LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was the letter the first thing you got or was their an email first or phone call? And whatd the envelope look like? I always hear people are afraid of small business envelopes rather than big page size packet.

The letter was the first thing I got. Like I said before, don't trust the portal because it can frustrate you depending on your status. It was a business sized envelope. I think the difference between an acceptance, a rejection, and an alternate list is just one paper in the envelope vs. two because if you get accepted then the other letter you mail back to them.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Philly, Pa! so about 6 1/2 to 7 hour drive =/
i'm from fort lee, nj, which is close to new york city. 2 hours extra drive compared to you. i'll see you there and good luck. lecom is my top choice

The letter was the first thing I got. Like I said before, don't trust the portal because it can frustrate you depending on your status. It was a business sized envelope. I think the difference between an acceptance, a rejection, and an alternate list is just one paper in the envelope vs. two because if you get accepted then the other letter you mail back to them.

congrats on your acceptance, and i guess you will decline your interview with south now? i'm going to interview on january 18th and lecom-erie is my top choice as well. we'll see what happens

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on your acceptance, and i guess you will decline your interview with south now? i'm going to interview on january 18th and lecom-erie is my top choice as well. we'll see what happens

Yes, I'll be declining my other interviews. I was only really considering 3 year programs and as soon as my wife decided to go back to school Lecom Erie made the most sense financially. We really liked it when we went up there.

I thought in another thread you said South was your first choice? Did you not like it when you went for your interview?

does LECOM have any restriction to applying to both FL and PA locations, since i know MCHPS has that you can only apply to one campus. does anyone know?

Yes, I'll be declining my other interviews. I was only really considering 3 year programs and as soon as my wife decided to go back to school Lecom Erie made the most sense financially. We really liked it when we went up there.

I thought in another thread you said South was your first choice? Did you not like it when you went for your interview?

congrats. south is not my first choice anymore and i got my deferred by south

does LECOM have any restriction to applying to both FL and PA locations, since i know MCHPS has that you can only apply to one campus. does anyone know?

You can apply to both through the PharmCas.

lecom-erie is my first choice, does anyone know how did the interview go? what kind of set up do they have? thanks

Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for a while now. I got my acceptance letter last week. Congratulations to anyone who got in. To answer pharmdnj718's question, the interview was pretty much how fateluver described it to be. It was the most laid back interview I have ever had, so don't sweat it. I hope that helps, good luck!:) Hope to see all of you at LECOM. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone! I have been following this thread for a while now. I got my acceptance letter last week. Congratulations to anyone who got in. To answer pharmdnj718's question, the interview was pretty much how fateluver described it to be. It was the most laid back interview I have ever had, so don't sweat it. I hope that helps, good luck!:) Hope to see all of you at LECOM. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

congrats on your acceptance and thank you for your tips. LECOM-ERIE IS my number one choice and it's fifth interview, hopefully the first 4 interviews would they warmed me up for LECOM. Are YOU going to attend LECOM?
IT's pretty funny how most of my interview invitations from the three year accelerated programs and only one is from the traditional four year program. i guess the four year programs don't like me as much as three year programs. happy thanksgiving to you too:)

Congrats on your interview invite! I applied here too but still did not hear anything back. Did they contact you through email?

thanks for the tips about pacific university oregon. I applied to LECOM-ERIE and will have an interview with lecom on january 18th, you got accepted by pacific, i'm sure LECOM-ERIE WOuld want you too. fingers crossed for you. when did u apply to LECOM?

Congrats on your interview invite! I applied here too but still did not hear anything back. Did they contact you through email?

CHECK your admissions status on THE LECOM portal website using the login and password given to you. it will say you have been selected for an interview, an email will be sent to you shortly. i got the email 3 days after i saw the status on lecom portal

I applied to 14 pharmacy schools, and 5 pharmacy schools have invited me to interview with them so far, and I have gone to 2 of them already.

there is my application status out of all the 3 year accelerated programs i applied to:

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5/2010-DEFERRED UNTIL MARCH :( but:xf:
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18/2010-:xf:
Sullivan University-still waiting
Pacific university in oregon-interview 01/08/2011-declined interview
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18/2011:xf:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades.

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03/2010:xf:
Presbyterian College-still waiting
University of Oklahoma-still waiting
Nova-still waiting
Mercer-still waiting
Long Island University-still waiting
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-still waiting

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on your acceptance and thank you for your tips. LECOM-ERIE IS my number one choice and it's fifth interview, hopefully the first 4 interviews would they warmed me up for LECOM. Are YOU going to attend LECOM?
IT's pretty funny how most of my interview invitations from the three year accelerated programs and only one is from the traditional four year program. i guess the four year programs don't like me as much as three year programs. happy thanksgiving to you too:)

Yes, I will be attending LECOM next fall.

Anyway, I was just curious about what the pre-meds are up to these days, so I started looking at their forum and came across a thread called "most bizarre interview moment?". I was laughing so hard after reading just two of the posts. So if you or anyone ever needs a good laugh, just read that thread, it is hilarious! It should help relieve some anxiety from the interviews.:)

I got my acceptance letter today in the mail! Lecom-Erie is my first choice so if anyone else gets accepted and is going then I'll see you in August. Also, if you get the same status as me, don't freak out like I did because I interviewed last Tuesday and got my letter one week later on Monday. I guess the portal doesn't mean anything because they did make a decision even though it said they didn't.

You got your acceptance less than a week after your interview?

I wonder if everyone who interviews gets notified the following monday...Has anyone else gotten their letter that quick and any more acceptances or rejections yet?

You got your acceptance less than a week after your interview?

I wonder if everyone who interviews gets notified the following monday...Has anyone else gotten their letter that quick and any more acceptances or rejections yet?

The admissions committee meets every Wednesday and since the interviews are usually on Tuesdays that means they make their decision usually the next day and send out the letters. I live in Florida and got mine the following Monday. It looks like it's the same in the Bradenton thread but I haven't heard anyone else talk about their acceptance from Erie.

You must be the only one accepted out of your group of 12! :-O

You must be the only one accepted out of your group of 12! :-O

I doubt that! Maybe there's just not a lot of people on SDN who are applying to Lecom-Erie? When's your interview?

Hey I also applied to lecom:)
out of curiousity when did you guys submit your application. I did mine only a week ago, so i wanted to know how long you waited till you got an interview? And i noticed some of you saying you checked a portal, is that before you got an interview or after? Do we all have a portal if we applied or do we have to make one?
thankk

Hey I also applied to lecom:)
out of curiousity when did you guys submit your application. I did mine only a week ago, so i wanted to know how long you waited till you got an interview? And i noticed some of you saying you checked a portal, is that before you got an interview or after? Do we all have a portal if we applied or do we have to make one?
thankk

My PharmCas was sent out on October 11th and I was invited for an interview through email on October 22nd. So it took about 2 weeks but Oct. 11th is when it showed that it was sent out from PharmCas. So did you just complete your app a week ago or was it submitted to schools a week ago? It takes at least a couple weeks for PharmCas to verify your app and send it out.

Once Lecom receives your application then they send you an email saying they are processing it and that's when you get the link to your portal. If they invite you for an interview it will show up there first and then that means they will further contact you with instructions for the interview.

2011 bound, my interview is next Tuesday and I was wondering after you got your acceptance letter did your portal still say they hadn't made a decision yet? How long and when did it switch to something else.

Has anyone who interviewed on November 30th heard back or have their portal change to anything yet? It's been just over a week and it seemed someone else heard back the following monday? hmm...

2011 bound, my interview is next Tuesday and I was wondering after you got your acceptance letter did your portal still say they hadn't made a decision yet? How long and when did it switch to something else.

My portal status didn't change from the previous one (stating they hadn't made a decision) until I sent in my matriculation fee and agreement and they had received it. It then changed to the following:

Congratulations on your acceptance to the LECOM Erie School of Pharmacy. We received your matriculation fee and agreement. We will be in contact with you over the next few months.

My interview was on the 1st and got my accepted letter today, the 9th.
The letter was dated on the 2nd.
:love::love::love:

Are you sure your interview wasn't on the 30th (a Tuesday). I thought they only do Tuesday interviews.

My interview was on Wednesday, the 1st. I'm pretty sure about that!
The acceptance letter was dated the 2nd dec. I don't know how it is possible.

Congrats on your acceptance...what about your deposit at Howard?

I am still undecided. I still need to talk to my family about the choices before I make my final decision.
I will still pay the security deposit at Lecom

I am still undecided. I still need to talk to my family about the choices before I make my final decision.
I will still pay the security deposit at Lecom

how much is the deposit? how long do they give you to pay the deposit? congrats. i will be interviewing on january 18th and lecom is my first choice

does anyone know where to do for sightseeing around lecom-erie? any recommendations thanks?

Hello everyone. I wasn't aware of this thread until recently, but I also received my acceptance letter and will also be attending next Fall. Tuition was a very big factor for me, but after visiting ERIE for my interview I really liked LECOM. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a private message.

For those who already decided to attend LECOM, do you worry about the level of difficulty at Lecom? I really worry about it. Will we be able to do well? Out of 140 accepted students per class, how many of them get As in class? I am still debating between 3 years vs. 4 years program. Any advise?

For those who already decided to attend LECOM, do you worry about the level of difficulty at Lecom? I really worry about it. Will we be able to do well? Out of 140 accepted students per class, how many of them get As in class? I am still debating between 3 years vs. 4 years program. Any advise?

I know quite a few people that are/were in pharmacy school (not LECOM). And what I have learned from all is that in any pharmacy school there are always students that can just get by with 3.1-3.3 GPA and those who want to graduate on top of their class with flying colors. It is up to you to where you want to be. Hard work always pays off! :)

Oh and only LECOM’s registrar’s office can answer how many of their pharmacy students get A’s. :D

Are there any current 1st year students in here? I'm curious the max your allowed to borrow for first year- what do they call it? LECOMS COA 9cost of attendance) or something like that. Excluding private loans obviously. I'm curious of the total and the totals for individual things like food, tuition, housing, etc,,, and i think they give you an extra 1,000 for a labtop 1st year. Thanks.

LECOM-erie IS MY FIRST CHOICE, my interview will be on the January 18th, 2011. can anyone tell me how do they set up interviews?

LECOM-erie IS MY FIRST CHOICE, my interview will be on the January 18th, 2011. can anyone tell me how do they set up interviews?

The interview is pretty relaxing, try to add humor in your answer. Since they grade you on your answer from 1 to 5, if you make them laugh, they will give you high score. They ask you certain questions like describe your leadership role, a group activity, why pharmacy?, about yourself, etc.
Are you ready for the challenge? I'm still pretty nervous about it.

The interview is pretty relaxing, try to add humor in your answer. Since they grade you on your answer from 1 to 5, if you make them laugh, they will give you high score. They ask you certain questions like describe your leadership role, a group activity, why pharmacy?, about yourself, etc.
Are you ready for the challenge? I'm still pretty nervous about it.

I heard LECOM is not hard if you study, i know someone who is a current P1 student. I'm ready for the challenge and i hope they accept me. do you know how many people they accept from each interview. do we do a group task also with them? was the interview one on one? how many people do we interview with? thank you for the feedback. i hope to join you guys because lecom is a good school and it's cheaper than other schools. i also got accepted into another pharmacy school but i want LECOM-ERIE.

I heard LECOM is not hard if you study, i know someone who is a current P1 student. I'm ready for the challenge and i hope they accept me. do you know how many people they accept from each interview. do we do a group task also with them? was the interview one on one? how many people do we interview with? thank you for the feedback. i hope to join you guys because lecom is a good school and it's cheaper than other schools. i also got accepted into another pharmacy school but i want LECOM-ERIE.

There is no group task to do.
The interview group consists of 2 instructors and the interviewee.
I don't know how many people get accepted per interview date.

Last edited:
There is no group task to do.
The interview group consists of 2 instructors and the interviewee.
I don't know how many people get accepted per interview date.

one on one interview or two on one interview

There are 3 people in the interview room. You and 2 LECOM pple. So your the only applicant, but your interviewed by 2 lecom faculty members.

Hey pharmdnj718,

You have a friend who is a P1 at LECOM ERIE right now? Can you see if he or she can give us any more insight about being a new student and first semester classes? It's kind of a long move for me and pretty curious to hear more about another students experiences about what I will be going through next fall. Thanks.

Congrats!!! I do have an interview on Jan 12. Any comments ? Did u have essay part or not?

I have my interview on Jan 12, so nervous, any recommendations? can you post some of questions , please? Thanks

Hey pharmdnj718,

You have a friend who is a P1 at LECOM ERIE right now? Can you see if he or she can give us any more insight about being a new student and first semester classes? It's kind of a long move for me and pretty curious to hear more about another students experiences about what I will be going through next fall. Thanks.

yes i do and i'll try to ask him about lecom. Lecom is my first choice and my interview will be on january 18th. I want to get into lecom even though i have been accepted elsewhere already. how did your interview go? can you more about the interview process aND ANY TIPS You have? thanks

Is anyone familiar with LECOM-E pharmacy class schedule for P1 and P2?
If there is, can you give a detail description such as hour in lecture/lab. Also, if there is an old schedule for P1-P2 that will be awesome to see.There are some schools that are 8-1200 or 1200-500, I've been looking in several places for a LECOM-E schedule but have not been succesful.

Also, can anyone confirm if you are still able to do your APPE anywhere in the US? few bloggers mentioned in the past that's no longer true.

I finally paid my security deposit today. For those who already paid the security deposit, did you receive forms to fill out? I was born in Vietnam so my immunization record is in vietnam and is in vietnamese. Do I need to translate the record into english? Or get the vaccination all over again?
Any info?

Hey everyone Im a first year student at lecom. I just wanted to answer a couple of questions asked earlier. It is possible to do well in lecom as long as you put time into studying. Or you can be lazy like me and just get by...jk:laugh:. First quarter(aug-oct) we went to class 8-12 mon-fri. Second quarter's schedule is all over the place due to compounding lab. Some days we dont get out til 5.
I dont really read the forums much but would be glad to answer any questions. Just make sure you PM me instead of posting on the forum.
Good luck to everyone and congrats to everyone who got accepted already!!

hey i'm going to be flying to erie for the january 18th interview. does anyone have any recommendations about which hotel would be a good idea to stay in or also any recommendations for sightseeing?

thanks people and good luck to all other interviewees and congrats to those accepted.

:luck:
Hello! Does anyone know if you need write an essay during the actual interview of LECOM lake Erie? Thanks!