LECOM-E Waitlist :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdlove143

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am officialy on the waitlist for LECOM-E. How much does this suck? Any one know of stats of the waitlist and getting admitted. I dont even know if its worth it to rely on Erie as an option. Anyone in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

don't worry, although not at LECOM im on the waitlist @ NSUCOM if that makes you feel better...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am officialy on the waitlist for LECOM-E. How much does this suck? Any one know of stats of the waitlist and getting admitted. I dont even know if its worth it to rely on Erie as an option. Anyone in the same boat?

Do you know why you were put on the waitlist?

I got accepted into LECOM-B but I dont know if PBL is for me. I prefer a structured type of learning like lectures and discussions. I dont know what to do anymore. I had an interview at AT Still but I declined it once i got LECOM-E. I dont think I will succeed with a PBL curriculm.
I asked why I was put on the waitlist and they said its prob bc u weren't as competitive as other applicants.

I know that PBL can seem a little scary when you are so used to lecture based classes, but do yourself a favor and not eliminate it. It's too easy to get lazy with lecture based curriculum. With PBL, you are going to have to stay on your toes and do a lot of independent study, but I also think that you will become a better doctor to your patients for it. It is a very interactive way to study. Believe me, once you are out of a classroom setting and in clinicals, you are going to have to think on your feet...if you do the PBL before, you may actually find that you have studied a case that somewhat resembles a real case that you have. Since you will learn about a condition in various ways, you'll feel more comfortable when your superiors are grilling you about something.

Besides, Bradenton is a pretty nice place to live.

Kris

Anyone have any idea what the likely hood of getting off the "alternate list" at LECOM-Bradenton is? Seems like they put almost everyone they interview on the alternate list if not accepted. Im not sure how many if at all they even reject post interview

when I itnerviewed at LECOM-Erie they said almost everyone gets off the waitlist, but usually not until July. That's all I remember them saying...

when I itnerviewed at LECOM-Erie they said almost everyone gets off the waitlist, but usually not until July. That's all I remember them saying...

Hi, I have an interview at LECOM-E on the 5th. But what I was wondering is have you heard anything like the above about PCOM-GA?

Really? I dont know about that. They told me your status may change in July??