LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2011Bound

Lecom Erie C/O 2014
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't seem to find a recent thread for people applying to/interviewing for Lecom Erie for a start date of Fall 2011. So everyone that is applying, post stats, questions, interview dates, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't seem to find a recent thread for people applying to/interviewing for Lecom Erie for a start date of Fall 2011. So everyone that is applying, post stats, questions, interview dates, etc.

Is it really competitive to get accepted to Lake Erie - PA campus?
My stats:
3.53 S.GPA
3.76 Non-S. GPA
3.68 C.GPA
Associate of Science in Life Science.
Associate of Art in Business.
60 %ile on PCAT
Pharm. Tech certified
Volunteering at Pharmacy department at hospital.

I'm not sure how competitive Lecom-Erie is to get into. I've been searching some past threads on sdn and it's hard to tell so I'm hoping this thread will be helpful as we will see the stats of those that get interviews and accepted this year.

I didn't calculate my GPAs and am waiting for PharmCas to do that, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I wish I would have sent in my transcripts earlier but I e-submitted on 9/17 and it looks like my app won't be sent out to schools until later October.

I got a degree from the University of Florida and messed up in some of my classes there so I ended up with a 2.9 overall GPA. I decided to do Pharmacy and went back to school and my GPAs should be up to the 3.3 range, which I know isn't great but hopefully my others stats will make me competitive. I've received straight A's in all my courses at UWF since going back to school. My others stats are:

PCAT
Verbal 95
Biology 96
Reading Comp 82
Quantitative 96
Chemistry 99
Composite 99

Pharmacy Technician for the last 9 months
Volunteered in the Pharmacy at a hospital for two semesters
Secretary of the Pharmacy Club
Research Assistant in a Computational Chemistry Research Lab
Teacher's Assistant for Organic Chemistry I Lab

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed with LECOM ERIE yet. I was wondering how long after an interview did you hear back? This school is my first choice and I want to interview here and hear back before any other school. Anyone know how long it takes?

I'm still waiting on a letter of reference to be sent to pharmcas, after that they said they will schedule me for an interview. I'm graduating this semester so I'm not required to take the PCAT for them. My other stats:
sGPA: 3.65
cGPA: 3.76
B.S. in Biology
Volunteer work with Red Cross
Worked while going through college
Just got a job as a Cashier in a Pharmacy

I have an interview November 16th. Has anyone interviewed yet or interviewing on the 16th?

I have an interview November 16th. Has anyone interviewed yet or interviewing on the 16th?

Are you the bro that got your date switched? LECOM ERIE is my first choice. I haven't heard anyone got accepted yet. Could Nov. 16th be their first interview day?

I know they're on rolling admissions so I'll be happy If I can interview here as early as possible and hopefully get accepted before having to spend money on other schools.

Have you heard anything else?

I didn't find anyone to switch with me but the secretary contacted me and I guess someone might have dropped their date or switched it for whatever reason, because I was able to move mine from January to November 16th.

I haven't heard anything on here about Lecom-Erie either. So either people aren't posting or maybe that is their first interview date. I'm hoping they have a quick turnaround because I also would love to decline my other interviews and save some money.

Read everything people wrote on here about LECOM-Erie, then decide if you want to go there.

Do you go to Lecom Erie? So far, I have just found people with specific issues, such as the food policy, the dress code, not being able to move somewhere they want for the third year, etc.

I can handle things like that, as well as the city, for three years and study hard and leave with a PharmD and an affordable education.

Congrats on your interview invite! I applied here too but still did not hear anything back. Did they contact you through email?

Congrats on your interview invite! I applied here too but still did not hear anything back. Did they contact you through email?

When was your PharmCas sent out to the schools? My PharmCas was sent out on October 11th and I was invited for an interview through email on October 22nd. So it took about 2 weeks. Although, I think the interview date they are giving now is late January. What's your first choice?

I am too interested in this school. I like the idea of 3 year school but would like someone to list pros/cons of this school.

I have a BS in Microbiology and minor in Chemistry with an overall and science GPA ~3.3. I am a certified pharmacy tech with a year of experience; volunteered in the hospital in the lab; now I tutor local middle and highschool kids biology;bilingual

I will be submitting my application sometimes this week..

Members don't see this ad :)
I am too interested in this school. I like the idea of 3 year school but would like someone to list pros/cons of this school.

You can do a search and find all the things written on this site about the school. I think you will mostly just find people complaining about issues that aren't a big deal. For example, they have a dress code, no eating or drinking (even water) anywhere in the building except the cafeteria, assigned seating, etc. While maybe not ideal, I don't think these things are worth complaining about and all serve purposes for the school. It's a very affordable education and if I get in, I'm looking forward to be out in three years.

When was your PharmCas sent out to the schools? My PharmCas was sent out on October 11th and I was invited for an interview through email on October 22nd. So it took about 2 weeks. Although, I think the interview date they are giving now is late January. What's your first choice?

I think it was sent out around the end of August and I only heard back from them regarding a username and password to log in to see my admission status which I checked and did not see anything on there...

I am interviewing with LECOM tomorrow at 10am. Anyone else going to be there?

My stats:

94% composite on PCAT
3.3/4 overall GPA
3.2/4 science GPA
less than one year of pharmacy experience
previous hospital volunteering

Hey!

My interview day started with an introductory session, an academic overview, and a financial informative session. Then there is a tour, a talk with some current students. The interview is suppose to be 30 minutes with two faculties. All the professors are nice but formal. They have a piece of paper in their hands while interviewing you, and it seems like they are constantly writing on the paper.

The questions were standard pharmacy school questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I dunno if there's any rule about posting questions but they are really not bad at all. The only thing I had an issue with was the way the two profs were sitting. they sat apart and I had to turn my head right and left throughout the interview to keep eye contact.

Hope this helps :D

How many other people were there and did they say how long for them to get back to you with a decision?

Somebody told me that you usually should know no later than 30 days after your interview.

Anybody going to be there November 16th?

When schools notify you by email, there's always an official letter that goes out too, right?

I just checked my admission status on my LECOM Portal account, according to the admissions status, it says: "You have been selected for an interview, you will be receiving an e-mail from the Admissions Office with your assigned date." did any one see this message under the admissions status when checking the lecom portal account? if so how many days later did u guys get the official invitation email to interview?

I just checked my admission status on my LECOM Portal account, according to the admissions status, it says: "You have been selected for an interview, you will be receiving an e-mail from the Admissions Office with your assigned date." did any one see this message under the admissions status when checking the lecom portal account? if so how many days later did u guys get the official invitation email to interview?

Yes I had that status for about 5 days then received the email. SO it will happen soon. My interview date is for Jan. 12th.

Yes I had that status for about 5 days then received the email. SO it will happen soon. My interview date is for Jan. 12th.

congrats on your interview invite. i'm eagerly waiting for the official email. i could have it the jan 12th date as well. what state do you live in?

congrats on your interview invite. i'm eagerly waiting for the official email. i could have it the jan 12th date as well. what state do you live in?

I am sure it will be to you next week! So while its tought be patient it will happen!

I live in North Carolina near the coast and yet I might go to the Lake Effect Snow capital of the U.S.! All to get out of school a year earlier! haha

How about yourself?

I am sure it will be to you next week! So while its tought be patient it will happen!

I live in North Carolina near the coast and yet I might go to the Lake Effect Snow capital of the U.S.! All to get out of school a year earlier! haha

How about yourself?

I live in new jersey, i love the accelerated program, lecom-erie is the closest to my home that has the accelerated program and i love the snow too.

How about yourself?

I live in New Jersey and I just got the email from lecom saying that my interview date is january 18th 2011.

I went to the november 5th interview with south university and I just found out today that I got deferred from south university. my application will be on hold until april. I feel so sad even though i heard most people got deferred considering it's still early and they want to wait to compare us with later applicants. should I be discouraged?

South University-Savannah-interview 11/05/2010-deferred:(
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18/2010
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-still waiting
LECOM-ERIE-Interview 01/18/2011
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Western New England College of Pharmacy-interview 12/03/2010

My interview with lecom-erie will be on january 18th, 2011. i heard lecom is really hard is get into.
I went to the november 5th interview with south and I just found out today that I got deferred from south university. my application will be on hold until april. I feel so sad. should I be discouraged?

My interview with lecom-erie will be on january 18th, 2011. i heard lecom is really hard is get into.
I went to the november 5th interview with south and I just found out today that I got deferred from south university. my application will be on hold until april. I feel so sad. should I be discouraged?

You shouldn't at all be discouraged. u are qualified that's why u got the interview in the first place and u didn't do badly in the interview that's why u were not rejected. So all I can say to you is to pray. They may even call u b/4 april. all the best!!!!!!!!! It's called divine favor.:)

You shouldn't at all be discouraged. u are qualified that's why u got the interview in the first place and u didn't do badly in the interview that's why u were not rejected. So all I can say to you is to pray. They may even call u b/4 april. It's called divine favor. All the best!!!!!!!!!:)

THANK YOU for the encouragement. did u apply to lecom?

really hard to get into? whered you hear that, trying to scare me... :(

When does the semestar usually start at Earie??? Anybody?

Go on their website. They give an exact academic calender and schedule.

My interview day started with an introductory session, an academic overview, and a financial informative session. Then there is a tour, a talk with some current students. The interview is suppose to be 30 minutes with two faculties. All the professors are nice but formal. They have a piece of paper in their hands while interviewing you, and it seems like they are constantly writing on the paper.

The questions were standard pharmacy school questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I dunno if there's any rule about posting questions but they are really not bad at all. The only thing I had an issue with was the way the two profs were sitting. they sat apart and I had to turn my head right and left throughout the interview to keep eye contact.

Hope this helps :D

Hey,

I actually just quoted this review of the Lecom Erie Interview process because it is pretty dead on. Everyone was really nice and I had a great trip. Looking forward to going there if I get in. I would say don't be too nervous but that's hard to control and I know I definitely was! Good luck and let's hope we see each other in the fall!

Where did the interview fit in with the intro, tour, etc and did they gril you on bad grades?

No, I live in atlanta and have a family here so I applied to mercer and got in. Interviewed oct 15th and got my acceptance Nov 2nd.

i applied to mercer and haven't heard anything. going to university of maryland eastern shore interview tomorrow. wish me luck:xf: congrats on getting into mercer. are you going to mercer?

I JUST found out my october pcat score, this is my october score versus august score. My august scores are in parenthesis. I'm worried about my reading score now. will they deny me because of low reading score despite all other scores are good?

verbal: 58 (58)
biology:76 (71)
reading: 9 (10)
quantitative: 59 (39)
chemistry 53 (58)
composite 47(43)

I know my reading score did not improve and it's really bad. But i improved 20 percentile on math and my other scores are pretty decent. I'm worried how much will the low reading score hinder me from getting into pharmacy school. My GPA is 3.68 with 3.6 for science and math gpa. 4 years of retail pharmacy experience and one year of hospital experience. Honors program graduate, phi theta kappa member, honors association treasurer.

I applied to 14 pharmacy schools, and 4 pharmacy schools have invited me to interview with them so far, and I have gone to 2 of them already. Do you think my low reading score will kill my chance of getting in? what sections do pharmacy schools look at the most on pcat? what do you guys think?

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-:xf:
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-still waiting

i applied to mercer and haven't heard anything. going to university of maryland eastern shore interview tomorrow. wish me luck:xf: congrats on getting into mercer. are you going to mercer?

Thank you. Best of luck on ur interview, I'm sure u're done with it already. Hope it went well :). Sorry it came quite late, just saw this today. Yes I'll be going to mercer.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance to LECOM ERIE yet?

Has anyone had their status change after interviewing at Lecom Erie?

Right after your interview, it says something like: Thank you for interviewing at Lecom...

A couple days later, my status then changed to: The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made.

From what I've been reading in Lecom Bradenton threads or in past threads, you either get the status I just wrote above or one that says something like: A decision has been made and we will notify you in ten days.

There has been some speculating that the status I have can mean your waitlisted and the one saying a decision has been made means that you've either been accepted or rejected but most likely accepted.

Hoping others might be able to shed some light on this.

I'm interviewing in a couple of weeks, but I agree there's way more activity in the Bredenton thread. I don't know why, maybe ERIE started interviewing late. How many people were there when you interviewed? I don't know about the portal online. I don't ever check mine. I got the email ot interview and confirmed it and they confirmed back and after my interview I figured Id just wait for a email/call or letter in the mail. If you already interviewed what was the vibe of the other interviewers- did they really want to go there or what?

About 12 people. I don't really know, didn't get a chance to talk to everyone because they broke us up into small groups when we were waiting for the interview. I was the only one that came from really far (I flew and it was a big investment but Erie is my first choice) and it seemed like everyone else was in the northeast and pretty much applying to northeast schools. One girl who I ran into after the interview didn't seem like she really wanted to go.

I just really don't want to get waitlisted. I switched around all my interview dates so this would work and if I get waitlisted I'll have to go to them all and spend the money anyways, including a deposit if it takes awhile for Erie to get back to me. Oh well, it's all part of the process. Let us know what happens after your interview. I'll post when I get my letter, I'm hoping to see it before Thanksgiving next week.

I have an interview on Jan 18! Not my first choice and a long drive, but unless I get into somewhere else before then, I'll be going.

Stats..
3.7 gpa
3.5 sgpa
82 pcat
pharm experience
pharm tech certified
lots of community service

I have an interview on Jan 18! Not my first choice and a long drive, but unless I get into somewhere else before then, I'll be going.

Stats..
3.7 gpa
3.5 sgpa
82 pcat
pharm experience
pharm tech certified
lots of community service

I'll going to my interview with lecom-erie on january 18th, i guess i'll see you there. what state do you live in?

A couple days later, my status then changed to: The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made.

From what I've been reading in Lecom Bradenton threads or in past threads, you either get the status I just wrote above or one that says something like: A decision has been made and we will notify you in ten days.

There has been some speculating that the status I have can mean your waitlisted and the one saying a decision has been made means that you've either been accepted or rejected but most likely accepted.

I got my acceptance letter today in the mail! Lecom-Erie is my first choice so if anyone else gets accepted and is going then I'll see you in August. Also, if you get the same status as me, don't freak out like I did because I interviewed last Tuesday and got my letter one week later on Monday. I guess the portal doesn't mean anything because they did make a decision even though it said they didn't.

Was the letter the first thing you got or was their an email first or phone call? And whatd the envelope look like? I always hear people are afraid of small business envelopes rather than big page size packet.