Step I Latest Time to Take Step 1 and Be OK for VSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

djtallahassee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, our school is looking at doing some step timing modifications and moving to past clinicals. There is a transition year and a final version of the plan and I was hoping you all had some input as if it is sufficient to properly apply for VSAS and get away rotations still.


Transition year: Students would take Step 1 the last week of April, year 3. Seems like it could be cutting it close if scores take ~ a month to get back plus maybe some delays but I am not informed enough about the away rotation process.

Final form: Students would take it the 3rd week of March. Seems more reasonable.

Other factors include I have no idea when students take Step 2. I know for some specialites you need it so not sure if it is a large factor for just getting the aways or not.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!