LECOM Bradenton Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetcandies800

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm just curious has anyone heard from Lecom Bradenton yet? I submitted my application about a month ago. They e-mailed me about 10 days ago saying they were reviewing my application, but I haven't heard back since then.

I know they start their interviews in November, but I'm just getting a little impatient. I'm actually nervous that I won't be getting one. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat as you! I applied as soon as the application was available and heard back a few weeks ago saying that they had received and were processing my application. I am getting extremely anxious as well! Hopefully we will hear from them sometime soon and it will be for an interview. Good luck!

I believe the standard is about 4 weeks notice before an interview. I'm not sure when in November LECOM-B starts interviewing but if you guys are already done with applications you should get something within a few weeks. Late September to early October would be my earliest ETA if I were you guys.

This is all assuming that LECOM-B just goes straight to interview invitations after the application processed notification. I don't know if that is the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat as you! I applied as soon as the application was available and heard back a few weeks ago saying that they had received and were processing my application. I am getting extremely anxious as well! Hopefully we will hear from them sometime soon and it will be for an interview. Good luck!

Do you mean supplemental application when you refer to "application"? This is emailed to you after you submit PharmCAS, correct?

Do you mean supplemental application when you refer to "application"? This is emailed to you after you submit PharmCAS, correct?

Oh, I'm sorry. I mean, when the new application cycle began on Pharmcas. I think that was in July. Then, once LECOM received my Pharmcas application, they sent me the link to their supplemental application.

hey guys!!!!! i'm a P1 and i know how nerve wrecking the application process could be since i was in the same boat a year ago......you most likely won't hear from adcom till end of Sept or soemtime in October. No need to worry :D.....i love it here so far and the staff is FABULOUS at communication.....i'll b glad to assist in any questions...eventho i'll b studyin for my 1st exams so there mite b a slight delay :scared:

hey guys!!!!! i'm a P1 and i know how nerve wrecking the application process could be since i was in the same boat a year ago......you most likely won't hear from adcom till end of Sept or soemtime in October. No need to worry :D.....i love it here so far and the staff is FABULOUS at communication.....i'll b glad to assist in any questions...eventho i'll b studyin for my 1st exams so there mite b a slight delay :scared:
Thanks for the input. I have two questions:
1) What was your GPA and PCAT score?
2) Do you know when the first LECOM-B interviews were last year or what they will be this year?

Thanks for the input. I have two questions:
1) What was your GPA and PCAT score?
2) Do you know when the first LECOM-B interviews were last year or what they will be this year?

well mine was 3.03 and PCAT comp was 70 but I had LOR from pharmacists, research experience and extracurricular activities to add..........LECOM looks at the whole picture. If you have other factors that can balanace not so good of a GPA or PCAT scores i.e. LOR, essay and extracurricular activities, then you will have a good chance of landing an interview. LECOM starts interviewing October and they end mid-May-ish.......hope that helps :D

well mine was 3.03 and PCAT comp was 70 but I had LOR from pharmacists, research experience and extracurricular activities to add..........LECOM looks at the whole picture. If you have other factors that can balanace not so good of a GPA or PCAT scores i.e. LOR, essay and extracurricular activities, then you will have a good chance of landing an interview. LECOM starts interviewing October and they end mid-May-ish.......hope that helps :D

thanks for posting this! its encouraging to know that there are still schools out there that look at the WHOLE profile of an applicant and not simply their GPA and PCAT score. good luck with everything!

I also have a few questions....

1. Do you have a bachelor's degree or did you only complete the prereqs?
2. Where do most students live around there?

Thanks!

I also have a few questions....

1. Do you have a bachelor's degree or did you only complete the prereqs?
2. Where do most students live around there?

Thanks!

Not a problem!!! I love to encourage those pursuing careers in Pharmacy :D...Yes I have a B.S. in Biobehavioral Science (it's Biology with a health science twist :oops:). Most students live in Springs apartments, Yacht Club, and Colonial Grand in Lakewood Ranch. There are also a few students that live on Cortez Rd, and even ppl that travel as far as Tampa, Clearwater and such.

Are there any students that do not have bachelor's degrees, or has that become something of the norm now? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions!

Last edited:
Are there any students that do not have bachelor's degrees, or has that become something of the norm now? Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions!

ooo not a prrrooobblleeemm!!! I was as enthusiastic as u are...so i kno how it feels :D......yea there r students without them but im not sure of the %. Some just did the pre-reqs and were pharm techs, some that hav degrees in non-science fields (eg business, english, etc) and even a few that are in their 40's and one guy in his 50s. so there is a broad spectrum of personal profiles in the student population. I would say it is prefered because that experience in undergad does prepare for the workload (though heftier) and how to manage your time. But if you are dedicated, self-motivated and focused, i don't see a reason y you can't succeed in Pharm school, even without the BS or BA. Hope this answers ur questions.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well that is encouraging to hear!

I am at a rather awkward point in my academic career because I completed my AA and am now in the process of getting a BS in bio. I am halfway through with it, but decided to apply because I have completed the prereqs and taken the PCAT (56%...another reason why I am freaking out:scared:). What bothers me the most, is that if I were to be accepted for fall 2010, I would actually be a semester short of completing my degree and I feel like this would completely ruin my chances of getting an interview. But, I guess I just need to wait and see what happens!....Sorry for just telling you my whole life story lol.

Thank you again, for all of your input. It has been sooooo helpful!

Well that is encouraging to hear!

I am at a rather awkward point in my academic career because I completed my AA and am now in the process of getting a BS in bio. I am halfway through with it, but decided to apply because I have completed the prereqs and taken the PCAT (56%...another reason why I am freaking out:scared:). What bothers me the most, is that if I were to be accepted for fall 2010, I would actually be a semester short of completing my degree and I feel like this would completely ruin my chances of getting an interview. But, I guess I just need to wait and see what happens!....Sorry for just telling you my whole life story lol.

Thank you again, for all of your input. It has been sooooo helpful!

o ppplleeasseee life stories give you character! :cool:.............i was afraid myself but hey you never know.mite as well give it a shot and see...did you submit your PharmCas yet?

lol! yes, i submitted pharmcas around the same time that it initially became available and already did my supp. application. lecom's applicant website states that they are in the process of reviewing my application. so, hopefully i will recieve some sort of response soon. even if it isn't for an interview, i just hope that it comes soon because i can't take the suspense!!!

hopefully it will be for an interview though, because i REALLY want to go to lecom!! i went to their open house last year because i wanted to see what the campus was like and i thought that it was awesome, soooo i'm hoping that it will all work out :xf: i can't really picture myself having any other career. which brings me to another question....when u were considering pharmacy, were there any other career options that u had in mind? i'm trying to think of back-ups and the only one that i would remotely consider doing is PA....but i'm still iffy.

After you submitted PharmCAS, how long did it take you to receive your supplemental application from LECOM-B?

not long at all. i think it was about two weeks.

I'm still waiting...I'm getting VERY anxious! I don't even know if they have started looking at my application because it still says that the adcom is reviewing it.

Has anyone else heard anything back? If/when you do, can you please post on here so I know when they start sending e-mails? Thanks! :)

I'm still waiting...I'm getting VERY anxious! I don't even know if they have started looking at my application because it still says that the adcom is reviewing it.

Has anyone else heard anything back? If/when you do, can you please post on here so I know when they start sending e-mails? Thanks! :)

I know interviews are in November so the phone should start ringing....

I don't think that they will be reaching people for an interview by phone. It says on their website that they will be sending all invites to students "in writing". I keep checking LECOM's student website hoping that my status will change from "being reviewed", but it hasn't yet:( the suspense is driving me crazy!!!

I know! It's driving me crazy too!!! I just want to hear back from them soon! Since they are starting interviews in November, I'm thinking next week we should hear back.. at least I hope so!:xf:

But..I just want to hear good news!

Hi everyone,

I'm also in my first year at LECOM-B, and thought I'd share my experiences.

First off, to hopefully make you feel better, I was a sub-3.0 gpa acceptance. However, I made sure I did alot to make up for my poor grades. I worked as a certified pharm-tech for 2 years, I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy a couple of summers, and I did a great job on the pcat (93% comp). Along with this, in my last year, I took several upper level bio and chem courses, including a pharmacology course designed for grads. Difficult courses carry more weight in admissions and have an added bonus of better preparing you for profession school. I made an effort to show upward progress, and I made sure to make a great impression on one of my science professors to earn his LoR (also had LoRs from two pharmacy managers who I had worked extensively with).

Basically, my last two years was a huge deal of work to make up for my past, but it was worth it because.. well.. here I am. Now, my undergrad GPA means nothing. Once you're in, your present GPA is all that matters.

As was stated before, this school is excellent at surveying the whole applicant. Our class is incredibly diverse, huge backgrounds, and it makes for a great dynamic. This is the driving reason that I believe got me in. I may have been poor in academics, but my application of pharmacy and my determination to do whatever it takes was also taken into account.

In short, bad grades won't kill you, but be prepared to excel in the other areas relevant to being a good pharmacist. When you get to the interview, be sure to be confident in yourself. Don't make excuses for flaws. Instead, state what you've done to overcome these hurdles, and be sure to lay out your strengths that will let you succeed in pharmacy school.

Also, LECOM has rolling admissions and last year they were accepting people all the way up to the end. I was interviewed in March from an application in November and accepted a month later.

Any questions, I'll try to answer from the <3.0 side :)

Good luck all, can't wait to meet you.

:D
Today I received a call from LECOM inviting me for an interview for NOV. 5th!!

I also got the Nov. 5th interview invite from LECOM-B. :p

I received the phone call yesterday as well! :D

I'm getting nervous! On pharmcas, it says that they interview around 400 people and only accept about 110. Do you think they do this because alot of people end up giving up their seats at the last minute to go to another school that was their top choice?

I was wondering the exact same thing. It makes me nervous to think that only 1 out of every 4 people get in...maybe the Lecom-B students could shed some light on this for us.

For those who received interviews, don't even focus on those stats......your MAIN focus should be preparing for the interview and putting your best foot forward to impress your interviewee....

meeting with the interviewer is going to be the scariest part.

Last edited:
Toluene....can you give us any resources to refer to when preparing for the types of questions we may be asked? for example, are the pharmacy links that LECOM provides a good place to review current issues in pharmacy practice that we may be asked about?

any suggestions would be appreciated!

did they call you or mail a letter notifying you of the interview?

also, when did you submit your application?

They called me for my interview and I submitted PharmCAS the first of September and it was mailed out towards the end of September.

Good luck everyone ! :)

lovelypharm,

so it's not a good thing if i submitted in August?? i still have 1 pre-req pending (the psychology/sociology one) which i won't complete until next semester unless i take it online. i take my PCAT this saturday..... :(

lovelypharm,

so it's not a good thing if i submitted in August?? i still have 1 pre-req pending (the psychology/sociology one) which i won't complete until next semester unless i take it online. i take my PCAT this saturday..... :(

So have you not taken the pcat at all yet? If so, then that could be a reason. I don't have all my pre-reqs done yet either btw. I would just call and ask the status of your application and check that LECOM received everything from you :)

Good luck with the PCAT this saturday! :)

Last edited:
Toluene, does the interview consist of the actual one-on-one, essay, and discussion about an article? Is this part really difficult because I have been really worried that I won't have anything unique to say.

Any advice? Thanks for anything you can tell us! :)

Sorry it took so long!!! it has been a very strenuous week.........

When I interviewed, it was one-on-one. Sum are open file and others may b closed file interview. To prepare, I looked over LECOM's curriculum, what orgs they have, what they'r about and current issues in pharmacy. The interview forum here was very helpful too. It also helps to remember what you wrote in ur essay because they may ask u about things you mentioned in ur essay as well as weak points in ur app. Hope this helps everyone!!!!:D

thank you sooo much for answering our questions!!!! that was really helpful!

My interview was one-on-one along with a group discussion.

To prepare for the interview, I read up on other's interview experiences here on sd.net. I also rehearsed the most common questions and knew exactly what I wanted to say. Why pharmacy? What skills do you have that would help you in pharmacy? Strengths/weaknesses, etc.

For the group discussion, there's no real prep you can do, as it's a random topic. Just be ready to take part in a discussion, this includes speaking intelligently as well as being an active listener. The faculty at LECOM are very helpful and they try their best to make sure you aren't nervous or flustered and there were no 'trick' questions for me.

Remember, be honest and open and be ready to justify any poor performance without making excuses. They wouldn't invite you for an interview if they didn't think you were LECOM material, so you've done the hard part already :)

Good luck!

they called and offered me an interview and i just accepted it for nov 19th afternoon session!

can't wait!!!!!

Last edited:
I submitted pharmcas - now just waiting for pharmcas to mail it and then for the supplemental.

does the supplemental have essays?

I submitted pharmcas - now just waiting for pharmcas to mail it and then for the supplemental.

does the supplemental have essays?

Just "why do you want to go to the school" and "describe characteristics you have that would make you a good professional pharmacist".

wow..you are soo lucky...waiting for the interview invitation IS nerve wrecking..LOL I have a question: Do you have to complete ur ALL pre-requirement classes before they send you an invitation for an interview?/? I am very nerves I still have to complete my Orgo IIclass, Physics(3cr) and Calc(3cr) classes. I have excellent recommendations, work exps and essay so on. My PCAT sucked and my GPA is 3.2...Whats your guess?/?/??/?? hope you did well on your exams!!!:)

Hey everyone!
I'm just curious has anyone heard from Lecom Bradenton yet? I submitted my application about a month ago. They e-mailed me about 10 days ago saying they were reviewing my application, but I haven't heard back since then.

I know they start their interviews in November, but I'm just getting a little impatient. I'm actually nervous that I won't be getting one. :(

hey I did the same thing. LOL any interview invitation yet?/????? getting a bit nerves!!!!!:idea: