LECOM Bradenton MMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed_P

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for the 2021 mms cycle. Anyone applying/got accepted to Lecom-B mms? I'm planning on attending next July.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying. Waiting for the application portal to open up. :)

I sent in my application to Brandenton campus 2 days ago. Feeling really anxious. My stats are on the low end. I have read previous thread where people with higher stats that me have been rejected and lower stats than me has been accepted and rejected

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh shoot, I thought it opens up in January. I have low stats too, but anything is possible. :) Whats your stats looking like? Have you heard anything about how rigorous this program is?

Oh shoot, I thought it opens up in January. I have low stats too, but anything is possible. :) Whats your stats looking like? Have you heard anything about how rigorous this program is?
based on my luck, I don't think that optimism applied to me life lol
I have 3.03 gpa (2.937 undergrad + 3.872 postbacc work). My MCAT is 494, and I'll be retaking it in March. I have been working as an ER scribe for 1.5 years. I also have good research and volunteer experience.
What are your stats?

Reactions: 1 users
I have 3.03 gpa (2.937 undergrad + 3.872 postbacc work). My MCAT is 494, and I'll be retaking it in March. I have been working as an ER scribe for 1.5 years. I also have good research and volunteer experience.
What are your stats?

If you can hit a 504+ on your MCAT retake you might have a real good shot at getting accepted to the DO program.

What are your stats?
My cumulative is sitting at 3.43 right now. Hoping to get it to 3.5 when I graduate(I have fall and spring semester left). I was stupid and took the MCAT just cuz and with no review. I scored really low but are retaking in March as well. I decided on a masters program to fix my study habits before med school and to better my science foundation.
I have around 600 volunteer hours on the IM floor and about 800 shadowing in the ER.
On the bright side, your MCAT was better than mine, and I am having to do some serious content review. Good work on the postbacc.
Let me know when you hear back. Did you apply anywhere else?

Do you think I have a shot at the masters program tho?

I am not entirely sure. I was recently accepted to Bradenton's DO program for 2021 and thought you were interested in doing that. I can provide some guidance for the DO program if that is your end goal but I know nothing about the master's program unfortunately. Wouldn't the masters program require a GRE though?

My cumulative is sitting at 3.43 right now. Hoping to get it to 3.5 when I graduate(I have fall and spring semester left). I was stupid and took the MCAT just cuz and with no review. I scored really low but are retaking in March as well. I decided on a masters program to fix my study habits before med school and to better my science foundation.
I have around 600 volunteer hours on the IM floor and about 800 shadowing in the ER.
On the bright side, your MCAT was better than mine, and I am having to do some serious content review. Good work on the postbacc.
Let me know when you hear back. Did you apply anywhere else?
yeah, i have applied to Midwestern's MA program and PCOM's MSBS program. How about you?
I feel like you have a good GPA. All you have to do now is do well on the MCAT and you might be good for DO programs.

yeah, i have applied to Midwestern's MA program and PCOM's MSBS program. How about you?
I feel like you have a good GPA. All you have to do now is do well on the MCAT and you might be good for DO programs.
I am from TX, so trying to keep my TX residency. I will apply to all the master programs in TX and then Nova in FL as well.

I am not entirely sure. I was recently accepted to Bradenton's DO program for 2021 and thought you were interested in doing that. I can provide some guidance for the DO program if that is your end goal but I know nothing about the master's program unfortunately. Wouldn't the masters program require a GRE though?
I messaged you!

What are your stats?

I have a similar ugpa and postbac and got in. My mcat was higher but I dont think it matters much. You can still get accepted with the contingency that you retake your mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just applied to the DO program too and filled out a secondary a couple days ago. Do you mind sharing your stats?

I have a similar ugpa and postbac and got in. My mcat was higher but I dont think it matters much. You can still get accepted with the contingency that you retake your mcat.
for the record, when I say post-bacc work I mean DYI post bacc

Hello everyone, current MMS student here. I will be more than happy to answer any questions about the program.

Hello everyone, current MMS student here. I will be more than happy to answer any questions about the program.
Hi! Thank you for offering input. I have heard that the program might be entirely online next year. How was the transition from in person to online? Did you still have access to the professors and were able to build/maintain relationships with them? How about the linkage? Do you think the program being online is going to affect it?

Hi! Thank you for offering input. I have heard that the program might be entirely online next year. How was the transition from in person to online? Did you still have access to the professors and were able to build/maintain relationships with them? How about the linkage? Do you think the program being online is going to affect it?

The program is 100% online for us right now. We have our lessons over zoom and our exams fully proctored over Examplify. During orientation we were told that the program going online would not affect the linkage and that any student with a 3.0 at the end of the fall semester would receive the guaranteed interview. Building and maintaining relationships with the professors is not at all difficult. Perhaps different than it would have been in person, but every single professor has been very accesible and approachable. It is very common for professors to hold optional review sessions prior to an exam.

Reactions: 2 users
The program is 100% online for us right now. We have our lessons over zoom and our exams fully proctored over Examplify. During orientation we were told that the program going online would not affect the linkage and that any student with a 3.0 at the end of the fall semester would receive the guaranteed interview. Building and maintaining relationships with the professors is not at all difficult. Perhaps different than it would have been in person, but every single professor has been very accesible and approachable. It is very common for professors to hold optional review sessions prior to an exam.
I thought you needed a 3.3 for an interview

I thought you needed a 3.3 for an interview

3.0 for Bradenton campus

EDIT: Was just made aware that the new guaranteed interview for MMS is 3.2. It’s been 3.0 up until now.

Last edited:
And 497 mcat right?

40th percentile MCAT for the cycle I believe, so I think 2019 cycle was 497. I’m not sure what the 2020 cycle 40th percentile is.

Last edited:
Here is the Facebook group for the mms class of 2022:

Hi everyone, I recently was accepted to the LECOM Bradenton MMS program. I created the Facebook group for those who have either applied or have been accepted to connect and eventually study together. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

Accepted. Very excited. Still deciding between this and another program.
I have a question, could you give us an everyday overview and how the courses are so far?

Accepted. Very excited. Still deciding between this and another program.

I have a question, could you give us an everyday overview and how the courses are so far?
No problem!

If your summer classes are the same as ours, you will have Biochem 1, Cell Bio, and a 1 credit Med Term class. This is the semester you will want to make sure you get 3 A's, because you'll have the most amount of time and it does not get any easier from here. Cell bio and Biochem 1 were 2-hour lectures every day (1 class a day). Med term was a self-paced online course with weekly quizzes. All classes (with the exception of Med Term which is quiz based) are exam based and curved fairly. However, do not depend on a curve, as only the low performing questions are tossed. Exams are proctored and averages range around 80-83 after any curve.

During the fall you will have Biochem 2, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathophysiology (as PBL), and Histology. Pathophysiology will be your first experience with the PBL style of learning. My suggestion for doing well: find a small group of like-minded people in the program and study with them. This program is very, very hard and by no means a backdoor to medical/dental/pharm school. We are currently gearing up for our finals, which will be 4 exams in 1 week. Having 4 exams in a 2-week span is not uncommon either. I can not speak for the spring semester yet.

In our orientation, we were told that succeeding here correlates with great medical school performance at LECOM. I strongly believe this is true, and if I were tossed straight into medical school without this program, I do not believe I would excel. However, I can not stress the difficulty of this program enough. Study harder than you've ever studied before and you will succeed.

Last edited:
Sweet thanks for the awesome write up about the program. I really appreciate it.

so pretty much come with your A game? Cool
Also what exactly is PBL?

Sweet thanks for the awesome write up about the program. I really appreciate it.

so pretty much come with your A game? Cool
Also what exactly is PBL?
PBL is "Problem-Based Learning"

You are first paired up with a group of other students and a facilitator. During the PBL session, you are presented with patient cases. You work with your peers to try to solve problems within the case. LECOM stresses that the main objective is not to solve the case itself, but instead to master the relevant sciences within the case.

For example, a patient may present with malaise, nausea, headache, etc. You and your group will begin making some differential diagnoses (which will very likely be broad without more information about the patient). You are then given more information in the form of patient history, medical history, physical exams, lab exams, etc. You're expected to discuss with your peers after each piece of information. Your facilitator will be there to guide the entire session.

This is the difference between PBL and traditional learning. You are not given a lecture, instead, you are guided through a patient case where you bounce ideas off each other and the facilitator. How do you study for this style of class? After each session, you will have an idea of what you should be looking for in textbooks, and often your facilitators will guide you in the right direction. Get used to reading textbooks with this style of learning. At the end of each patient case, you will be given a list of chapters relevant to the case. These are the testable chapters.

There is a learning curve for sure, if you have any questions please feel free to DM me. PBL can be stressful but it is ACTIVE learning. Active learning will always be better than passive learning.

How was it going through the program completely virtual?

To my knowledge, I think the program is online next year as well. Going completely virtual has its pros and cons. You end up saving a lot of money since you’re not forced to live anywhere near campus. Less debt is always great. I think you just have to be disciplined with online classes. It’s easy to be distracted at home.

Please private message me if you’re interested in buying the books needed for this program! I am in the program now!

I sent in my application to Brandenton campus 2 days ago. Feeling really anxious. My stats are on the low end. I have read previous thread where people with higher stats that me have been rejected and lower stats than me has been accepted and rejected
Did you receive an admissions decision yet? If so, how long after you submitted did you hear?

To my knowledge, I think the program is online next year as well. Going completely virtual has its pros and cons. You end up saving a lot of money since you’re not forced to live anywhere near campus. Less debt is always great. I think you just have to be disciplined with online classes. It’s easy to be distracted at home.
Have you had to go to campus at all/showed documentation that you live at least in Florida? I'm wondering if I would even need to relocate if accepted and the program is online. Thanks!!

Have you had to go to campus at all/showed documentation that you live at least in Florida? I'm wondering if I would even need to relocate if accepted and the program is online. Thanks!!

I know people in an entirely different time zone doing this program. I don’t think they require proof of Florida residency, or at least they didn’t for me.

For those of you that go in did you have to interview?
Wait is there an interview process for the master's program?
If so, I don't think i made it. I didn't get anything from them regarding an interview. I just checked my application portal and it says that a decision has been made and I'll get the letter in 10 days

Wait is there an interview process for the master's program?
If so, I don't think i made it. I didn't get anything from them regarding an interview. I just checked my application portal and it says that a decision has been made and I'll get the letter in 10 days

For my class, only a few people had interviews. I’m guessing it’s the ones who applied early. I personally did not have an interview so don’t worry about it.

Hi everyone. I recently got accepted into the program. I don’t believe I saw anything in the matriculation packet (acceptance letter) that stated information about an interview, at least for me. However, there is a grocery-list of things to do before officially becoming a matriculant in the program.

Just got my acceptance! Is the $100 a binding fee or something?
in other words, if I pay the money it just holds my spot right? I can decide not to attend the program if I get in somewhere else closer to home?

Just got my acceptance! Is the $100 a binding fee or something?
in other words, if I pay the money it just holds my spot right? I can decide not to attend the program if I get in somewhere else closer to home?
Congratulations: can you share you stats

I just received a notification my application has been reviewed and "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Makes me concerned because in the past the past this notes you are not accepted, what has been the news on people who received this notice?

Last edited:
I just received a notification my application has been reviewed and "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Makes me concerned because in the past the past this notes you are not accepted, what has been the news on people who received this notice?
Everyone gets this notification. Doesn't mean anything. I had the same one and was accepted.

Is anyone planning to move to florida for the program?
Still waiting to hear about my admission status (should hopefully get my letter next week!), but yes, I plan on relocating to Florida for the program.

Still waiting to hear about my admission status (should hopefully get my letter next week!), but yes, I plan on relocating to Florida for the program.
Are apartments expesnive around the area?

Depends on the kind of apartment but if it's a 2 bed 2bath they were around 1600-1800 so it would be between 800-900 per person.
Oh okay. What if you want to live on your own? What are the options?

Oh okay. What if you want to live on your own? What are the options?
Living on your own, the cheapest ones are 950-1000, but on average you're looking at around 1100-1250

Lory. Eden point and Yatch club are the cheapest.

Ranch lakes, Creekside, Lost Creek, Echo and Blue Heron are a bit more expensive, some are very close to the school, others a 15min drive.

Living on your own, the cheapest ones are 950-1000, but on average you're looking at around 1100-1250

Lory. Eden point and Yatch club are the cheapest.

Ranch lakes, Creekside, Lost Creek, Echo and Blue Heron are a bit more expensive, some are very close to the school, others a 15min drive.
okay, thanks. And what is the tuition cost for the program? And for the LECOM Dental School?

okay, thanks. And what is the tuition cost for the program? And for the LECOM Dental School?
I was in the 2019-2020 class and tuition with fees was approximately 27k. Im in the med school so I don't know dental costs