Lecom (OOS) vs. Louisville (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kauldrix

Reaction score
Out of state for both schools so just looking for some insight into each school since price is about the same. Read some things about Lecom and was wondering if their reputation has improved.

Members don't see this ad.

Visit them both in person if you can. See where you’d rather live and spend 4 years of your life

LECOM should be cheaper than Louisville. I think the tuition alone is 55k/yr vs. 74k/yr. And you can't get instate for Louisville. I'd talk to LECOM students tho. to gain better insight on their experiences

Reactions: 1 users
Lecom is in a beautiful location, should be cheaper, and they give you lots of clinical experience. Moving that 4th year might suck so if that is not something you want to do then...yeah. It does mean that as a D3 you are not having to share with the D4 class. You get to take on more complex cases and there are plenty of patients flowing through. Also, you get your own operatory the entire D3 year. D4 year you are in clinic full time (7am - 1pm or 1pm - 7pm).

Louisville is a cool city but...when I drove by the school it didn't seem like the safest area. I felt the opposite at lecom.