Latest Accepted MCAT Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altitude

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm applying in Fall 2012, what is the last possible date that I could take the MCAT?

And could I send my application in w/o it?

Members don't see this ad.

On paper, the last day most schools accept MCAT scores is from the September test dates.

Realistically, your application should be finished in mid-July, which would mean an MCAT in June to have a real shot at getting admitted for the next year. You can send in your application without MCAT scores and they will verify your transcripts.

You don't want to take your MCAT later than July or certainly mid August. The above poster said realistically you need to take in June... I would disagree. To have a good shot in admissions, I think you realistically need to take it by the end of July. The earlier, the better, though, so June would be the best thing.

I took latest date for 2011 and I currently have 3 Interview invites next month.

I wouldn't recommend it to others though. I would say take it july at the latest

Most people submit in July/August. Overall, do your best to take the MCAT early and submit ASAP. You can submit AMCAS WITHOUT your MCAT scores. However, your application will not be looked until the scores come in. Submitting early also means you get verified early.