LECOM-E Alternate/Wait-List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Antoine Dodson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewed 2/25 and alternate listed on 3/2. There WILL be movement as they move quite a way through the alternate/wait-list. I just don't know when it moves. Anybody with similar story?

Members don't see this ad.

i wish there was a 'like' button for threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah and a dislike button for the wait-list. Hey wolverine1, when do you think this list will start to move?

you know, I've been wondering the same thing. I've been wait listed for almost two months now and am getting antsy. Is LECOM your top choice? It definitely is mine. I hope we hear something by the end of this month so we can get living arrangements rolling.

Well guys I know for a fact that the wait-list will move. And, it is fact that they do go a way down the wait-list. How far they go depends on several factors and fluctuates yearly. Lets just hope, Wolverine1, that you and I are on top of the list. I'm still holding out hope for lapicsp1 to get an outright acceptance (no news is good news, right?). I have a strong feeling the "list" IS ranked- despite what many people will tell you. I know some schools rank their lists tiers A, B, and C where all A's usually get in, some B's get in, see you next year C's. This is not a first come, first serve type situation. How they rank and when the list starts to move are two variables and unknowns. I hope you are right wolverine1, that it is sooner (April, even March). Lets all stay positive and patient. I have a gut feeling the class is full and we are going to get an acceptance as others withdraw for their favorite choices. LECOM is my favorite. Good luck to everybody.

Well guys I know for a fact that the wait-list will move. And, it is fact that they do go a way down the wait-list. How far they go depends on several factors and fluctuates yearly. Lets just hope, Wolverine1, that you and I are on top of the list. I'm still holding out hope for lapicsp1 to get an outright acceptance (no news is good news, right?). I have a strong feeling the "list" IS ranked- despite what many people will tell you. I know some schools rank their lists tiers A, B, and C where all A's usually get in, some B's get in, see you next year C's. This is not a first come, first serve type situation. How they rank and when the list starts to move are two variables and unknowns. I hope you are right wolverine1, that it is sooner (April, even March). Lets all stay positive and patient. I have a gut feeling the class is full and we are going to get an acceptance as others withdraw for their favorite choices. LECOM is my favorite. Good luck to everybody.

Lecom is my favorite too! I actually got a rejection letter from Lecom earlier in the cycle, and asked them to reconsider. Two rejection letters might be rough. Do you live around this area, Antoine Dodson? And there is a sizable amount of movement off the wait list starting in April according to Dr. Moore. Do the people who don't get in off of the wait list get an invite to the Baccalaureate program?

It's just a recommendation to consider the post-bacc program.

You'll still need to apply to the pb program but if you were waitlisted and had an interview prior, it is highly probable you will have no problems getting in.

Lecom is my favorite too! I actually got a rejection letter from Lecom earlier in the cycle, and asked them to reconsider. Two rejection letters might be rough. Do you live around this area, Antoine Dodson? And there is a sizable amount of movement off the wait list starting in April according to Dr. Moore. Do the people who don't get in off of the wait list get an invite to the Baccalaureate program?

I live around 5 or 6 hours away, but it is my favorite too. Good luck lapicsp1. You will let us know when you find out, won't you? I'm sure we are all pulling for you. Today is Wednesday, maybe we will all find out something soon.

I live around 5 or 6 hours away, but it is my favorite too. Good luck lapicsp1. You will let us know when you find out, won't you? I'm sure we are all pulling for you. Today is Wednesday, maybe we will all find out something soon.

Thanks. I'm only two hours away. I'm guessing I will hear back Friday.

Mid may is the match for AMCAS so many students will be giving up DO seats for MD. I expect most movement on any waitlist around that time. Good luck Eerie campus waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm now an official member of the wait list club! It's better than a rejection :) Now we just have to convince people who saved seats to give them up!

I'm now an official member of the wait list club! It's better than a rejection :) Now we just have to convince people who saved seats to give them up!

Congrats on the wait-list and best of luck. Stay positive. I know it isn't what we had hoped for but things could be worse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know which pathway has a greater chance of getting on acceptance off the waitlist?

for those who have been waitlisted for some time, it may help you to know that I just got an interview invite today for April 29th. That means even more people are probably going to get waitlisted, so there must be a lot of spots that will open!

Thanks for the update. I was told in January that they were not sending out any acceptance letters to interviewees only waitlist letters. Does lecom send out rejection letters to interviewees?

LECOM is still accepting as far as Feb 25's interviewers.

I know some people have gotten a letter saying they are on the waiting list and others saying they are on the alternate list. For those on the waiting list, does your online portal say you were added to the alternate list?

I know some people have gotten a letter saying they are on the waiting list and others saying they are on the alternate list. For those on the waiting list, does your online portal say you were added to the alternate list?

Is there a difference between the two?

"You would think no but it seems they have different dates to when you can be notified I think alternate has a date a week later"

How did you come by this information?

Also after my interview during second week in Jan I received a letter for the waiting list but the letter said that the class was already full. It sounded like they weren't sending out any acceptances. Any confirmation that someone that has been interviewed after January getting an acceptance? Also I online it says that I am on the alternate list. Does anyone have it saying waitinglist online? Sorry I have no knowledge if there has been movement off this list.

"You would think no but it seems they have different dates to when you can be notified I think alternate has a date a week later"

How did you come by this information?

Also after my interview during second week in Jan I received a letter for the waiting list but the letter said that the class was already full. It sounded like they weren't sending out any acceptances. Any confirmation that someone that has been interviewed after January getting an acceptance? Also I online it says that I am on the alternate list. Does anyone have it saying waitinglist online? Sorry I have no knowledge if there has been movement off this list.

I don't think I saw it in this thread but I saw it either in the normal LECOM thread, or past year threads. Yes, people interviewing in March have been accepted. Most were PBL or something else, which is a bit of a surprise because they said those were the most full, but I did see one or two LDP.

I think one person got pulled off the list so far. Most movement I thought would happen in late april but it seems it will be early to middle May. It seems people have interviews as late as May 6th.

Thanks for the updates. You were refering to reading the lecom thread. Is there a current one about people getting accepted on sdn? I haven't been able to find one. The ones I found were old ones...

Any one on the pbl waitlist?

hey i just got on the waitlist yesterday. I interviewed on 3/25. i dont think im on the waitlist for anything such as pbl. It didnt say anything on the letter they sent me. I got my brother to read the letter over the phone to me so maybe he missed something. Hope the waitlist has a lot of movement for all of us:thumbup:

They supposedly put you on the waitlist of which ever pathway you perfer

Nothing. Trying calling and noone ever answers the phone. Anyone have any luck?

i just checked the portal, and I got this.

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 day

What does it mean? its actually making me lol, maybe partially out of desperation. is this a rejection? or is this how they waitlist people?

i just checked the portal, and I got this.

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 day

What does it mean? its actually making me lol, maybe partially out of desperation. is this a rejection? or is this how they waitlist people?

It could be anything from rejection, waitlist or acceptance. Good luck!

Nothing. Trying calling and noone ever answers the phone. Anyone have any luck?

I called today and they picked up. Apparently, they can't give decisions over the phone, though the letter was sent and is en route to my house.

I called today and they picked up. Apparently, they can't give decisions over the phone, though the letter was sent and is en route to my house.

were you waitlisted or has your status not changed since the interview?

were you waitlisted or has your status not changed since the interview?

Nothing was written in terms of an actual decision, though my status did change (interviewed 4/15). it literally said that a decision has been made and a letter was sent, expected to arrive within 30 days. Does everyone get this message? Anyone thats been waitlisted, rejected, accepted, have you all received this?

Nothing was written in terms of an actual decision, though my status did change (interviewed 4/15). it literally said that a decision has been made and a letter was sent, expected to arrive within 30 days. Does everyone get this message? Anyone thats been waitlisted, rejected, accepted, have you all received this?

after my interview, I received an actual letter saying I was waitlisted. I interview a few months ago.

That is exactly what it said online when I got my decision. It took about 4 business days for me to get the letter. I'm pretty sure everyone gets the same status change in the LECOM portal.
Good Luck!:luck:

any idea around how many people they waitlisted because i am on it too?

After talking to them today, they said they usually have 100-150 on the waitlist

Last edited:
If anyone on the waitlist is interested, I am looking to fill a room in a 4bedroom townhouse on w. grandview. Rent is $330/month plus utilities. As of now, we have 3 1st year med students and need one more. The place is really close to the school and has a 2 car garage/snow removal (from what current students are saying this is pretty important for Erie winters). PM for more info.

I too am listed as an alternate, and I've heard nothing since April 18th.

Hopefully you guys hear something soon, I'm pulling for you. :luck:

just retracted my seat at lecom -e. good luck to you all =)

I've withdrawn from LECOM-SH. I realize it's not Erie, but for those of you who ranked it fairly high on the list, you may be getting my spot soon.

Good luck everyone!

I will be withdrawing tomorrow form LECOM. I was originally signed up for Erie-LDP.

Good luck guys!

Congrads! so its confirmed the waitlist has started to move!? Was SH you first option?

Its moving my husband found out today... We're moving to Erie!!!!!!

I don't know if anyone is interested, but we got some advice on how to get off the waitlist (a friend of ours that goes to lecom asked the head of several departments including the recruiting office). The advice paid off for us, maybe it will for you... Send a letter twice a month (so every 15 ish days) include something new each time ie a letter of intent, new shadowing, new volunteering, and YOUR WILLINGNESS TO MOVE is very important. Do not pester them more then that, the secret is keeping you in their minds without driving them crazy... Also some connection to LECOM really helps, such as a letter of rec from a student, proffesor, or alumni... We got ours from a student...

I don't know how this pm thing works you can e-mail me if you want any more info, but I know I would have appreciated the help when Allan was applying

([email protected]):thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user