LECOM 3rd/4th Year Rotation Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Starshope

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone and a special hello to all my fellow LECOMers out there. I did a few searches regarding this topic but a lot of the threads are really outdated and I was wondering if I could get some advice regarding rotation sites. I am currently at Seton Hill and from what I understand they are going to be just adding us to the groups in Erie and letting us choose from the same sites. I was looking at the NYC/Philly sites because I am from NYC. However, the sites seem pretty limited. Is it better to stay in Pittsburgh and get a better learning experience from the hospitals there? Or are the NYC/Philly sites worth it? I have read some great things about the Pittsburgh sites and was wondering how the different hospitals there are. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone and a special hello to all my fellow LECOMers out there. I did a few searches regarding this topic but a lot of the threads are really outdated and I was wondering if I could get some advice regarding rotation sites. I am currently at Seton Hill and from what I understand they are going to be just adding us to the groups in Erie and letting us choose from the same sites. I was looking at the NYC/Philly sites because I am from NYC. However, the sites seem pretty limited. Is it better to stay in Pittsburgh and get a better learning experience from the hospitals there? Or are the NYC/Philly sites worth it? I have read some great things about the Pittsburgh sites and was wondering how the different hospitals there are. Thanks in advance!

There are a few things to consider. The biggest thing to remember is that once you make a decision on where you want to rotate you are stuck there. If you want NYC you will be at Good Samaritan or Peninsula. I don't believe you can do all of your core rotations there and even if you can there may be someone else in your rotation group interested in NYC as well (which would make it nearly impossible for you to do everything there). The same thing goes for Philly. There are sites there, but there is a chance you may have others in your group interested in rotations there which would prevent you from doing much there.

Pittsburgh is a great choice, but remember that there are a multitude of people from that area who attend Seton Hill. They are (likely) all going to want to rotate there and not only do you have to compete with Seton Hill for spots there, you also need to compete with Erie students (and that goes for Philly and NYC as well).

I know that I am painting a tough picture, but the bottom line is that very few people get all their rotations in one area. Depending on your group composition and if LECOM expands their rotation slots (...) you may have to settle for a good many sites that you haven't even considered.