LECOM EARLY ACCEPTANCE PROGRAM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan_SyedNaveed

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am a rising junior in HS. And I was wondering about the steps to get into High School LECOM EAP. Also, for my first two years of high school, im a junior btw, I really didn’t know what I wanted to do. Thus, I didn’t take “science-med” classes like AP BIO, I was wondering was that necessary when applying and do u need like a 5 on those courses? And what courses in general are recommended for going into the med field? Also is 200 clinical hours a lot, mediocre, or too little when applying for this program?

Members don't see this ad.

LECOM offers two versions for EAP
1) 4+4 (4 year college + 4 year medical school)
2)3+4 (3 years college + 4 year med school)

All these are offered thru "affiliated" colleges. There is a list of those "affiliated' colleges on LECOM EAP section. Not all affiliated colleges offer 3+4 program.
To enter this program there are specific requirements for GPA (high school) and SAT only which are listed on their website. These program offer the option of not taking MCAT but in lieu take couple of specific classes while you are in college and make a certain AIS (academic score Index) which is a combination of your GPA and SAT score scale. That info is also available on their site. Each affiliated college has a program advisor who maintain the program with LECOM and has all the necessary information.