Leaving Chain After A Month

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rukn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad would this look if in the future I ever wanted to return to this company?

So far they have said I've done a good job but I was given an offer from some where else that would be foolish to refuse

Members don't see this ad.

You’ll probably get black listed but frankly, given the state of retail, that may be a good thing. What’s the details of the other job? Is it possible to stay on as hourly in the retail gig?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You’ll probably get black listed but frankly, given the state of retail, that may be a good thing. What’s the details of the other job? Is it possible to stay on as hourly in the retail gig?

Why would you ever want to return to the retail job if this other job is so much better?
It's still retail but much less stress and no difference in pay

How bad would this look if in the future I ever wanted to return to this company?

So far they have said I've done a good job but I was given an offer from some where else that would be foolish to refuse
If quitting a job simply to move on to another makes your former employer upset, why would you ever want to work there again? Give two weeks or whatever is customary and move on. The only time I would worry is if you leave under undesirable circumstances. I swear are all pharmacists like abused spouses?

All I can say is - I quit on Wags 2 weeks after my initial training in and never even considered what this would “look like”. Believe it or not, they were in a position to negotiate to retain me. I decided it was not about money, it was about respect for myself, the public, and my profession as a whole.

If I am in a position where I am taken advantage of in a way that is entirely inappropriate - why should I feel bad about making the decision that I would not be taken advantage of? And - why would I ever want to go back to an environment like that?

Edit: also, if you go about it in the right way, you will gain respect not loose it. In fact I just texted my old wags store manager today - we are friends. But he knows that my position is that wags can take their culture and shove it in their nose because I don’t want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
All I can say is - I quit on Wags 2 weeks after my initial training in and never even considered what this would “look like”. Believe it or not, they were in a position to negotiate to retain me. I decided it was not about money, it was about respect for myself, the public, and my profession as a whole.

If I am in a position where I am taken advantage of in a way that is entirely inappropriate - why should I feel bad about making the decision that I would not be taken advantage of? And - why would I ever want to go back to an environment like that?
I was waiting for you to chime in. I remember you did something similar.

I was waiting for you to chime in. I remember you did something similar.

One of the best choices I ever made. Honestly - I do understand though... we need to make money to survive. I just can’t get myself to do it like that anymore. And trust me, I gave retail my 150%. At one point I ran a very successful super high volume pharmacy. But, when that went out of business and Walgreens came to recruit me - I went to them and I found out that things have gotten REALLY BAD.

I have decided I would be happy with ANY job which I can pull over 70k yearly to avoid nasty retail.

If the new job has any sort of job security then take it and don't look back.

I left CVS after 3 months. (thank God) I don't think you get black listed. May be the same supervisor will not hire you again. they know they have a high turnover. Just move on to diff job. Any rph job is better then cvs job.

Reactions: 2 users