lecom match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpl291

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the 2010 or 11 match list for lecom?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
http://www.lecom.edu/pros_lecomlife...atch-for-residencies-in-2008./76/0/1943/14416

I know you probably already found this, as its all I could find as well for LECOM residency match results. SURE would be nice if there were up to date statistics out there somewhere for ALL the schools in a nice neat format that is east to read. The information is there somewhere, I mean school’s know where each of their graduates matched, its just if they want to take the time to put it in a readable format for others to see and interpret. But, that being said, I know the reason I look for such information is to see if the "school" I'm looking at has graduates going into the specialty I'm considering. But, as I've seen posted on SDN before, a lot of that has to do with the individual students in each class, so it can change significantly from year to year.

Search for a thread containing the 2010 match list. The 2011 list hasn't been released yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't find one when I searched 2009,10,11. That's why I posted.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the numbers for EM, anesthesia, and ortho.

Thanks!

for the past 3 yrs I've seen 12-20 go EM from LECOM E, probably 50% going Allo. This is a VERY rough ball park (I dont have the documents on hand)

The 2011 erie and bradenton match lists are on the portal for the current lecom students to look at.

I'm interested in the numbers for EM, anesthesia, and ortho.

Thanks!

Isn't LECOM the school that guarantees either an Ortho, Rads, Gas, or Derm residency placement upon matriculation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly tho, is the LECOM 2011 Match list out or not? I would like to see it if it is.

No. If I remember correctly it wasn't uploaded to the portal last year until September.

Well that makes sense, cause of course it wouldn't help current applicants to know where there classmates successfully matched.

1.) How many percentage of people do not get a match??? from LECOM

and
2.)Is it hard for an LECOM student to get matched for UPMC system?
3.) What are the percentages (or number of people is also fine) for
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center,
UPMC mercy,
UPMC Shadyside,
UPMC Margaret,
and also Allegheny General/West Penn Hospital

1.) How many percentage of people do not get a match??? from LECOM

No idea. They don't provide this information to us.

2.)Is it hard for an LECOM student to get matched for UPMC system?

Depends on which hospital you are wanting. Is it hard to get UPMC Horizon from LECOM? Nope because that's a LECOM affiliate. Is it hard to get UPCM Presby? I'd imagine it would be, just depends on which residency you want

3.) What are the percentages (or number of people is also fine) for
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center,
UPMC mercy,
UPMC Shadyside,
UPMC Margaret,
and also Allegheny General/West Penn Hospital

What percentages are you wanting? Number of students applying for those spots? Number of residents at those hospitals from LECOM? If it's the latter, go on the residency webpage for the hospital and you can find it out.

I'll attach the match list from 2011

Attachments

• LECOM 2011 Match List.pdf
    30.7 KB · Views: 879
Are there really 343 people in each class? Or is that a list of several of the LECOM schools?

Actually it's only the Erie and Bradenton campuses. SH hasn't had a class match yet. They will match students next year (Feb/Mar of 2013).

What exactly is the difference between an Allo rsidency and a DO residency?

When you start actually practising, woud a Orthopedic from Allo residency make more than an Orthopedic from DO residency?

When you start actually practising, woud a Orthopedic from Allo residency make more than an Orthopedic from DO residency?

No...you need to do some research on the whole DO/MD deal. Do some searches. To make it short and simple DO = MD. Just like DDS = DMD for dentists

Or you could just tell me?

Nobody has the time to sit down and summarize everything for you, plus your original question is very open ended. There are tons of resources to get more information that allow you to see various opinions and separate the fact from crap. These forums have been open for over a decade, happy hunting.

Telling people "just tell me" is an easy way to piss posters off. I highly recommend not saying it again.

To get you started:
1) a MYRIAD of other threads and forums here on SDN, as was said, the search function is your best friend.
2) https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/viewProgramSearch.do
3) http://www.opportunities.osteopathic.org/

Good luck.

Last edited:
Nobody has the time to sit down and summarize everything for you, plus your original question is very open ended. There are tons of resources to get more information that allow you to see various opinions and separate the fact from crap. These forums have been open for over a decade, happy hunting. Telling people "just tell me" is an easy way to piss posters off. I highly recommend not saying it again.

Also, people who want to be spoon fed tend not to do well in med school.

Last edited:
Nobody has the time to sit down and summarize everything for you, plus your original question is very open ended. There are tons of resources to get more information that allow you to see various opinions and separate the fact from crap. These forums have been open for over a decade, happy hunting.

Telling people "just tell me" is an easy way to piss posters off. I highly recommend not saying it again.

To get you started:
1) a MYRIAD of other threads and forums here on SDN, as was said, the search function is your best friend.
2) https://freida.ama-assn.org/Freida/user/viewProgramSearch.do
3) http://www.opportunities.osteopathic.org/

Good luck.

You deserve a nice swift kick to the backside.

I work at a mental hospital...you need to try much harder if you want to insult me.

Wasn't an insult. It was a statement.

This has been an interesting day. My innocent DO vs. MD question has caused a riot on this board. I think Ill just stick to the MCAT forum lol.

Wasn't an insult. It was a statement.

This has been an interesting day. My innocent DO vs. MD question has caused a riot on this board. I think Ill just stick to the MCAT forum lol.

Reading your above posts...

You are an idiot. You asked the most common question on these forums. It literally gets asked once a week. Do a search.

You definitely have an attitude as the above poster stated, work on it

I don't have any attitude. You are the ones with attitude. I just honestly wanted to know the difference between an allo residency and a DO residency. In the time you've spent lecturing me, you could have simply told me what you knew, in two consise sentences.

If med school students have this kind of attitude, I can't imagine how rotations are going to be.

Thanks for no help whatsoever, I've already gotten the answer myself. Good bye lol.

I don't have any attitude. You are the ones with attitude. I just honestly wanted to know the difference between an allo residency and a DO residency. In the time you've spent lecturing me, you could have simply told me what you knew, in two consise sentences.

If med school students have this kind of attitude, I can't imagine how rotations are going to be.

Thanks for no help whatsoever, I've already gotten the answer myself. Good bye lol.

Was that SO hard??

People don't want to tell you the answer BECAUSE that question is asked SO often on SDN that a quick simple search would yield the answer. Answering the same question over the years gets old. It was for your own benefit not to tell you the answer so that you can learn to search these forums (that way discovering the mass amount of good material on here).

Rotations: Well if you show up to rotations silly questions that yes people are going to not like you. Other than that, there is no reason people would act that way towards you

Really. How many times has this dead horse been beaten on thise forums??
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO