latest Cliff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shal3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
What's the latest Cliff's bio ed. and where can I buy it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

What happen to an enzyme after a reaction takes place?
  • the enzyme is degraded and recycled
  • it participates in negative feedback
  • it releases substrate and further catalyzes
  • it is inhibited by product
  • it is permanently conformed into tense state

Members don't see this ad :)
Cliffs is great but if you want to score a 21 or above then you will probably need to supplement it with something else. Cliffs gives a great overview on most things but there are some subjects where I think it lacks detail.

Cliffs is great but if you want to score a 21 or above then you will probably need to supplement it with something else. Cliffs gives a great overview on most things but there are some subjects where I think it lacks detail.

What more should I supplement Cliffs with??

Scaums is more comprehensive and has entire sections devoted to things cliffs either leaves out or barely mentions like embryology for example. I am still studying myself so I cant say for sure whats more on target. I also like destroyer for the sciences. The organic especially has some great hard questions to learn from. Also are you looking for a simple foundation or are you trying to learn more details? Keep that in mind when you decide what study tools to use. Good luck!

What more should I supplement Cliffs with??

Dont get me wrong, I think Cliffs is great, but it lacks some in dept detail. Depending on your background, Cliffs alone should get you a 20 or above, but if you are looking for more, I suggest either ExamKracker or Princeton mcat review.

Scaums is more comprehensive and has entire sections devoted to things cliffs either leaves out or barely mentions like embryology for example. I am still studying myself so I cant say for sure whats more on target. I also like destroyer for the sciences. The organic especially has some great hard questions to learn from. Also are you looking for a simple foundation or are you trying to learn more details? Keep that in mind when you decide what study tools to use. Good luck!

How long does Schaums take to go through? I was really trying to focus on bio and the PAT for the next two weeks before I start Kaplan.. Maybe if I go through Cliffs and then read over Schaums A-Z to see what was left out??

Shaums A-Z Biology or Schaums Easy Outline of Biology? A-Z is 300 some pages long..

How was ExamKrackers? Their bio review is a lot more expensive than Schaums...

I liked ExamKracker quite a bit. It was actually the book that I refered to most. If you are tight on money, I would suggest you get the Schaums. There are a few topics that are not covered in the EK books.

Thanks for your help, blueclue! I am pretty tight on $, so I am going to EZ-Borrow Schaums from another college library.