LECOM Email???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VPDcurt

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What the hell! I didn't even apply to any osteopathic schools but I just got an email from them asking me to do so and that there are seats still available. First of all, is this standard procedure for them and second of all, how the hell did they get my email address?

Members don't see this ad.

They're spamming people to get more money from apps and secondaries. From previous threads, I'm under the impression they're mostly waitlisting people now and haven't had trouble filling their seats.

Pretty lame if you ask me, and really hurts the image of DO schools.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

You probably gave your email out on the MCAT. I get emails from all schools, MD or DO alike. I agree it's a little weird, but no, not all DO schools do this.

VPDcurt said:
What the hell! I didn't even apply to any osteopathic schools but I just got an email from them asking me to do so and that there are seats still available. First of all, is this standard procedure for them and second of all, how the hell did they get my email address?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same random email about 20 minutes ago. Funny thing is that I have already applied, interviewed, and been put on hold at LECOM-Florida.

JKDMed said:
They're spamming people to get more money from apps and secondaries. From previous threads, I'm under the impression they're mostly waitlisting people now and haven't had trouble filling their seats.

dido they just take money :thumbdown:

JKDMed said:

I got spam emails from Medical College of Wisconsin and some program at Columbia, too. It's not just DO schools.

dr.z said:
I get some letters from podiatory schools and some Carribean schools as well. It's all from MCAT info.

hahaha.. I got that too. SGU and a florida DPM school. They must of looked at our MCAT/GPA scores and said... hey... those are low enought.

I also got the Lecom email. f*cking sweet, I'd really love to piss away my twenties in lake erie, pennsylvania.

I've been getting those emails from the military too. They've been the most annoying. I think I've gotten 3 so far from the military. And of course, the Carribean, DO schools, etc too.

docbill said:
dido they just take money :thumbdown:

UNECOM is actually doing the same thing, except they are not advertsing people to apply. The class filled up around early january, and they are still interview despite the class being filled, and already have a long wait list going.

So its all about the money,

sfrduder said:
UNECOM is actually doing the same thing, except they are not advertsing people to apply. The class filled up around early january, and they are still interview despite the class being filled, and already have a long wait list going.

Strange

Last edited:
sfrduder said:

Every private school is about money helllllllllooooooooooo!!!

BUT I am biase! UNECOM accepted me long time ago...
LECOM refused me... even pre-interview. :smuggrin:

I also got the LECOM e-mail on the same day you wrote this, but then again, I've also been receiving quite a few DPM snail mail advertisements as well (from "respectable" U.S. schools).

Every private school is about money helllllllllooooooooooo!!!

PCOM sends a 2º to everyone. If all 4000+ applicants returned it w/ the $50 that would be some decent cash coming in to support the admissions dept. They have a budget too.
Not sure how many send the 2º back.

docbill said:
hahaha.. I got that too. SGU and a florida DPM school. They must of looked at our MCAT/GPA scores and said... hey... those are low enought.

even w/ an MCAT above 30?