LECOM Bradenton Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How does the process with LOR's work at LECOM? They told me they are not required unless you are invited to interview; so I'm guessing that means don't send them until that happens? I want them to have my LOR's when they make that decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Separately... this is difficult to write about, though that probably doesn't come across in words on a forum post. We lost a classmate yesterday to a bizarre, tragic accident. RIP Jake.

Sad to hear this.

So I started freaking out when I didn't get Bradenton's secondary when the first reports were coming out yesterday. I waited all day after a friend told me he received his in the morning and I thought it was unusual and odd that I hadn't received one (thinking I got screened out). So I called them today and they said they hadn't received my MCAT score with my AACOMAS application, so they took my MCAT score and I quickly received a secondary. Thanks app. office! Who knows how long this would have taken if I hadn't contacted them so if anyone else is in the same boat I advise you do the same.
:wtf:

Thank you AACOMAS application service for the anxiety you put me through last night and for not sending out an MCAT score taken in January (that was correctly sent to you might I add). I anxiously await anymore wonderful surprises that are in store for this application cycle.

So I started freaking out when I didn't get Bradenton's secondary when the first reports were coming out yesterday. I waited all day after a friend told me he received his in the morning and I thought it was unusual and odd that I hadn't received one (thinking I got screened out). So I called them today and they said they hadn't received my MCAT score with my AACOMAS application, so they took my MCAT score and I quickly received a secondary. Thanks app. office! Who knows how long this would have taken if I hadn't contacted them so if anyone else is in the same boat I advise you do the same.
:wtf:

Thank you AACOMAS application service for the anxiety you put me through last night and for not sending out an MCAT score taken in January (that was correctly sent to you might I add). I anxiously await anymore wonderful surprises that are in store for this application cycle.

uh oh... I might fall into this category too. I guess I'll be calling the LECOM admissions office tomorrow! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
How does the process with LOR's work at LECOM? They told me they are not required unless you are invited to interview; so I'm guessing that means don't send them until that happens? I want them to have my LOR's when they make that decision.

I don't think they take them into consideration at first because of how many apps they get. I'm sure if you sent them anyway they'd keep them on file, but they probably won't be used to help determine if you'll get an interview. I'd just have them on file either with interfolio or your university so that when you're invited for interview you can have them sent right away. I believe they do wait to make a decision until they received them so you'd just be on hold until then. (I've heard if you interview w/o letters and they then contact you about sending them it's a good sign :thumbup:)

I don't think they take them into consideration at first because of how many apps they get. I'm sure if you sent them anyway they'd keep them on file, but they probably won't be used to help determine if you'll get an interview. I'd just have them on file either with interfolio or your university so that when you're invited for interview you can have them sent right away. I believe they do wait to make a decision until they received them so you'd just be on hold until then. (I've heard if you interview w/o letters and they then contact you about sending them it's a good sign :thumbup:)

Cool man, I will hang on to them. Really hoping for an interview invite here :xf:

Congrats on your acceptance by the way!

Cool man, I will hang on to them. Really hoping for an interview invite here :xf:

Congrats on your acceptance by the way!

Thanks! Good luck this cycle if you don't get off a waitlist in the next few weeks. It'd be good to see you in Bradenton next fall :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey,

Does anyone know when lecom sends sends out secondaries? Is it every week on a specific day? I was verified on 6/23 and my primary was released on the 6/30. I'm just curious on when to expect it.

Thanks and good luck to all my fellow pre-meds.

Any interview invites yet? Hopefully we'll be hearing soon!

Thanks! Good luck this cycle if you don't get off a waitlist in the next few weeks. It'd be good to see you in Bradenton next fall :thumbup:

I appreciate it. Still holding out for AZCOM. It would be good to see you at LECOM. I hope I get a chance here :xf:

Did anyone receive this e-mail before receiving a secondary?

Dear vandyam,

Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Did anyone receive this e-mail before receiving a secondary?

Dear vandyam,

Thank you for applying to the LECOM Erie College of Medicine. The Office of Admissions received your AACOMAS application. It is currently under review and we will contact you regarding the status of your application.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

I didn't get that one. I just got a link to the secondary application.

I didn't get that one. I just got a link to the secondary application.

Seriously? This is no good...I don't understand what is going on. I spoke with Dr. Berezniak and he said they wouldn't make any decision on my application until after my MCAT score (re-take) was released, but I didn't think that meant I wouldn't receive a secondary...I mean, they send them out to everyone ($$). This is my #1 choice so I'm a little nervous now. I got the e-mail this morning. Nova already sent me their secondary...

Seriously? This is no good...I don't understand what is going on. I spoke with Dr. Berezniak and he said they wouldn't make any decision on my application until after my MCAT score (re-take) was released, but I didn't think that meant I wouldn't receive a secondary...I mean, they send them out to everyone ($$). This is my #1 choice so I'm a little nervous now. I got the e-mail this morning. Nova already sent me their secondary...

Got the same email too...I think it should be fine though

Members don't see this ad :)

They're my #1 choice too. I thought they sent secondaries to everyone. Good luck on the MCAT! And if you don't get a secondary here there are a ton of other schools out there.

Waiting on a secondary invite for Bradenton and Erie here...

We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made.

Last edited:
I've been calling the admissions office routinely and they STILL "haven't received MCAT scores" - but they just tell me to keep calling, like, every day. anyone else still in the same boat?

Got the "reviewing" email and received secondary ~week later...

I've been calling the admissions office routinely and they STILL "haven't received MCAT scores" - but they just tell me to keep calling, like, every day. anyone else still in the same boat?

Last week (Tuesday) when I called they said they had not received them yet. Today when I called they said they had received my scores and my file was complete and currently awaiting review. So hopefully your scores are also received now and best of luck!

Last week (Tuesday) when I called they said they had not received them yet. Today when I called they said they had received my scores and my file was complete and currently awaiting review. So hopefully your scores are also received now and best of luck!

Yup, I received and submitted the secondary yesterday, after calling yet again. They probably got sick of hearing my voice hahah.

I just submitted my secondary...do you guys know what the deal is with rec. letters? Do we have them sent somewhere or wait for further instructions?

Thanks

I just submitted my secondary...do you guys know what the deal is with rec. letters? Do we have them sent somewhere or wait for further instructions?

Thanks

Yeah. In the supplemental app it says that they will not look at letters unless invited to interview. So if you have them in Interfolio or virtual eval, etc. I think you are good to go, at this point.

I guess my AACOMAS application was released today because I got the LECOM-B secondary. Sweet!

Edit: Submitted. Wow, that was a much appreciated simple secondary.

Last edited:
I guess my AACOMAS application was released today because I got the LECOM-B secondary. Sweet!

Edit: Submitted. Wow, that was a much appreciated simple secondary.

Yeah, I just finished it too. It's a good way to start the secondary process.

Got the reviewing your app and waiting for secondary for Bradenton.

I just checked the portal and it says "Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance". I never received any other emails from them. Anybody else get this? I hope its for real!

I just checked the portal and it says "Congratulations, you have been scheduled for an interview at LECOM Bradenton. You will receive an email 10 days prior to your scheduled interview to reconfirm your attendance". I never received any other emails from them. Anybody else get this? I hope its for real!

Call them up. They are easy to get and accommodating on the phone. I interviewed there a couple of years ago, and not only are they are good on the phone, they have an amazingly creepy collection of clown art on the top floor. Oil paintings, watercolors and more...... no joke. creepy. Make sure to check it out on your interview...

Same here. Getting excited but trying not to assume anything. :xf:.

Was wondering what your stats are.. and if you're in state or out of state. I turned my secondary in a while ago (almost a month ago actually) and haven't seen any changes on my app status ):

I got the interview status also!!

For those who got interviews, are you guys all in state residents?

I'm from Oregon. Just got the email confirming the status change in the portal. interviewing 8/26 :D

I'm OOS, and scheduled for 8-19. Wondering what the timeline for the deposit is exactly. I'm worried since this interview is so early, I won't know from other schools yet. The lady on the phone said usually 4-6 weeks.

Just got an email saying that my Bradenton interview will end at 2:30pm now, but I never actually received an email saying I had an interview. Called the office and I guess they forgot to email me that part! haha. Cleared everything up, interviewing 8/26!

Congrats on all the interviews! I was wondering what some of you guys stats were?

...they have an amazingly creepy collection of clown art on the top floor. Oil paintings, watercolors and more...... no joke. creepy. Make sure to check it out on your interview...

:laugh: can't wait to see for myself! that's kind of hilarious

Interviewing 8/19! Illinois resident.

I'm OOS, and scheduled for 8-19. Wondering what the timeline for the deposit is exactly. I'm worried since this interview is so early, I won't know from other schools yet. The lady on the phone said usually 4-6 weeks.

Just checked the 2012 AACOM info book, LECOM doesn't obey the aacom guidelines, you only have 30 days to accept an invitation to matriculate.

ok now i am getting worried and depressed. I submitted my secondary 6/29 and still it says that my secondary has been sent to the committee for further rreview...i guess maybe my mcat score is posing a problem. those of you who got interview invites, mind sharing ur stats (science, overall gpa, and mcat with breakdown) I am getting orried even though i know its early :(

ok now i am getting worried and depressed. I submitted my secondary 6/29 and still it says that my secondary has been sent to the committee for further rreview...i guess maybe my mcat score is posing a problem. those of you who got interview invites, mind sharing ur stats (science, overall gpa, and mcat with breakdown) I am getting orried even though i know its early :(

I'm with ya. I submitted pretty early too and I have the same status as you. We are still early in the process, so don't be depressed!!

Btw, for those who got interview invites. Did you guys get an email for it? Or did the status just change?

I'm with ya. I submitted pretty early too and I have the same status as you. We are still early in the process, so don't be depressed!!

Btw, for those who got interview invites. Did you guys get an email for it? Or did the status just change?

I find out about it because my status changed in the portal, but i got the email the next day

Ah ok thanks for the information. Man. Where's my interview invite?!

interviewing 8/29. is everyone planning on renting a car out of the tampa airport?

interviewing 8/29. is everyone planning on renting a car out of the tampa airport?

I was wondering the same thing. Are there shuttles from the airport or anything like that?

I interviewed at SOMA and AZCOM and in Phoenix there were shuttles from the airport to the hotels/schools.

Interviewing 8/12... Florida resident... 3.4 sGPA undergrad... 3.8 sGPA MS-thesis... 28P (9/9/10)

Good luck to everyone.. does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out if your accepted after the interview? 30 days to accept matriculation worries me a little..

Same here! I'm really bummed about this.
I'm from CA, SciGPA 3.65, MCAT 30. Where's my invite?!?! ):