LECOM clinicals-Pittsburg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lecomdo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but its was kind of buried.

I have some questions regarding the clinical years at LECOM. Is anyone out there familiar with LECOM's Pittsburg rotation sites. Specifically:

Allegheny General Hospital

Healthsouth/Harmerville Rehab

Mercy Hospital

St. Clair Hospital

St. Francis Central Hospital

U of Pitt Med Center- Horizon

West Penn Hospital

I know mostly M1+2 are on this site, but if there are any M3+4s (orM1+2 who know) familiar with these sites please answer.
Can you do all core and electives at Pittsburg sites? Is the faculty paid or volunteer? Is the quality of any of these sites not so good, if so which ones and why. Are any of these site very good, why? Do any of the concerns posted previously in this thread apply. Also, I think at either Allegheny of Mercy, Temple students rotate through- if there are any Temple students out there please give impressions of the sites.

And finally, how difficult is it to do all of your rotations in Pittsburg. In my interview they said rotation selection was not done by lottery or merit-based. They said students worked it out themselves. What does that mean? I really want to do all of my rotations in Pittsburg. Is this going to be a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

West Penn has an agreement with Temple.

Students from Jefferson & PCOM also train at St Francis (the larger MC, perhaps not general).

The education of medical students at West Penn, St Francis and Mercy is quite good for most of the rotations. No matter where you go, there are usually rotations that will not meet expectations.

My experiences in Pittsburgh were mostly positive.