Latest date to take DAT and still be in first cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuJee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Assuming everything else such as applications and materials are sent in June 1, what's the latest date I could take the DAT and still be considered in the first round of considerations for most schools?

Members don't see this ad.

It really does depend on each school.
What you should be asking is for each school specifically.
I know UCLA reviews files very late. August or later I think.

If your GPA, experience, etc are stellar, they will start reviewing before getting DAT scores. They can then just use DAT scores to confirm they want you for interview. That's only if you're quite above avg though.

Members don't see this ad :)
If your GPA, experience, etc are stellar, they will start reviewing before getting DAT scores. They can then just use DAT scores to confirm they want you for interview. That's only if you're quite above avg though.

But DAT is the only fair way to review us. A gpa could be meaningless for many reasons.

A high GPA could be meaningless. I'm saying if you have a high GPA from a top 10 school or that type of situation. That is definitely very meaningful, and they will pursue you before getting DAT scores.

Jun30

Since aadsas takes about 4-6 weeks

AADSAS takes about 8 to 12 weeks? to send out your stuff, but I remember your DAT score is sent out from ADA to schools directly so I am assuming or at least hoping that it will be alot faster than 8 to 12 weeks. It maybe that those scores are sent electronically to the schools.

I am also planning to take my test at the end of June, but at the look of things I till I will have to postpone since I am moving in late June.