lecom interview Oct 22

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wsu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an interview at Lake Erie on Oct.22 and was wondering if anyone else is going to? Does anyone know what the interview is like and their impressions of the school besides it being small and all. All infor. would be apreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

As of this posting, www.interviewfeedback.com has three recent responses from students that had interviewed at LECOM this month. I am interviewing there Monday Oct. 15th. When I return from my interview I will post a response at the above mentioned site. There's many responses from previous application cycles there, as well the recent ones. Good luck!

thanks for you help and i aslo wish you good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am a current MS1 student at LECOM. be prepared to read a 2 page article and be drilled on it by the admissions comittee.
one thing that i do not like about the school, we are not allowed to wear scrubs at all!!

response time for interviews is 2-4 weeks. they interview about 800 students for approximately 160 spots.

Hi, I interviewed on October 1, and I was not impressed. Also, they are not sending out acceptance/rejection letters this year until after November 15th so that everyone will only have 30 days to decide (as opposed to sending them earlier and letting the applicants have until December 14th to send in a payment). Kind of set the mood for the interview... Best of luck! :) I hope you have a better impression than I did.

Go to interviewfeedback for a couple of recent posts (mine included). As for what Palcaregrly says, it may have been true when he/she interviewed, but when I interviewed I was told that there were no more waivers, all accepted applicants would be given until Dec. 15th to decide. They said the old policy was unfair.

zorro21-what do you wear during anatomy if you don't wear scrubs? or do you just mean to other classes you can't wear scrubs. I am interviewing on the 29th, and from some previous posts and from someone I met at my last interview, no one is that impressed by LECOM. What would you say are it's pros?

I just wanted to talk about the dress code at Lecom. I'm a first year and I thought the whole dress code thing would be hard but it's not. They want us to be professional. In developing us into well rounded physicians, they are trying to instill in us professionalism. No, we don't wear scrubs at all on campus. Eventhough anybody these days can wear scrubs, we are not allowed to. I don't think it's to be cruel but we kind of have to prove that we deserve to wear "scrubs" and we don't do that until we pass the first two years of school and the first part of the boards (this is simply my opinion...this is not the official reason why we cannot wear scrubs). To me, it's just stepping stones that we are taking along our journey to become the best doctors ever. We have little steps and rewards throughout our four years here. For instance, we don't have our white coat ceremony until after our first semester. To me, the first semester is one of the worst experiences of my life. If I can make it to my second semester, I know I'll be able to finish school and I'll feel that I truly earned my "white coat."

Oh yeah, about gross anatomy lab, we usually just wear old clothes that we plan on getting rid of after the semester. The smell seems to never leave the clothes so I wouldn't want to wear a pair of my good scrubs in there anyway.

Hope this helps. :D