Lecom Erie Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

I got my acceptance letter to LECOM on Easter. I also applied to WVU, but haven't heard anything yet. Any advice about choosing a school if I get in to both? Also feel free to talk to me. It would be nice to get to know a lot of people before September. Thanks!

hey

congratulations on your acceptance! either school seems very good, it might all depend on whether you would like the 3-year program that LECOM offers as opposed to the normal 4-year program that WVU offers. Either way, just wanted to say hello and good luck with your decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Have any of you decided for sure when you will be moving to Erie?

Have any of you decided for sure when you will be moving to Erie?

I haven't decided for sure yet, it all depends on when my roommates will be moving. I'm thinking about the beginning of Sept though as the earliest I would move because I think classes don't start till late Sept.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got accepted, just wonder did your guys receive a complete package other than just the acceptance letter?
I just got the letter of acceptance from LECOm with matriculation agreement form...was that all they sent out to those who got accepted?

thanks

For those who got accepted, just wonder did your guys receive a complete package other than just the acceptance letter?
I just got the letter of acceptance from LECOm with matriculation agreement form...was that all they sent out to those who got accepted?

thanks

Yes to your question, it's all I received. I just received last week their Financial Aid information, it's fairly generic and non-specific.

Yes to your question, it's all I received. I just received last week their Financial Aid information, it's fairly generic and non-specific.

Thanks LECOMorBUST

I decided to go for LECOM this fall....I'm kind of exciting and worried as well...Have you been to the campus? just wonder what it's like..

Thanks LECOMorBUST

I decided to go for LECOM this fall....I'm kind of exciting and worried as well...Have you been to the campus? just wonder what it's like..

hi , when did you have your interview??

Thanks LECOMorBUST

I have only seen the outside of the campus up close, I live not very far from the school. The campus is more like 1 main building with maybe 1 other side building, not entirely sure. The buildings look fairly impressive, though you get a sense for them on the school's site. Can't say anything about the interior of the school, never took one of their tours. I know someone who has and they were impressed.

I got my application in around mid-februrary. I still haven't even gotten a interview or a rejection letter. Is there any hope left or is it basically over since its almost mid-April?!
Hey... I also sent in my application to LECOM around mid feb and STILL haven't heard n-e-thing... I think when I called them, they said they received everything, but they can't seem to give me n-e-other answer... the lady just keeps telling me that they are reviewing applications till sometime in May.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI,
Got a housing package from LECOM in the mail. So y'all may want to check your mail.

Does anyone know if LECOM is still calling for interviews or is it too late?

I think that they have interviews through april and will send out all acceptance letters sometime in the middle of may. there might still be a chance for an interview though it's not that far into may yet.

BTW. I just received my housing packet and didn't see any roommate info just many options on where to rent from, so right now I am looking for either 1 or 2 roommates. If anyone is interested send me an email at [email protected] or post a reply on the forum. :)

FYI,
Got a housing package from LECOM in the mail. So y'all may want to check your mail.

I just received the same packet, fairly worthless for me considering I live less than a mile from the school. Wish the financial aid determination would get sent out sooner than July.

I just received the same packet, fairly worthless for me considering I live less than a mile from the school. Wish the financial aid determination would get sent out sooner than July.

Yeah. I don't like finding out at the last minute about what the finanicial aid situation for me is going to be like. Have you bought a laptop yet?

I just got an email from lecom the beginning of last week stating that my application was being processed. I submitted it the beginning of febuary. My nerves are shot and at this point I am not sure if I have a chance this late in the game.

Hey soccergirl, I am definately interested in finding some roommates in Erie. Have you been looking for places? Or do you already have one?

Hey soccergirl, I am definately interested in finding some roommates in Erie. Have you been looking for places? Or do you already have one?

I just started looking for a place, there are so many choices. I definitely want to know who I'm rooming with before I sign a lease though. What about you, have you started looking or know where your going to live yet?

Yeah. I don't like finding out at the last minute about what the finanicial aid situation for me is going to be like. Have you bought a laptop yet?

I currently have a laptop, though it is a good 4 years old if not older. I will be on the hunt for a new one sooner or later, perhaps when "sales" for the new school year kicks in. I do not take the laptop "requirement" seriously at all. I highly doubt the courses will "require" use of a laptop during lecture, it seems to me they are more interested in the look of having students utilize technology. I hear there are students in general who do not have a computer at all and I imagine LECOM "requires" a laptop for every student to eliminate the associated disadvantage of the few who do not have a PC. Could be wrong, I know someone going to graduate soon so I will ask them about the laptop deal.

Does anyone know if LECOM requires that all 3 Hepatitis B vaccines be done by the time school starts? I got one dose last week, and will get the second in June, but wont be able to get the third dose until October or November. Also, do they require titers for Hepatitis B if you havent gotten all three shots done?

I recieved a letter from LECOM Erie saying that I was put on the waitlist. I had to accept or delcine my status. Of course I accepted. Anyone know much about the waitlist as far as how many are on there etc etc? Also, I was waitlisted WITHOUT an interview. How does that work?

BTW. I just received my housing packet and didn't see any roommate info just many options on where to rent from, so right now I am looking for either 1 or 2 roommates. If anyone is interested send me an email at [email protected] or post a reply on the forum. :)

Soccergirl, I need a place as well....have you found one yet?

Check your mail again if you're needing a roomate. They have sent out a roomate form you can fill out so they can help you find a roomate.

Thanks StringTheorist! I will definitely let everyone know! The thing is how do I interpret an interview this late? On their web site, and on pharmcas, they state everything is done by the end of April, and all candidates will be notified by the beginning of May. Therefore, my question to everyone is why they would interview me this late, while there are ppl still on waitlist? The weird thing about the whole situation is because I was talking with my parents about my options for next year ( working full time), and how Lecom never got back to me. I said " Why don't they just send me a rejection letter already, my application has be done since November!!!" Not even 5 secs later I got a phone call, and a on the spot phone interview from LECOM!!!! After the interview , she was telling me the dress code, and mandatory attendance policy. In addition, she mentioned that I could do my rotations at home, and specifically how many hours I needed. I just don't know, I really hope I get accepted . How long did it take for everyone to hear back after their interview??? Sry for the long post.
Larry

Hey anyone know if you can apply to both campus location the erie one and the new one in the same year?

:)
Does anyone know if LECOM requires that all 3 Hepatitis B vaccines be done by the time school starts? I got one dose last week, and will get the second in June, but wont be able to get the third dose until October or November. Also, do they require titers for Hepatitis B if you havent gotten all three shots done?

I was wondering........did you all got health history and physical exam form?
I checked online on their website there is nothing there.
how do we find all required vaccines and tests?

do they mail us?
I haven't received anything yet. did you?
let me know
thank you

Does anyone know if LECOM is still calling for interviews or is it too late?

I just received a phone call on Monday and they wanted to interview me by a 30 minute phone call. I rejected and said that I was already going to attend another pharm school.

Hey guys as much as I am excited about being accepted to LECOM, I am also concerned about the intensity of the course. I used to take at least 13 credit hrs every semester with full time job. I don't know if it is going to be more intense than that. do you still think that it will be hard with me not planing not to work?

Second, price wise approximately how much money do you think I will owe once I finish the 3 yr? (tution,living expense and everything else included?

Are there any students here that went to LECOM that can share some of their experiences with LECOM? How did they manage the rigor and the cold:) ?

Any reply is helpful......thanks.

Marco.

Are students for LECOM class of 2010 starting their 750 intern hours before classes start in September. If you are, are you interning for pay? Do you have a preceptor? I am confused because I don't know if you can start interning before you even enter pharm school.

:)

I was wondering........did you all got health history and physical exam form?
I checked online on their website there is nothing there.
how do we find all required vaccines and tests?

do they mail us?
I haven't received anything yet. did you?
let me know
thank you

The school will send you a complete package of what need to be done. I just got the package, just don't know where to start. There is so many things on the lists.

Are students for LECOM class of 2010 starting their 750 intern hours before classes start in September. If you are, are you interning for pay? Do you have a preceptor? I am confused because I don't know if you can start interning before you even enter pharm school.

I don't think you can starting interning until you are in your first year of pharmacy school. I work as a pharmacy tech at Giant right now and I asked one of the recruiters when they came into our store. He told me to give him a call in Nov, so that I could start interning on my Christmas break. I'm not sure if this is a specific requirement of Giant or every pharmacy though. Also I was looking at LECOM's curriculum and they have a whole semester in the summer dedicated to an externship after our first year. This could be where we get our 750 hrs since we don't have summers off. If anyone knows for sure could they let us all know? Thanks.

I don't think you can starting interning until you are in your first year of pharmacy school. I work as a pharmacy tech at Giant right now and I asked one of the recruiters when they came into our store. He told me to give him a call in Nov, so that I could start interning on my Christmas break. I'm not sure if this is a specific requirement of Giant or every pharmacy though. Also I was looking at LECOM's curriculum and they have a whole semester in the summer dedicated to an externship after our first year. This could be where we get our 750 hrs since we don't have summers off. If anyone knows for sure could they let us all know? Thanks.

You can intern in PA once you've been accepted into pharmacy school. So you can start your intern hours this summer. As far as I know, we earn 750 intern hours during our course work (rotations, etc) and 750 other hours we're responsible for earning on our own. So it is my understanding that the externship semester will only count towards the 750 hours we gain through the course of our education and does not count towards the 750 intern hours we are required to get on our own, outside of class rotations.

You can intern in PA once you've been accepted into pharmacy school. So you can start your intern hours this summer. As far as I know, we earn 750 intern hours during our course work (rotations, etc) and 750 other hours we're responsible for earning on our own. So it is my understanding that the externship semester will only count towards the 750 hours we gain through the course of our education and does not count towards the 750 intern hours we are required to get on our own, outside of class rotations.

Does that 750 hrs intern have to be done in PA?

Does that 750 hrs intern have to be done in PA?
No, you can earn those hours in your state as long as you get an intern license from you state. Some state requires that you start pharmacy school before you can earn intern hours..Penn lets you start earning hours before school starts...

No, you can earn those hours in your state as long as you get an intern license from you state. Some state requires that you start pharmacy school before you can earn intern hours..Penn lets you start earning hours before school starts...

Thanks for the info.

people who got into lecome erie, what were ur stats (gpa b/c i guess they dont require pcat) :)

The school will send you a complete package of what need to be done. I just got the package, just don't know where to start. There is so many things on the lists.

Yes, I just received the package. there are many things to get done with.

How old are all of y'all? I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only one that will be taking my geritol before class and studying in my rocking chair. (I'm 34)

How old are all of y'all? I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only one that will be taking my geritol before class and studying in my rocking chair. (I'm 34)

I'm 20 Glowwyrm..but don't feel bad..I think lecom has a number of students in their 30s..

Don't worry about the age. I am sure this calss is gonna be wonderful. It doesn't mater how old each student is, how many degrees each one has but, the exciting thing is that we are all on the same boat. right??????????

Amen to " We are all in the same boat." May be not interms of age but we share the same educational interest and goal that is why we are in the same boat. Hey and I am 30 and don't feel old yet:D .

Does LECOM require we have our own car? what if I don't have one?

Don't worry about the age. I am sure this calss is gonna be wonderful. It doesn't mater how old each student is, how many degrees each one has but, the exciting thing is that we are all on the same boat. right??????????

Does LECOM require we have our own car? what if I don't have one?

I don't think a car is required. I believe Erie has a bus system so that should take care of any problems not having a car might cause. Plus if you're going somewhere for school, I'm sure it'll be really easy just to catch a ride with a classmate.

For those who already got their financial aid application done, do you really have to put the exact amount of your bank's current balance? Will they check with your bank? I haven't done this for so long.

thanks