Learning disabilities and the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizard7

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So aside from applying for accommodations, does anyone know of any other resources for people with LDs taking the MCAT beyond the link on the aamc webpage? I can't imagine I'm the only person with ADHD taking the MCAT.

Or even simpler, does anyone have any helpful advice about adjusting to the computer format? FYI- I will be a retaker so I have already tried the take lots of online practice test methods :(
Feel free to message me instead. Any help would be really great!

Members don't see this ad.

So aside from applying for accommodations, does anyone know of any other resources for people with LDs taking the MCAT beyond the link on the aamc webpage? I can't imagine I'm the only person with ADHD taking the MCAT.

Or even simpler, does anyone have any helpful advice about adjusting to the computer format? FYI- I will be a retaker so I have already tried the take lots of online practice test methods :(
Feel free to message me instead. Any help would be really great!

I have ADHD also and let me tell you the application process to get accommodations is nuts. I am not even going to try and bother. I would like to know of any resources as well, and also if anyone has had luck getting special accommodations what were they and was it as hard to get as it seems? and to the OP you took it already so was it awful with ADHD or not as much as you thought?

I have ADHD also and let me tell you the application process to get accommodations is nuts. I am not even going to try and bother. I would like to know of any resources as well, and also if anyone has had luck getting special accommodations what were they and was it as hard to get as it seems? and to the OP you took it already so was it awful with ADHD or not as much as you thought?

Can't give any advice about getting accommodations cause I didn't get them when I applied. Honestly, the hardest part of ADHD/MCAT was switching to a computer. If you have adapted strategies like active reading, etc. to help with previous testing, it's alot harder to stay focused on the computer. I also felt like I made more mistakes on computer based testing from reading errors.