Leadership roles on Application to UT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RackingHorse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen on some CVM websites that they look for applicants who have bee in leadership roles before. However, I have not seen anywhere on the UTCVM website that mentions this. Those of you who have experience with UT, did they ask or request information about leadership roles you have had?

Members don't see this ad.

I have seen on some CVM websites that they look for applicants who have bee in leadership roles before. However, I have not seen anywhere on the UTCVM website that mentions this. Those of you who have experience with UT, did they ask or request information about leadership roles you have had?

It goes on your VMCAS in your clubs/activities section. I'm pretty sure there is a place to list what leadership position there. Also in your job descriptions if you had a leadership position there.

I had zero leadership roles, and I wasn't asked about it, nor did it seem to be a negative point on my application. I think they are more interested in enthusiastic involvement in activities, not necessarily leadership.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't have any outstanding leadership positions either in any clubs or activities either. I trained volunteers at work for about 2 weeks, which is as much leadership as I had on my application. They never asked me about it, so it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

As far as leadership roles or even involvement in clubs at college, I have no experience. But, I have been a youth choir pianist and youth choir leader at a couple different churches. Would something like this count as a leadership role?

As far as leadership roles or even involvement in clubs at college, I have no experience. But, I have been a youth choir pianist and youth choir leader at a couple different churches. Would something like this count as a leadership role?

I'd put it down. At the very least it shows community involvement.

I'd put it down. At the very least it shows community involvement.

Agreed. Leadership doesn't require a defined or elected role, so you can show leadership by planning an event, directing a team, etc. We always think they mean some specific job-type position, but leadership's definition is not that narrow.