LECOM Pharmacy C/O 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations for your acceptance!

Do you know your acceptance by letter or just checking on your LECOM portal account?

I ended up calling them once the status in the portal changed. Haven't received the letter yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations for your acceptance!

Do you know your acceptance by letter or just checking on your LECOM portal account?

Like @AnxiousPharm said. I emailed them after my status changed on the portal and I was told I was accepted. I revieved the acceptance letter yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey! For people applying to the distance program, how do you feel about actually studying to be a pharmacist online? Don't y'all think it's going to be very difficult. I'm worried

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! For people applying to the distance program, how do you feel about actually studying to be a pharmacist online? Don't y'all think it's going to be very difficult. I'm worried

I'm actually looking forward to being able to study on a (modified) self-study basis..... if I get accepted, that is. I find that I actually have more time to study for online courses, honestly. I think it's because lectures can be viewed whenever I feel like watching them. How about you? BTW, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask what your GPA/PCAT stats are?

I'm actually looking forward to being able to study on a (modified) self-study basis..... if I get accepted, that is. I find that I actually have more time to study for online courses, honestly. I think it's because lectures can be viewed whenever I feel like watching them. How about you? BTW, if you don't mind sharing, can I ask what your GPA/PCAT stats are?
I feel that pharmacy school is generally a difficult process and being alone with no classmate interaction and group work and a professor in my face, I'm not sure if I'll succeed in the program. The reason why Lecom is my choice is because I can't move out of my city and I have applied to University of Houston and Texas southern but have not heard back from them. My gpa is 3.5 and low Pcat score of 20 composite. I just received an acceptance letter from Xavier Louisiana, so if Lecom or the Houston universities don't accept me I'll be needing to do a lot of convincing to my parents!

I feel that pharmacy school is generally a difficult process and being alone with no classmate interaction and group work and a professor in my face, I'm not sure if I'll succeed in the program. The reason why Lecom is my choice is because I can't move out of my city and I have applied to University of Houston and Texas southern but have not heard back from them. My gpa is 3.5 and low Pcat score of 20 composite. I just received an acceptance letter from Xavier Louisiana, so if Lecom or the Houston universities don't accept me I'll be needing to do a lot of convincing to my parents!

Good luck with everything. Have you received an interview invite to LECOM's Distance Program yet?

Good luck with everything. Have you received an int
Like @AnxiousPharm said. I emailed them after my status changed on the portal and I was told I was accepted. I revieved the acceptance letter yesterday.
Congrats guys on you acceptance. so I got "admissions committee has made a decision on your application, a letter will arrive in 10days to let you know the decision". This happened a week after I interviewed with LECOM Erie. Is it good or a bad thing since the response was quick. I really nervous now

Last edited:
Congrats guys on you acceptance. so I got "admissions committee has made a decision on your application, a letter will arrive in 10days to let you know the decision". This happened a week after I interviewed with LECOM Erie. Is it good or a bad thing since the response was quick. I really nervous now

Call the admissions office and ask them about your status. Hopefully you are in!

Congratulations! Can I ask when your interview is and is LECOM Erie your top choice?
It was on 1/13 and LECOM was my second choice. But I love LECOM Erie's 3year program so I will be satisfied if my first doesn't pick me

It was on 1/13 and LECOM was my second choice. But I love LECOM Erie's 3year program so I will be satisfied if my first doesn't pick me
My interview was 1/12 and I was accepted too. LECOM Erie is my first choice. I hope we are classmates ☺

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is LECOM's Distance Program your top choice for pharmacy school?
It's one of my top choices. It will be my only choice if I don't get accepted in Texas southern in Houston. Because I can't move to attend school

Not yet. I've been checking every morning and night.

Same message "It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision."

Last edited:
I received an interview email on Wednesday for feb 11 for the distance pathway program :)

Last edited:
I will be deferring my acceptance. I was accepted at my first choice.

Best of luck to all of you!

I was accepted today at LECOMB! Any questions feel free to contact me :).
Congrats!

I was invited for an interview in February. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I was hoping you could tell me how was the day of the interview, how many people interviewed you and what type of questions did they ask.

Not yet. I've been checking every morning and night.

Same message "It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision."
It said the same thing on mine for a week after my interview and it changed to a decision has been made and I received my acceptance letter the following day after my status said a decision has been. So just keep your fingers crossed.

I received an interview email on Wednesday for feb 11 for the distance pathway program :)

My Interview is scheduled for the same day! I applied to the 4 yr. traditional pathway and the distance pathway!

Congrats! I have an interview 2/11. How was the interview?
Congrats!

I was invited for an interview in February. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. I was hoping you could tell me how was the day of the interview, how many people interviewed you and what type of questions did they ask.
Hello!

Don't be nervous. Everyone is very welcoming. The interview was very laid back but remember what you are there for. The best advice I can give you is if you really want to get into the program and school, demonstrate interest at all times. I asked everyone questions ( maybe already have some written down). I asked questions to my interviewer as well.

I researched on google the top 50 most common asked questions. If you do that, you should be fine. I only had one interviewer but that doesn't mean that everyone else isn't watching what you do and how you interact with everyone.

Good luck!

Congrats!

congrats! The interview was very laid back and everyone was very nice. The best advice I can give you is if you really want to get into the program and school, demonstrate interest at all times. I asked everyone questions ( maybe already have some written down). I asked questions to my interviewer as well.

I researched on google the top 50 most common asked questions. If you do that, you should be fine. I only had one interviewer but that doesn't mean that everyone else isn't watching what you do and how you interact with everyone.

Hope this helps!

congrats! The interview was very laid back and everyone was very nice. The best advice I can give you is if you really want to get into the program and school, demonstrate interest at all times. I asked everyone questions ( maybe already have some written down). I asked questions to my interviewer as well.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your help and for answering so fast! I have a couple more questions xD. In what area of Bradenton do you recommend me to search for apartments? Is it necessary to have a car?

Hello!

Don't be nervous. Everyone is very welcoming. The interview was very laid back but remember what you are there for. The best advice I can give you is if you really want to get into the program and school, demonstrate interest at all times. I asked everyone questions ( maybe already have some written down). I asked questions to my interviewer as well.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help ☺️ Also was there a group interview session?

Thank you so much for your help ☺️ Also was there a group interview session?
Well, it was like 22 of us interviewing that day. They did a presentation (different staff members participated) and tour, followed by the interviews, and towards the end I took the written portion (because I did not take the PCAT). I didn't get a group interview but I did hear of someone else who did. My interview was one-on-one. Be prepared, know everything you wrote on your personal statement. Sometimes they interview open file (where they have already looked at your application, personal statement etc).

Thank you for your help and for answering so fast! I have a couple more questions xD. In what area of Bradenton do you recommend me to search for apartments? Is it necessary to have a car?

You are welcome :). Yes, I would definitely recommend having a car. This area isn't too big and if you want to find reasonable apartments, you will have to do a 10 minute commute to school. The school is located in Lakewood Ranch (one of the nicest areas in Bradenton/Sarasota) so rent walking distance from the school is very high. If you are looking for something nice, I would recommend Carlton Arms.

Well, it was like 22 of us interviewing that day. They did a presentation (different staff members participated) and tour, followed by the interviews, and towards the end I took the written portion (because I did not take the PCAT). I didn't get a group interview but I did hear of someone else who did. My interview was one-on-one. Be prepared, know everything you wrote on your personal statement. Sometimes they interview open file (where they have already looked at your application, personal statement etc).

Was your interview open-file? Also, did you happen to apply and interview for the Distance Program as well?

Was your interview open-file? Also, did you happen to apply and interview for the Distance Program as well?
My interview was not open file. I applied for the distance program but I didn't get asked for a supplemental, but then again I live pretty close to the campus so I do not know if they considered that and figured I could attend class everyday.

My interview was not open file. I applied for the distance program but I didn't get asked for a supplemental, but then again I live pretty close to the campus so I do not know if they considered that and figured I could attend class everyday.

With your stats being so competitive, I'm surprised you weren't invited to interview for the Distance Program. The only 2 programs I'm applying to are the Distance Programs at LECOM and Creighton. But if you didn't receive an interview invite despite having a 3.8 GPA, then there's no way I'll be invited to interview with a 3.4. I guess I'll just have to plan on applying early during the next admissions cycle. Just out of curiosity, can I ask when you applied to LECOM's Distance program?

You are welcome :). Yes, I would definitely recommend having a car. This area isn't too big and if you want to find reasonable apartments, you will have to do a 10 minute commute to school. The school is located in Lakewood Ranch (one of the nicest areas in Bradenton/Sarasota) so rent walking distance from the school is very high. If you are looking for something nice, I would recommend Carlton Arms.

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I hope we are classmates if I get accepted. :)

With your stats being so competitive, I'm surprised you weren't invited to interview for the Distance Program. The only 2 programs I'm applying to are the Distance Programs at LECOM and Creighton. But if you didn't receive an interview invite despite having a 3.8 GPA, then there's no way I'll be invited to interview with a 3.4. I guess I'll just have to plan on applying early during the next admissions cycle. Just out of curiosity, can I ask when you applied to LECOM's Distance program?

Don't be discouraged! You never know exactly what they are looking for. Remember that it isn't always just about that GPA, they will look at your overall profile and see if you fit in for the distance program. I have a friend with a 3.9 GPA, a lot of pharmacy experience (she worked in a pharmacy for about 2 years, she did undergrad research, she volunteered every week at a hospital, received and 88 percentile on her PCAT) was invited for an interview and wasn't accepted. I on the other hand, "0" pharmacy experience except for shadowing, was accepted. I felt like you do know, but hey, I was accepted so don't get discouraged!

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I hope we are classmates if I get accepted. :)
Yes, I would like that!

Good luck and keep me posted :)

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question! I applied for early decision (I think around Sept. 1 st)

My Interview is scheduled for the same day! I applied to the 4 yr. traditional pathway and the distance pathway!

Good luck on your inteview! Can I ask what your GPA and PCAT scores are? My application to LECOM's Distance Program is currently waiting to be verified by PharmCAS, so I'm just wondering how competitive I am compared to others.

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question! I applied for early decision (I think around Sept. 1 st)

Thanks! I'm starting to wonder, though, if there will even be any spots left to interview for in the Distance Program since my PharmCAS application hasn't even been verified yet, and considering that they only accept 24 applicants into the program. I wish there was a way of knowing how many spots were left at this point....

"Dear Brandon,

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the AACP-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. "

This is the only school I have applied for via PharmCAS, but haven't heard anything from the actual school yet. Did you get this email as well @Guita ?

Hey I also received that email first and heard from the school like 3-4 days after. Congrats!
"Dear Brandon,

You have received this email because you have been conditionally accepted by one or more of the schools participating in the AACP-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants. "

This is the only school I have applied for via PharmCAS, but haven't heard anything from the actual school yet. Did you get this email as well @Guita ?

"Dear Brandon,

Hopefully this isn't a dumb question, but did you receive that message after you had already interviewed?

"Dear Brandon,

Hey!

Have you gone to the interview? I received the same e-mail before getting the official letter of acceptance :)

Hey!

Have you gone to the interview? I received the same e-mail before getting the official letter of acceptance :)

Just out of curiosity, do you know if applicants are receiving that email before or after they have interviewed?

Just out of curiosity, do you know if applicants are receiving that email before or after they have interviewed?

I'm pretty sure it's after the interview. It's part of the paperwork that you have to do once you are accepted by a school (background check, blood work, etc)

Good luck on your inteview! Can I ask what your GPA and PCAT scores are? My application to LECOM's Distance Program is currently waiting to be verified by PharmCAS, so I'm just wondering how competitive I am compared to others.

GPA: 2.97
PCAT: 50 percentile

"Dear Brandon,

Congrats! When did you interview and how long after did it take for a decision?