Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, all my block exams are in-house as well. You have to do what works for you. For me, during my first semester I made flashcards and it took way too much time to the point where I couldn't review it to the full extent. This semester, I don't make as much and it has been great. Here are some alternatives:I’m having trouble relying on Anking for my school.
Anking doesn’t even have cards for at least 50% of what I’m expected to know for in-house exams.
For the past year I’ve been doing school lectures and unsuspending cards on Anking. I also make cards from school lectures because there’s just so much info not on Anking that I’m expected to know.
I know a lot of people say skim lectures before exams but I honestly don’t know how this is feasible. I would go going through 1000+ (or even more depending on block) slides and half the info would not be on Anking. I also can’t just read it once and memorize it, I need to make Anki cards for repetition. I would love to transition to BnB and Anking but not sure how I can do it. School lectures and making cards also take a lot of time but idk how else I can pass my school exams.
Any tips?
1. Does your class have a GroupMe Anki? Mine does and people will upload their cards so it is not the same person making cards for all in-house lectures
2. We also have hand me down premade cards from the previous class
You can use those to study/modify as needed.
I cycle through AnKing and the tailored cards. It take so much more time to get through the cards, but hey, at least I can thoroughly review. Finally, to clarify a statement I made earlier about skimming lectures; I don't skip the lectures the night before....instead it is multiple passes of skimming over the course of the block as another way to try to get the concepts to stick. Good luck!