Lecom Erie has Issues???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanstudent1986

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is true that Lecom Erie has some problems with there program. I'm suspecting this because they were really disorganized with the admission process escpecially with telling us the right pre-reqs that we need to take. I interviewed at USN and the interviewer warned me not to go there if I get accepted becuase the school has issues. I don't know what the issues are but hoping soming could tell me if there are issues.

Members don't see this ad.

does their "issue" affect the bradenton campus???

I don't know about the brad. Fl campus since it is new. I thinking it might be affected since both campuses are one school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know if LECOM has "issues" but there is something wrong. I have heard nothing but bad stories in regards to applications being lost and not being recieved. Luckily my application was recieved but its been sitting there and no one has given me any indication of an interview or rejection. They are making me take two classes, one of which ive already taken, and yet they have given me no response. Im not going to waste my money($2,000) and time to take those classes if they arent even going to give me an interview. Its really frustrating, and when i calll the offices they say they cant give much information over the phone. They just keep saying they are accepting until May. UGH I just hope i get an acceptance for another school.. eeek

I dont know if LECOM has "issues" but there is something wrong. I have heard nothing but bad stories in regards to applications being lost and not being recieved. Luckily my application was recieved but its been sitting there and no one has given me any indication of an interview or rejection. They are making me take two classes, one of which ive already taken, and yet they have given me no response. Im not going to waste my money($2,000) and time to take those classes if they arent even going to give me an interview. Its really frustrating, and when i calll the offices they say they cant give much information over the phone. They just keep saying they are accepting until May. UGH I just hope i get an acceptance for another school.. eeek

I agree. They have had my app since 2/13 and they made no effort to contact me to at least let me know if they received it. I had to email twice just to get a response. I haven't heard anything about their program specifically but the disorganized way the admissions office works doesn't do the school any favors. I would like to hear about anybody else's experience with this school.

I have posted about this already, but I'll post again. My friend applied and got accepted, but they never told her about the pre-req that she still had to take. They contacted her about it when it was too late and why wouldn't accept summer courses. She applied again the year after thinking that they would accept her since they did last year and got rejected. She applied again the third year and was put on the waitlist and finally got accepted. She lost 3 years because of one course. The whole thing could have avoided if they had contacted her sooner or just accepted the summer course. With that being said, I sent my application in back in December and haven't heard anything. I, too, had to contact them to see if they had received my application. I don't even know what they're doing. If they're gonna send out rejection letters, just send them already. Why wait so long?

I think the admissions office is just swamped because the Erie Campus is responsible for both the Bradenton and Erie campus admissions this year....so they're doing double duty. I sent everything in November and didn't hear anything until 3/5.......so don't worry you just may have to wait a little....but hang in there!:)

I as well am waiting to hear back from LECOM Bradenton. I do agree that it has been a while and I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm being patient. They have had my application for 28 days now and have not sent me anything. However, other schools I applied to had my applications for nearly 60 days before sending me anything. The difference was that the other schools applications were due earlier. Since LECOM's deadlines are so late, it just seems like it is taking them so much longer.

Also, you have to give them some slack. It is not easy to get anything worked out without any kinks in the plans the first year it is running. I am sure that they are having many "issues" because of the new Bradenton campus being opened up. The thing that is probably the hardest is that Bradenton doesn't have an admissions committee yet, and therefore, the Erie crew is having to do twice the workload that they normally have to do. That must be stressful for them. On top of it all, they are all working hard to make sure that once the Bradenton students show up that things go as smooth as possible.

They do seem to be working hard though. They answer calls and are super friendly and helpful on the phone. They are willing to take the time to answer questions. They also respond to emails very quickly. It's not like some schools that don't respond, or maybe you get a response a few days later. My emails to LECOM have all been answered within an hour...some as short as 20 min.

Be patient. LECOM has a built itself a great name in the short time it has been around. I hope all of you and myself hear something from them soon. They just finished their final examination period last Friday and don't have students in class again until next Monday, so maybe they'll get a lot done this week!

I guess Erie can use Bradenton as an excuse now. But what about last year, the year before and the year before that?? They weren't organized before. They've always had this kind of problem, but I rarely see any students complain about their program, so it's hard to tell.

I didn't apply to LECOM - but I do remember reading horror story posts last year around this time. An admissions office is an extension of the school. If the admissions office treats you like dirt - imagine the school's attitude towards other pertinent issues (like current students).

The only sure fire way to know however - is to not accept the ramblings of some random poster - but to PM current LECOM students and get the FACTS. The admissions group does seem disorganized and curt - but that may just be the viewpoint from the outside looking in.

~above~

I just got back from touring LECOM Bradenton. The dean said they had an influx of applications last minute, many of which were very strong, but were put on a wait list. Don't quote me but if you haven't heard anything yet.......... it's a wrap. You guys applying post 2007 and complaining (insert smiley with rolling eyes).....APPLY EARLY!!!!!

I just got back from touring LECOM Bradenton. The dean said they had an influx of applications last minute, many of which were very strong, but were put on a wait list. Don't quote me but if you haven't heard anything yet.......... it's a wrap. You guys applying post 2007 and complaining (insert smiley with rolling eyes).....APPLY EARLY!!!!!

Hey flamenco,
I was there for the tour yesterday, what did you think of the place??? I liked it but I'm just suprised they only have one building and the dress code thing is just too much i think.

They have had my application since before Christmas! I have not heard anything other then my application is complete. I keep calling and emailing to get some kind of response out of them, and they only response I get is "We have not made any decisions on your application at this time". Blah... Thisis for LECOM-erie campus.

Members don't see this ad :)

You scared me almost to death! I called LECOM regarding their Bradenton campus. They do still have seats left and are planning on doing interviews through the end of May...so for all of you out there who are still waiting to hear from them...there is still hope...and lots of time (over 2 months of interviews).

Oh, but I do recommend applying early, unless for good reasons you cannot...like your fiance is in they military and although they were supposed to tell him where he was going in November, they waited until Feb 8th to actually tell him.

Hey flamenco,
I was there for the tour yesterday, what did you think of the place??? I liked it but I'm just surprised they only have one building and the dress code thing is just too much i think.

Dress code? haha How dare they! I do all my college shirt shopping at the goodwill personally, you can't beat 2.99 for a tshirt with junior little league written on it or an old AC/DC shirt.
My first day of pharmacy school attire will be......athletic shorts and my favorite bad boys fried chicken house tshirt....unless I find some new gem at the goodwill this summer. When I start making money then I may buy some clothes that someone else hasn't worn before.

Most pharmacies I have been in and ones I have volunteered and worked at have less strict dress code policies than Lake Erie. I see pharmacists wearing sandals and jeans, you are behind a counter most of the day, so who cares.

Hey Bamboo,
I thought the builiding was pretty sharp. Everything was clean and they had the latest tech. I left feeling excited. I hear ya about the dress code; I need to buy more ties..........a lot more. Many schools are starting to adopt a business/professional dress code, you're going to see that in the coming years. I zoned out when she was talking about the girl's dress code, but it seemed excessive. Hey, did you see that Maserati in the back??? Somebody's gettin' paid...............

They have had my application since before Christmas! I have not heard anything other then my application is complete. I keep calling and emailing to get some kind of response out of them, and they only response I get is "We have not made any decisions on your application at this time". Blah... Thisis for LECOM-erie campus.

Same here! my application has been complete since 11/29 ! They emailed me around December saying it was complete , and thats it. I inquired about it in jan, and i got the same response as "We have not made any decisions on your application at this time". Come on, Its been 4 months already, just reject me , or invite me for an interview..
Larry

Hey Bamboo,
I thought the builiding was pretty sharp. Everything was clean and they had the latest tech. I left feeling excited. I hear ya about the dress code; I need to buy more ties..........a lot more. Many schools are starting to adopt a business/professional dress code, you're going to see that in the coming years. I zoned out when she was talking about the girl's dress code, but it seemed excessive. Hey, did you see that Maserati in the back??? Somebody's gettin' paid...............

what? They have a excessive dress code for girl too? I was little bit concerned about that, can you be more specific how a girl dress code be?
And overall, how is the housing and the nearby environment looks? I planned to go with my friend to visit there too in furture.

can you be more specific how a girl dress code be?

From what I gathered during my interview it's pretty much business dress. No shoes without hose, no jeans, etc.

I'm in the same situation! I applied even earlier, mid-august, to Erie campus! They sent me an email saying my application is complete around that time. I called them last month to ask about my application status and they told me to wait until the end of May. I think its time they start sending out their decisions.

I'm in the same situation! I applied even earlier, mid-august, to Erie campus! They sent me an email saying my application is complete around that time. I called them last month to ask about my application status and they told me to wait until the end of May. I think its time they start sending out their decisions.

I sent my application right on the deadline. At this rate, I guess I won't ever hear from them.:)

They told me the same thing, that they will still be interviewing until May. I understand they have the Brandenton campus to worry about as well. However, when you know you will be opening up another pharmacy school, it would seem to me, that you would expect a greater number of applicants this year. With the greater number of applicants it would only make sense to have a greater number of people working on applications. Thats just my opinion, and it speaks to the organization of the schools. Oh well. I dont care if they reject me, I would just like to know now, so I can drop the classes they are requiring me to take and get my full refund. They are the only school that is not accepting my current courses. They are making me retake Calculus, although I have already taken it, the other schools I applied to accept the Calculus course. Oh well.. I guess we will all keep waiting :eek:

I'm in the same boat. My spring quarter doesn't start until next Monday and I'm debating if I should even take the courses that they require. I'm trying to squeeze so many courses in.

what? They have a excessive dress code for girl too? I was little bit concerned about that, can you be more specific how a girl dress code be?
And overall, how is the housing and the nearby environment looks? I planned to go with my friend to visit there too in furture.

yep, she mentioned something about wearing panty hose and i was just like huh??? and the guys have to wear ties all the time.
The housing around there was suprisingly nice, i went to look around with my parents and i was impressed but the apartments have 3-5 month wait list so you might want to contact them early.
oh my dad actually noticed the car (I didn't cos i really don't know much about cars, lol) and someone is definitely making some good money, hopefully that will be me in the next four years, lol.

Same situation here--application was turned in sometime in late November--and I then recieved an application complete email (about 1 month ago)--haven't heard anything since then! :(

Same situation here--application was turned in sometime in late November--and I then recieved an application complete email (about 1 month ago)--haven't heard anything since then! :(

i received the application complete email on february 5 and i did not have an interview until the 1st of march.
Don't give up hope.

Hey guys,
The reason they were slow in response to your application is simply because YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT COMPETITIVE ENOUGH, YOU'RE LATE OR THEY DONT WANT YOU. that's it! Be realistic!:cool:

So....is a 3.93 GPA and a 98% PCAT, BS in Biology and Chemistry, lots of leadership/extracurriculars, and pharmacy volunteer experience not competitive? wow....

I got accepted the third time when I am almost done with my BS wiht a GPA of >3.6

So they finally accepted you when you were almost done bull****ting? Is that what BS stand for?

So they finally accepted you when you were almost done bull****ting? Is that what BS stand for?

That bachelor's degree may have been what pushed his application into the "accepted" pile. If you weren't on the interview board or setting the acceptance criteria, you really don't can't know.

So....is a 3.93 GPA and a 98% PCAT, BS in Biology and Chemistry, lots of leadership/extracurriculars, and pharmacy volunteer experience not competitive? wow....

Apparently not. Again, if you weren't on the board, there's no way for you to know. The other poster may be correct- it's possible that your stuff was received late, or that you totally tanked the interview. It's just as possible you didn't, but there was something else that didn't fit what they were looking for.

There's simply no way to know, and speculating is pointless. Have you contacted the school to see if they'll tell you what came up short?

Some people just don't get jokes

Standard "net"iquette means that you use emoticons such as smileys if you're making a joke. Otherwise, "some people" will only read what you've written, and not presume to guess any hidden meaning.

GIGO, you know.

Apparently not. Again, if you weren't on the board, there's no way for you to know. The other poster may be correct- it's possible that your stuff was received late, or that you totally tanked the interview. It's just as possible you didn't, but there was something else that didn't fit what they were looking for.

There's simply no way to know, and speculating is pointless. Have you contacted the school to see if they'll tell you what came up short?

We are all still waiting to hear from the college. We haven't been rejected. I personally have not heard a word from them. I called yesterday and got the common, "We still have spots and are interviewing through the end of May" comment.

I was posting this to show the person who I was responding to that he shouldn't be such a jerk now that he's been accepted finally. Telling people that they aren't competitive enough or that the school doesn't want them is rude, especially since there are many of us here with great stats still waiting to hear from the college. The fact of the matter is that this school takes its time with interviews and acceptances. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just how they do it. No one should give up hope yet.

Standard "net"iquette means that you use emoticons such as smileys if you're making a joke. Otherwise, "some people" will only read what you've written, and not presume to guess any hidden meaning.

GIGO, you know.

Are you serious! HA!

This is the second year for me and my friend applying LECOM. I applied Bradenton campus this year but my friend applied Erie campus this year. We both sent application around early September and my friend got interview on January and I got interview on February. Our both stats are not great as most of you are but we both got accepted. So, i guess those who applied after December, you need to wait.

All of these experiences are very curious... I'll share mine and what I know. I had everything submitted the last week in Jan. PharmCAS mailed off their part the 1st week in Feb. I received an email this week telling me the applications have been received and it states the course I need to complete.

This is what I know, there are 2 other people I know from my classes that have applied and submitted everything after I did. They both received the same email I described above, the 1st week of Mar. (The one person I know had the supplemental application submitted right before the deadline date.) They both received interviews on the exact same day about 2 weeks later, which is this week. They both suspect applications are being processed in alphabetical order instead of the order which they receive applications in the mail. They both have last names that start early in the alphabet, while mine is right about the middle. It seems their theory may be valid... but who knows.

They both suspect applications are being processed in alphabetical order instead of the order which they receive applications in the mail. They both have last names that start early in the alphabet, while mine is right about the middle. It seems their theory may be valid... but who knows.

Yikes! Mine starts with an M!! I hope that's not true! I don't think it is...that wouldn't seem right since it's supposed to be rolling admissions?

Yikes! Mine starts with an M!! I hope that's not true! I don't think it is...that wouldn't seem right since it's supposed to be rolling admissions?

Yeah, when I spoke to admissions they told me it is "rolling"/process applications in the order which they receive them. But there's evidence to the contrary as I stated above.

I'm waiting to hear from Bradenton, but I applied there late b/c I didn't find out about it until late. Anyways, my last name begins with "W" so if they are doing it by alphabet, then I will never hear.:p