LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy First Year Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golddagger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am accepted applicant for pharmacy school Bradenton campus. I wanted to ask you few things about living and how they dress for school. Also do I have to buy a computer from their bookstore or I can use mine if I have one. I have my own laptop and is in great condition and I want to use for fall 2017. is that possible.

Can I dress a medical scrub or slack pants and white shirt? I feel and most people told me they run the school like business office.

One more thing, i have trouble finding an apartment close to school. the list of apartments they gave us are ~15-20 mins by car and I don't have a car to drive. Any close apartments across the street from the school or is there public transportation that take me to school.

Please help me out with this. It is getting hectic and I life far away from Florida and don't know anyone there.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I am a graduate from this school so I may be able to help with a few questions. First off, always keep in mind that this is a school that will put its image before its students. I say this because they treat all rule violations quite seriously, so be on your best behavior. You will be wearing a shirt and tie every day and you are expected to keep this dress code at your rotation sites (exceptions only where it is strictly prohibited). Any cheap laptop will work as you will only truly need it for e-mails and powerpoints/tests. They ban all food and drink everywhere save for the cafeteria including water bottles.

When I went to school, I bought a house in St. Petersburg and commuted every day. This was made easier with a car pool I had set up with another student, but it is doable. I would advise actively trying to live closer to school, this will free up more time for studying (you will be studying a large amount). Public transportation cannot be relied upon, you will want your own car.

Just make sure to put studying as your first priority and do your best to make friends at school that do the same. I know how hard it is to move far away and not know anyone, but you can make it through.

Reactions: 1 users
Sounds like a prison... wearing a tie to class, and no food or drink (water) in the classroom? No thanks.

I thought a school was considered strict if they didn't allow drinking (alcohol, lol) on campus.... I guess times have changed.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No medical scrubs, tie only, and also you need an ID badge to enter the building at all times. Bradenton doesn't have a lot to do, so if you don't mind being in a small town, this is your school.

I know someone who currently attends there and says that the biggest thing is adapting and sticking to a study regimen. The first year shouldn't be taken lightly.

Hello, I am a graduate from this school so I may be able to help with a few questions. First off, always keep in mind that this is a school that will put its image before its students. I say this because they treat all rule violations quite seriously, so be on your best behavior. You will be wearing a shirt and tie every day and you are expected to keep this dress code at your rotation sites (exceptions only where it is strictly prohibited). Any cheap laptop will work as you will only truly need it for e-mails and powerpoints/tests. They ban all food and drink everywhere save for the cafeteria including water bottles.

When I went to school, I bought a house in St. Petersburg and commuted every day. This was made easier with a car pool I had set up with another student, but it is doable. I would advise actively trying to live closer to school, this will free up more time for studying (you will be studying a large amount). Public transportation cannot be relied upon, you will want your own car.

Just make sure to put studying as your first priority and do your best to make friends at school that do the same. I know how hard it is to move far away and not know anyone, but you can make it through.
As far as curriculum how would you rate the professors. im really stuck between this school and FAMU so im trying to see if i will be getting the same or better education at LECOM as I would famu

As far as curriculum how would you rate the professors. im really stuck between this school and FAMU so im trying to see if i will be getting the same or better education at LECOM as I would famu
I think FAMU's NAPLEX pass rate was 59% - that says a lot right there - worst (or second to worst) in the nation

You really do have to wear a tie to class and cannot drink water? Looool

Well, when I went it was a mixed bag. Unfortunately this probably won't help you as I doubt I will know half of the professors teaching now. I would definitely steer clear of FAMU though, their most recent pass rate is absolutely atrocious. At least at LECOM, vast majority of my class passed law and naplex. One other thing brought up, security is going to be a whole barrel of monkeys. Make sure you always have your pass as you aren't getting in without it. (Some of us snuck in with other students if we forgot, but you're risking the whip with that one.)

I'm told that the air in Bradenton smells like burned orange juice due to the Tropicana processing plant in town.

If that's true...it would still smell better than Rutgers.

How is this school in terms of residency and the faculty? How is the curriculum? Would you say it prepares you well?

Must wear a tie to class and can't drink water... I can't get over this

My school records lecture so I dont even have to go lol