latest date to take step 2 CK before rank deadline 2/21/2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MudPhud20XX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I remember reading a similar post somewhere, but can't find it.... I would really appreciate you guys input.

I am seriously thinking about postponing my CK to mid/late Jan. Does anyone know the latest date you can take step 2 CK but still be able to report to the program your score before they finalize their rank order? It's like Feb 21st, so technically you can take the CK on 1/13/2018, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I remember reading a similar post somewhere, but can't find it.... I would really appreciate you guys input.

I am seriously thinking about postponing my CK to mid/late Jan. Does anyone know the latest date you can take step 2 CK but still be able to report to the program your score before they finalize their rank order? It's like Feb 21st, so technically you can take the CK on 1/13/2018, correct?

I think so, I'm taking mine 1/17

I think anytime before 01/22/2018 should be fine... But once you got your score, email it to programs you rank. I was told by an APD that even if you see that your latest USMLE transcript request is successful in ERAS, that does not mean that they can see it immediately. FWIW, she told me it usually takes them a few days to see it.

She advised me to email my CS result as soon as I got it because they plan to rank me high (I took that last part with a huge grain of salt).

Reactions: 1 user