• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

dxu

the great one
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Pittsburgh
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have finally begun to get my life in order and start getting better grades. I have only failed 3 classes (Bio 1, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Microeconomics) and it was all because of a lack of maturity. I am now a year older and at a different and better college (Pitt) and am getting decent grades (A's and B's mostly). Right now, by overall GPA is about 2.8, and I have three semesters left if I cram my semesters full.

I am retaking Bio I and may retake A&P. I am well aware that I may have some trouble getting into medical school, but am working hard to correct the past. I will be applying to DO schools only, including LECOM. I have good ECs and great LOR, but I am not sure about the GPA part due to the classes I failed.

Should I apply to DO schools and the LECOM Post-Bac program simultaneously to ensure that if I do not get into Med School I will at least be able to start something to help me?

dxu

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.