prerequisites before you matriculate. Does it hurt my chances for an interview/acceptance if I wait to take the class until just before I am to matriculate? Like if I haven't finished them before my possible interview?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I want to get my app in August of 2016 (wayyyyyy in the future I know) to start school mid-July 2017.

That gives me time during the 2016-2017 school year to fulfill my last pre-req. I've been struggle bussing trying to find a class that fits the 8 hour credit bill for Inorganic Chem in the New England and the only one that seems to do it isn't offered in the summer (which would allow me to finish the pre-reqs before I apply).

So my options are Inorganic 1 with lab and inorganic 2 with lab during the 2016-2017 school year. Or an intermediate inorganic chem class with lab and then an advanced inorganic chem class without a lab during the summer. The latter just seems sketchy and I don't know if it'll get me up to the credit count.

So my real question is that I know the school only requires that you finish all the prerequisites before you matriculate. Does it hurt my chances for an interview/acceptance if I wait to take the class until just before I am to matriculate? Like if I haven't finished them before my possible interview?

Thanks!
It hasn't hindered me. But mine are planned by the end of next semester.