LECOM Bradenton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just wondering if anyone from the March 24th interview session are still waiting to hear from LECOM-B?? I am really worried... :(

I had the same interviewed date & it took 3 weeks for them to accept me. So hang in there! People who aren't waitlisted are put on a "reserved list" which means they're still debating & you can get in at anytime, it's up to the committee.

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same interviewed date & it took 3 weeks for them to accept me. So hang in there! People who aren't waitlisted are put on a "reserved list" which means they're still debating & you can get in at anytime, it's up to the committee.

yes I agree with that! If they notify you right after the interview they put you on the waitlist. If they don't tell you anything it probably means they are reviewing your file. I interviewed on 4/7 and was finally accepted on 5/1x. Don't be disappointed..you may get a call from Lauren in a few days.

... Congrats on your acceptance... Thanks for the advice and information.. I am hoping to hear good news...

Members don't see this ad :)
yes I agree with that! If they notify you right after the interview they put you on the waitlist. If they don't tell you anything it probably means they are reviewing your file. I interviewed on 4/7 and was finally accepted on 5/1x. Don't be disappointed..you may get a call from Lauren in a few days.
... Thanks Yori.. I am trying to stay positive... I love LECOM-B.. Congrats on your acceptance.. :)

Why did I go out of state? Tuition.
Why LECOM? Lots of reasons, but mainly tuition. My CA choices were all in the 40K/yr range. I didn't get into UCSD, and I was too wimpy to apply to UCSF.

The intern salaries for my classmates working in retail range from $11/hr - $18/hr. But, I'd say that the majority are on the lower end. I work for CVS and I'm in the middle. It doesn't seem like there is much of a difference in pay between Walgreens and CVS. I recommend getting in touch with the intern coordinator for this district for CVS or Walgreens (if they have one) to get a better grasp on salary ranges.

CVS:
Jamie Magnano
[email protected]
(727)539-9170

Walgreens:
No idea, sorry.

:thumbup:

Thanks. I'm going to e-mail her. My intern coordinator up here said she was sending her my info. But it's been about a week now and I haven't heard a thing. Trying to push for a raise before I come down, i'm not at the $11 end, but not at the $18 dollar end. I'd really like to be around $15 or $16. But we'll see where I get with that. Otherwise, I need to come down and start working right away. Not sure how that will work, school doesn't seem to want to stamp me for my intern license yet. I'm not registering with the state and paying for a tech license for 2 months (Don't need that in NY, just need CPhT.) I guess we'll see.

I will be dropping my spot at Bradenton, best of luck to those still hoping to get in.

I will be dropping my spot at Bradenton, best of luck to those still hoping to get in.

Best of luck with u too. I really appreciate these kind of updates. It gives everyone hope and I wish all of us who are still waiting will get to hear some good news soon.

I will be dropping my spot too I got into my first choice UF
Best of luck with u too. I really appreciate these kind of updates. It gives everyone hope and I wish all of us who are still waiting will get to hear some good news soon.

I'm currently on the alternate list (since November), but will be notifying them to take me off. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed on 4/21 and still have not heard back. I am wondering what is taking so long. I called Lauren last week and she said it wasn't a bad thing that I haven't heard yet. I am just getting frustrated from waiting. Is there anyone else that interviewed that day and has heard back or is still waiting too?

Oops, I forgot to update; but I, as well, was accepted to one of my higher ranked schools. I declined my seat at LECOM-B about a month ago. Good luck to all those on the waiting list! :xf::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops, I forgot to update; but I, as well, was accepted to one of my higher ranked schools. I declined my seat at LECOM-B about a month ago. Good luck to all those on the waiting list! :xf::thumbup:

Thanks for the update, and congrats on your acceptance!

Does anyone have details about the alternate list? Like when it'll be ranked, about how many people are on it and etc? Thanks!

I talked to Lauren about a week ago and she said that the alternate list will be ranked around the 2nd week in June!

Has anyone heard how we will be informed of our waitlist position? I interviewed on the last interview date, and I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I'm waitlisted. I'm waitlisted at two other schools and they haven't given any indication of my position, which is frustrating because I'd like to know my chances.

Has anyone heard how we will be informed of our waitlist position? I interviewed on the last interview date, and I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm assuming I'm waitlisted. I'm waitlisted at two other schools and they haven't given any indication of my position, which is frustrating because I'd like to know my chances.

Yeah, I'm wait-listed here and another school. Getting really sad. I am just praying that I get into LECOM! I was wait-listed back in March.

I recieved a call from Lauren earlier today, and I was accepted. :) Don't lose hope if you are still waiting!!

when somebody calls can you ask lauren how many people were in the top 10%....i don't want to bug her again...thanks!

when somebody calls can you ask lauren how many people were in the top 10%....i don't want to bug her again...thanks!
.. Hi everyone I called Lauren this morning after the email asking the following questions

How many people are on the alternate list?
Her answer: do not know depends on the committee choice

How are they ranking us and what are they looking for?
Her answer: do not know she just follow what the committee tells her .. A list of students she needs to contact

Will they contact us weekly or monthly to inform us about our status ?
Her answer: depends on the committee

Do they honestly call people on the first day of classes about their acceptance?
Her answer : yes in the past it has happened often

That is all the information I have..

If someone has much more please post thanks...

Finally got a call today from Lauren telling me I was accepted. Though LECOM was my second choice (still waitlisted at my top choice), it's a huge relief to get in. However, I totally forgot to ask Lauren about instructions for mailing in my deposit. I haven't received the actual acceptance letter yet, and I wanna get my deposit in before the deadline, which she said was June 22nd for me. Do I just need to mail in a $500 check to the Bradenton campus? I spose I'll give her a call tomorrow.

Also, what has everyone been doing as far as housing is concerned? How is everyone finding roommates?

I've asked. She said she doesn't know. I was really hoping the entire list would be ranked so I had a solid number to rely on. :xf:

Tbh, I think she's unable to do so because as people finish their courses, update their resumes, the ranking will change. Ex: increase in GPA, published works, volunteer, etc. Therefore, she can't really provide you a solid list.

That's definitely true. It sucks that I won't be done with all of my pre-reqs til mid-July, but I should have a publication coming out soon, so hopefully that helps! I'm just really hoping I hear some good news from LECOM soon!!

So, i am curious as to why many of you have chosen to attend LECOM? To me it seems like many students are from the west coast!

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited!

Roomates?

Congratulations!!! Wish I was you right now lol. Did you get a top ten email or phone call before gaining your acceptance? It's so close to August, but I'm trying really hard not to lose hope :confused:

Congratulations!!! Wish I was you right now lol. Did you get a top ten email or phone call before gaining your acceptance? It's so close to August, but I'm trying really hard not to lose hope :confused:

mine was out of the blue...no waitlist! def don't give up hope!!!!

mine was out of the blue...no waitlist! def don't give up hope!!!!

I will try not to! I wonder if they ranked the whole list yet...they seem to be doing it different from past years.

As for the deposit. I don't think you can pay online, just by check.

Ahhh! Is anyone looking for a roommate at this point? I really am not wanting to get a one bedroom alone! Let me know!

Ahhh! Is anyone looking for a roommate at this point? I really am not wanting to get a one bedroom alone! Let me know!

If I ever get in, I'll be your roommate! lol I know on the facebook group, there's people on there looking for roommates :)

just got an offer last week and w/d it. one more spot available! =)

Yeaaaahhhh!!! I got in!!!

For those on the wait list, stay positive. I interviewed in May and was put on the wait list.

Anybody looking for a roommate? PM and we can chat or if you know someone who is also looking for a place. Thanks

Hey guys I applied to this school and my pharmcas is already submitted. Does anyone know when the supplemental will be available, and how that whole process goes as far receiving the app or having to go look for the app?

Hello everyone, after so many up and down i finally decided to give up my spot. I have made a good choice which allows me and my wife to attend the same Pharmacy School... i have waited so long if LECOM takes her off from the waiting list... anyways hopefully someone will be called by next week to fill my spot and good luck for all of you studying at LECOM Pharmacy School..

Hi!! I am from California and is currently a P1 at Lecom bradenton. Does anyone know if we need to get a new driver license and license plate for Florida? I heard we can only become resident of one state. I am thinking about going back to CA after graduation so I am not sure if I should do that.

So i just got an interview invitation to LECOM. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten an invitation for Nov 3.

Hey guys- If you have any questions for LECOM admissions I suggest registering for and participating in the virtual fair that's going on today. You can join a chat room and ask questions to current LECOM faculty, students, and admissions staff. It was really helpful!

Here is the link:

http://aacp.careereco.net/