LECOM Erie, Apr-May 2008 Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtecdoma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any interviewees from April-May 08 time frame hear anything from LECOM Erie about your enrollment status? If so, how long did it take for you to find out? I am eagerly waiting for a response from them also.

Members don't see this ad.

I had my interview back in April. The interview lasted about 45 minutes with two faculty members. They were really nice and very interested in what I was sharing with them. I found out about 2 weeks after the interview. Actually LECOM Erie is my number #1 choice. Unfortunately, I was waitlisted. Now I am just praying that I get in when a spot opens up...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes! My interview was only about 20 minutes. I thought it went really well also but now I am skeptical of the outcome.

Anyone else have any luck hearing from LECOM?

I had my interview in April and was waitlisted about 2 weeks later. I just received an acceptance letter in the mail this week!! I am so excited to have made it! Good luck to all of you - hope you hear soon!

I had my interview in April and was waitlisted about 2 weeks later. I just received an acceptance letter in the mail this week!! I am so excited to have made it! Good luck to all of you - hope you hear soon!

Congratulations man!!!

I hope I get mine too. I am still hoping and praying right now. :)

Did you receive a call before the acceptance?!! Congratulations thought!!!

If you don't mind asking? What were your stats? Also did you finish pre-reqs before?

I got a letter informing me I was on the alternate list less than a week after my interview in may. ^^; LECOM is my top (only...?) choice at this point so I really really hope I get in!

Hmmm, they don't have an alternate list AND a waitlist, do they? cause if so I guess I'm done DX

Thank you - no I didn't get a call just the letter saying that I had been accepeted. I have finished all my pre-reqs and my GPA was a 3.98 in math and science and and 3.94 overall. My PCAT was not that great but i guess it was average. Now my biggest problem is finding a roommate or a single apartment I can afford! Not much available now. Good Luck to you and I hope you hear soon!

Dawn

my interview was on april 30th. i got put on the alternate list. is it true that the schools only put as many students on the alternate list as the average number of people each year who deny their acceptance?

for example, if an average of 50 people deny their acceptance, do the schools only choose 50 people as alternates? :confused:

my interview was on april 30th. i got put on the alternate list. is it true that the schools only put as many students on the alternate list as the average number of people each year who deny their acceptance?

for example, if an average of 50 people deny their acceptance, do the schools only choose 50 people as alternates? :confused:

I heard that they do 30% of the class... So Lecom Erie the alternative list is approximately 40 students while Lecom Bradenton is approximately 30 odd students on the Alternative list. That's what I got when I was there at Lecom Bradenton.

Also anyone here going to the Campus Day event. I'm on the alternative list there. I was still thinking of attending to showcase my interest that I am willing to come here if there is a spot open. What do you guys think?

Also anyone here going to the Campus Day event. I'm on the alternative list there. I was still thinking of attending to showcase my interest that I am willing to come here if there is a spot open. What do you guys think?

Are you talking about Summer Campus Day event on June 20th?
I am thinking about going in order to make decision about going there.
I am off Mon-Fri so I could make it 4-5 days trip. I may drive there and stop by Niagara Fall and visit nearby areas, and then visit the school Erie on Fri and fly back to GA that night. I don't know if it would be a feasible/affordable plan. If I want to take course in the summer, I wouldn't be able to go......

Are you talking about Summer Campus Day event on June 20th?
I am thinking about going in order to make decision about going there.
I am off Mon-Fri so I could make it 4-5 days trip. I may drive there and stop by Niagara Fall and visit nearby areas, and then visit the school Erie on Fri and fly back to GA that night. I don't know if it would be a feasible/affordable plan. If I want to take course in the summer, I wouldn't be able to go......

Yes, that's the one I was referring to.

Wait you're from Georgia? You should definitely go to UGA then. Its closer to home and cheaper then LECOM. If I was you, I would do that. Its nice being close to home.

Rutgers is the only pharmacy school in my state and we all know how they are. I don't like their teach philosophy there, but that's subject for a different matter all together.

But the trip sounds like a lot of fun, but a bit expensive especially with the gas prices now a days.

Lecom Erie is a good 6 and half hour drive from where I live... So I could go home on the long weekends to visit my parents. (I'm only child, even though I am 22 years old) so they like if I would be able to stay close to home.

Honestly an extra year doesn't matter much and you can use the summer to work on something you like and finish residency hours. At LECOM, we'll have to 1500 hours, which 750 you have to do during school and during summer. That's not much of a life.

If I get accepted at LECOM Erie, I plan on finishing everything up and hopefully I can get married at age between 24 and 26. So that's my thing with why I chose pharmacy.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought it was your other thread... A bit tired from a day of work today, it was crazy busy at Walgreens.

Yes, that's the one I was referring to.
Wait you're from Georgia? You should definitely go to UGA then. Its closer to home and cheaper then LECOM. If I was you, I would do that. Its nice being close to home. .
As posted, it's only ~30,000 cheaper. I am an immigrant. The majority of my family members is out of the US.. However, I have some friends here in GA.. I would be nice to be close to them .. But I think I could make new friends there..:)

As posted, it's only ~30,000 cheaper. I am an immigrant. The majority of my family members is out of the US.. However, I have some friends here in GA.. I would be nice to be close to them .. But I think I could make new friends there..:)

That's true too man, you make new friends anywhere you go... I am an immigrant as well. :)

But do they generally end up accepting all 40 students from the alternate list?

I heard that they do 30% of the class... So Lecom Erie the alternative list is approximately 40 students while Lecom Bradenton is approximately 30 odd students on the Alternative list. That's what I got when I was there at Lecom Bradenton.