OP
FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,420
6
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Canuck99 said:
Just think, you will be dealing with your schools administration and faculty for four years. Hospitality and support are very important. WVSOM has gone above and beyond my expectations for a cooperative staff. No other school has made me feel more welcome.
That is so true. I also prefer smaller class size...150 or so. What state are you from?
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
FutureDocDO said:
That is so true. I also prefer smaller class size...150 or so. What state are you from?

Dallas, Texas. So I will be a long way from home. Another thing that liked about the school, is that it seems as though WVSOM is the center of Lewisburg. The people of the city really cater to the students and are always doing something to help them out.

What state are you from?
 

DRIAM7

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2005
13
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Watch out for that Erie winter! It's NOT like the Midwest! More snow sooner, definitely! And LECOM's mandatory professional dress code can suck in the winter, when you may want to go to the library and study or go review a test on a non-class day and have to dress up just to do so!
 

JohnUC33

A Stinkin Conservative
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2005
504
0
36
TN
Status
I just wanted to say that I'm strongly leaning towards WVSOM. I'm from TN. I just sent in my deposit yesterday so I'm like 98% there.
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
JohnUC33 said:
I just wanted to say that I'm strongly leaning towards WVSOM. I'm from TN. I just sent in my deposit yesterday so I'm like 98% there.

Same here, sent my deposit about three days ago. Just have to wait and see what TCOM decides.
 
OP
FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,420
6
Status
Resident [Any Field]
JohnUC33 said:
I just wanted to say that I'm strongly leaning towards WVSOM. I'm from TN. I just sent in my deposit yesterday so I'm like 98% there.
Did you also send one to PCSOM? Where else have you been accepted? I haven't sent in my deposit yet... LECOM-PA nor WVSOM. I will overnight my deposit on Monday to WVSOM, I think.
 

JohnUC33

A Stinkin Conservative
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2005
504
0
36
TN
Status
FutureDocDO said:
Did you also send one to PCSOM? Where else have you been accepted? I haven't sent in my deposit yet... LECOM-PA nor WVSOM. I will overnight my deposit on Monday to WVSOM, I think.
No, I haven't sent one to PSCOM. Money is tight right now so I won't send one in to them unless I FOR SURE change my mind before the January 6th deadline. I only interviewed at PSCOM and WVSOM and got accepted at both. I applied to LECOM--FL and PCOM--Atl. Both LECOM and PCOM somehow did not "notice" my application being complete for months now until I called yesterday. Read my "I'm upset" thread in the pre-osteopathic forum. Needless to say, I will be pulling out of those two schools soon. Where are your other choices?
 
OP
FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,420
6
Status
Resident [Any Field]
JohnUC33 said:
No, I haven't sent one to PSCOM. Money is tight right now so I won't send one in to them unless I FOR SURE change my mind before the January 6th deadline. I only interviewed at PSCOM and WVSOM and got accepted at both. I applied to LECOM--FL and PCOM--Atl. Both LECOM and PCOM somehow did not "notice" my application being complete for months now until I called yesterday. Read my "I'm upset" thread in the pre-osteopathic forum. Needless to say, I will be pulling out of those two schools soon. Where are your other choices?
Just LECOM-PA and WVSOM.
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
FutureDocDO said:
Just LECOM-PA and WVSOM.
Still have not decided yet?
 
OP
FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,420
6
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Canuck99 said:
Still have not decided yet?
Not yet. I will by Monday afternoon when I will be getting that cashiers check out via express mail. :)
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
FutureDocDO said:
Not yet. I will by Monday afternoon when I will be getting that cashiers check out via express mail. :)

WVSOM, its the way to go. I sent my deposit a few days ago.
 

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
2,274
2
Some freakin corn field in Iowa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Canuck99 said:
WVSOM, its the way to go. I sent my deposit a few days ago.
I agree. Although I won't be going there next year, it was one of my favorites (of schools I was accepted into). You need to go where YOU feel you will thrive. Good luck. I guess you can't go wrong with either one. :thumbup:
 
OP
FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
1,420
6
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've decided to send that 2K deposit to WVSOM. I liked LECOM as well but it seems like they're too strict on rules. I sent it via EXPRESS MAIL this afternoon and should be there on the 14th.
 

Raven Feather

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
791
0
Status
FutureDocDO said:
I've decided to send that 2K deposit to WVSOM. I liked LECOM as well but it seems like they're too strict on rules. I sent it via EXPRESS MAIL this afternoon and should be there on the 14th.
I knew you would choose WV! I know it was a hard decision. I was eager to know where you decided.

WVSOM, here you come!!
 

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
10,919
1,119
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
FutureDocDO said:
I've decided to send that 2K deposit to WVSOM. I liked LECOM as well but it seems like they're too strict on rules. I sent it via EXPRESS MAIL this afternoon and should be there on the 14th.
yay! congrats on making a decision. i know we're all different, but that's the decision i'd make, too. :) wvsom seemed like such a nice school in a cool little town.
 

neo3777

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
18
0
Status
aww reading these posts about LECOM only make me want to go there more!
 

HooahDOc

15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
5,783
862
Status
Attending Physician
exlawgrrl said:
yay! congrats on making a decision. i know we're all different, but that's the decision i'd make, too. :) wvsom seemed like such a nice school in a cool little town.
Did you ever decide? I can't remember