Leaving Early Childhood Education

Started by RoseReign
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RoseReign

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After graduating undergrad in 2012, I began teaching. I have been teaching ECE for the past two years and while I love what I do, I know longer see a future in this field (at least not in the classroom). I've always wanted to practice medicine, but I put that dream on hold to teach. Now, I'm considering attending a post-bacc designed for career changers. I took chemistry (did well) and organic chemistry (not so well) in undergrad, hopefully, this doesn't rule me out of any of these programs. I'm looking to attend SFSU, CSU San Marcos, JHU, or Harvard. My undergrad GPA is 2.8. I'm currently getting my masters in ECE from JHU and anticipate that my GPA will be >3.8. I have volunteer experience from college and I'm going to begin volunteering at my local hospital soon. What else could I possibly do to make my post-bacc application competitive? I plan to apply for Summer/Fall 2017. Thank you in advance for your comments!