LECOM Post-Bac...Good Back-Up Plan?

Started by deleted92121
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted92121

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have finally begun to get my life in order and start getting better grades. I have only failed 3 classes (Bio 1, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Microeconomics) and it was all because of a lack of maturity. I am now a year older and at a different and better college (Pitt) and am getting decent grades (A's and B's mostly). Right now, by overall GPA is about 2.8, and I have three semesters left if I cram my semesters full.

I am retaking Bio I and may retake A&P. I am well aware that I may have some trouble getting into medical school, but am working hard to correct the past. I will be applying to DO schools only, including LECOM. I have good ECs and great LOR, but I am not sure about the GPA part due to the classes I failed.

Should I apply to DO schools and the LECOM Post-Bac program simultaneously to ensure that if I do not get into Med School I will at least be able to start something to help me?

dxu