Learning about radiation and working of ct/mri during fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gagan97

Reaction score
Since cardiologist inherently use flouroscopy a lot and with new advances in cardiac mr and cardiac ct, is cardiac radiology taught in depth during fellowship including radiation protection etc?

Members don't see this ad.

wear lead

don't bring metal near an mri

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Since cardiologist inherently use flouroscopy a lot and with new advances in cardiac mr and cardiac ct, is cardiac radiology taught in depth during fellowship including radiation protection etc?
not really. but if you want to take the nuclear board, you will need an 80 hour nuclear physics and radiation course. I completed this online course in the beginning of third year of cardio fellowship

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that the average IC physician in the US gets almost three times the annual radiation dose compared to the average power plant worker.
Would you suggest anyone to reconsider his application into the field stricly based on the occupational hazard?
Are you not concered about the accumulative damage that is infliced upon you when you do your daily job?
If god fobid you would be diagnosed in the future with a brain tumor.. would you still say in was worth it all along - the fascinating work, doing smth meaningful for the patients, saving lives etc?

I read that the average IC physician in the US gets almost three times the annual radiation dose compared to the average power plant worker.
Would you suggest anyone to reconsider his application into the field stricly based on the occupational hazard?
Are you not concered about the accumulative damage that is infliced upon you when you do your daily job?
If god fobid you would be diagnosed in the future with a brain tumor.. would you still say in was worth it all along - the fascinating work, doing smth meaningful for the patients, saving lives etc?
None of this is “worth it”..