LEAST Favorite MCAT section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandoraaj009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For me, it's a toss up between PS and VR...PS b/c it's always been tough for me, but VR is so frustrating!! I'm going to go with PS...

Members don't see this ad.

Writing fo sho. I dread writing a unified essay since I don't get any practice other than FL tests. When I am typing, I feel like an ass-clown. Not like it matters since all I have to do is survive with higher than an M.

Members don't see this ad :)
VR because I got 9's both times I took the MCAT.

Although recent practice tests were 11's and nearly all AAMC's were 10's.

You never know with verbal. How you feel on test day and concentration power plays in a LOT.

Heh, I like chem and ochem, but hate physics. It just freaks me out, even though it seems to make perfect sense when I force myself to work on it. I'm still traumatized by my high school physics teacher. He kept forgetting where he was in the middle of a lecture, would look at the board and recognize nothing, and then would restart on something else. We couldn't take our textbooks home, and the web was still pretty new, so I felt pretty helpless. Unfortunately none of us knew he had a neurological disorder that'd cause him to retire a couple years later.

Verbal, of course. The one section where you can prepare like the dickens and still get shot down. At least if you're deficient in PS you can raise your score by hammering more concepts down. In BS you can always memorize more facts. For VR...nothing can fully prepare you.

With Verbal you just never know what their talking about. Its always some judicial this, or 17th century that...boo hoo.

Without a doubt, its SOOOOO going to be verbal for me.

I mean, geez, on my practice tests, verbal ALWAYS slaps me in the face.

You can learn the concepts to do great on the Physical Sciences, but there isn't much you can do to get better at Verbal.

Verbal FTMFL!!!!!

PS. Just not a big fan of numbers and equations. Sometimes I actually enjoy it, other times it's kinda meh... I always look forward to days I'll be working on bio/ochem/verbal. Never really look forward to physics/gchem days.