LECOM Erie campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtecdoma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here have an interview with LECOM in PA in May? Does anyone here know why they're interviewing this late, are they interviewing to get some waitlist people in case others that got accepted decide not to go to their school or b/c there's still some room left? I doubt they have room since its so late already, what are your opinions? :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone here have an interview with LECOM in PA in May? Does anyone here know why they're interviewing this late, are they interviewing to get some waitlist people in case others that got accepted decide not to go to their school or b/c there's still some room left? I doubt they have room since its so late already, what are your opinions? :)
Yeah, can't figure it out. Guess they are a new school, other schools have priority ;) i just received their interview invitation, however my mail got lost on its way, thus I already missed its deadline to apply. but i've all set with other schools =)

Does anyone here know why they're interviewing this late, are they interviewing to get some waitlist people in case others that got accepted decide not to go to their school or b/c there's still some room left? I doubt they have room since its so late already, what are your opinions? :)

Because the class at Erie Campus won't start until late September (they use quarter system). As a result, they don't have to be hurry filling the class before August like most schools.
For this reason, I am sure there are still seats left.

Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Because the class at Erie Campus won't start until late September (they use quarter system). As a result, they don't have to be hurry filling the class before August like most schools.
For this reason, I am sure there are still seats left.

Good Luck!!

Yes, exactly... I am praying that I get accepted there... I really liked everything during the tour and the interview I think went really well. I am just hoping and praying right now. Actually I really liked the town as well as it gives a cozy feeling.

HI, since you've gone to the tour. Could you tell me what does the Erie campus look like? Is it urban or country based? Don't tell me the pharmacy school is small like many others and only has one building..

Hi Pharmgirlasn,

I attend LECOM Erie now and the School of Pharmacy and the School of Medicine are housed in one large building; the cafeteria & small gym are on the first floor, with Pharmacy labs and offices on the 4th floor and lecture halls, micro lab and anatomy lab on the 2nd floor. The library and bookstore are on the 3rd floor. While it is not a large campus, the school is of modern design and done in all black, white & granite stone /colors with modern & interesting artwork and medical displays on the walls instead of bulletins boards full of papers. It is extremely clean and I have yet to see a scrap of paper laying on the floor in the year I have been there. Food & beverage are not allowed out of the cafeteria which is part of the reason it stays so clean. You may or may not be an advocate of a dress code, but if you are on campus up until 5pm it is professional dress. After 5pm, you can come in casual to use the library, cafeteria, & gym and study rooms. The school has also opened up an off campus student center as well for use by students and student organizations and that is located about 5 minutes from the school on Peach Street. A huge new wellness & fitness facility is also being built next to MillCreek Hospital, minutes from school, that students will be allowed to use as well (visit the school's website for info). Also LECOM staff and fellow students are very nice. But no, it's not a big school (120 pharmacy / 250 school of osteopath) if thats what you are looking for. It is more "urban based" than country; as Erie is a small city. Hope that gives you a better idea.

It is more "urban based" than country; as Erie is a small city. Hope that gives you a better idea.
This may be out of topic.
Any Asian restaurants/farmer market in the area? I care too much about eating..haha..

I am glad that I finally found a LECOM student on SDN. I might need your advice in the future..

How do you think about 3-year program? Do you have time to work during school at all? What is percentage of the students going to residency after graduation?

some good news for the OP, I will be declining my acceptance to LECOM Erie so that will open up a spot.

This may be out of topic.
Any Asian restaurants/farmer market in the area? I care too much about eating..haha..

I am glad that I finally found a LECOM student on SDN. I might need your advice in the future..

How do you think about 3-year program? Do you have time to work during school at all? What is percentage of the students going to residency after graduation?

I have seen Asian restaurants around town but not sure of a farmers market. There are alot of different ethnicities and so there is everything from Italian to Dominican restaurant's plus every single chain restaurant you can think of!

I think the 3 year program is great but certainly intense having to go Sept to Sept straight through with classes. The recommendation I have heard is to limit work hours to 10 or less. Going to school there now, I find 8 hours a week is the max for me, but thats just me. Not sure about a % of students who go onto residency, best to ask the admissions staff about that. I do know that one of the Dr's who is now teaching at LECOM, graduated from LECOM, then did a residency and is now part of LECOM's staff. So sounds like it does happen.

Have a great day.

I have seen Asian restaurants around town but not sure of a farmers market. There are alot of different ethnicities and so there is everything from Italian to Dominican restaurant's plus every single chain restaurant you can think of!

Have a great day.

There's plenty of Asian places, maybe not the best, but still pretty good. There's a farmer's market that's open during the spring - fall on State street near Mercyhurst College and there's a great produce place on Peninsula right down towards Presque Isle. I travel a lot for work and I've eaten in some great Italian restaurants, but Erie has some of the best Italian food I've ever had.

Do most of the students that go to LECOM start their intern hours the summer before they begin, or do they find enough time throughout the 3 years to get them??

Do most of the students that go to LECOM start their intern hours the summer before they begin, or do they find enough time throughout the 3 years to get them??

Yea I wanted to know about that too...

Yea I wanted to know about that too...

Well for intern hours, depending on the state you may be able to get intern hours from your state and then transfer to PA. For me, I think I may leave a month early before classes begin to rack up some intern hours. You need 750 hours apart from the 750 that the school provides. I'm from NY and I don't think I can get intern hours until P2... which suxs because its a 3 year program with no breaks. I'll probably try to get one of my rotations in my hometown so that I can cut down on the cost of living.

Well for intern hours, depending on the state you may be able to get intern hours from your state and then transfer to PA. For me, I think I may leave a month early before classes begin to rack up some intern hours. You need 750 hours apart from the 750 that the school provides. I'm from NY and I don't think I can get intern hours until P2... which suxs because its a 3 year program with no breaks. I'll probably try to get one of my rotations in my hometown so that I can cut down on the cost of living.

They actually make special accomodations for people from New York since New York pharmacy students are not technically interns until after their P1 year. There is a special form that the Pharmacy department at LECOM can fill out and submit to the state. You can then become an intern as soon as you start pharmacy school. I am also from New York, and we discussed this at the interview at Erie.

They actually make special accomodations for people from New York since New York pharmacy students are not technically interns until after their P1 year. There is a special form that the Pharmacy department at LECOM can fill out and submit to the state. You can then become an intern as soon as you start pharmacy school. I am also from New York, and we discussed this at the interview at Erie.

Thanks, I'm in the process of getting all my sheets filled out... let's see drug test, background check, intern license... ohhh boyz.