Lecom-isp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neeja

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-- I wanted to know if anyone else was doing ISP this fall, as well get some contact info for current MSII's in ISP. I have a million and one questions...
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am in ISP as of now. I am trying to get into LDP. But I don't think its gonna happen. So I probably will stay in ISP, I hope its suitable for me, I have so many questions as well. Most people tell me its great though, cuz you can go to the good lectures and skip the bad ones and just study instead and not worry about attendance. You can really pace yourself out nicely, and perhaps have some sort of life beyond LECOM? I don't think it will be so bad, as long as one maintains a good work ethic.

Dr. Sliqq,
why do you think it'll be hard to get into Lecture? Are there not spots left or something? Just curious, bc i heard it's quite easy to switch to lecture...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
I am a second year but I'm in PBL. I have a few good friends in ISP because we get to hang out a lot together, so I may be able to answer some of your questions.
As far as switching from one pathway to another it is possible. I switched from LDP to PBL in the second week of school but so as not to mislead you, it wasn't easy. I don't imagine that going from ISP to LDP would be much easier and I can't think of anyone last year that did it.
Anyway I'll give your questions a try if you want and in the mean time I'll try to get my ISP friends to look at this thread.
Later.

I have spoken to the admissions people many times, and they are very anal about switching pathways. According to them, all the pathways are full, and just because students may WANT to switch pathways, doesnt mean that they will be permitted to. I don't understand the logic behind why you cant choose your pathway after admission, but thats the way it seems to be. Perhaps, if too many people complain they might loosen up, but they seem pretty rigid right now.

I was in LDP up until a week ago. Now I'm in PBL-but I was also on the waitlist. My spot in LDP could now be occupied by a PBLer or it's open because someone in PBL dropped out- you never know. You'll get mixed messages on here: some people are pro- LDP, while others wish they didn't have to sit in lecture all day and they don't seem to like LECOM as much as a result of it.
But what do I know? :p

Dr_Sax

Dr_Sax,
glad to hear you got off the waitlist...I'm still on, I'll be on forever.....:mad:

Well I was on the pathway waitlist....I was already accepted into the school.
I wish you the best.

Dr_Sax

Thought I'd chime in. I'll be an ISP'er in two weeks also. See you at TGI Friday's on the 29th.

KylieP54,
If school starts and you are still on the wait-list I would apply to the post-bacc program unless your already accepted to other schools.
Two years ago at this time I was on three waitlists and never got rejection letters until the end of July and one the begining of August. I applied to the post-bacc first week of August and was accepted the second week.
Usually the post-bacc doesn't start until the begining of September.
It is not a bad way to spend a year and you'll get to meet a lot of the prof's you'll have as an MSI.
Hopefully you get off the wait-list for this year though.
Later

Non-Trad DO,
Yes, I applied to the post bacc and got in. I applied a week after I got my waitlist letter in March. however, I am afraid ad coms isn't placing so much emphasize on accepting me bc i did apply to their post bacc and sent in my deposit, so I am going. I really hope this is not what they are doing-I know a lot of people have already gotten off the list, and I've done EVERYTHING I possibly could to tell them I'm interested and LECOM is my number one choice..obviously, applyin and accepting their post bacc should give them that clue, but I haven't gotten a call yet. I even wrote the president and the dean, twice. I will be attending the post bacc and I know it won't hurt at all, it'll just help me in the long run. I'm just so anxious to get in and all for this year. THanks for the advice,
KylieP54