Lecom post-bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Waterboobies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from LECOM yet.. I applied last week of Jan and still no news..

Members don't see this ad.

I also applied around when you did and no word. I had called them a couple of times and they keep losing application materials soo don't feel to bad....

Waterboobies and 1Cor1557,

When you check your application status on the LECOM portal site, does it say your application is under review? If so, has the status said under review since January-Feb? I'm trying to estimate how long I have to wait till I hear a response. My application just today went under review status.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Waterboobies and 1Cor1557,

When you check your application status on the LECOM portal site, does it say your application is under review? If so, has the status said under review since January-Feb? I'm trying to estimate how long I have to wait till I hear a response. My application just today went under review status.

Thanks

I applied by mail, instead of using their online form (when I applied back in January, they didn't have the online option). Has anyone applied by mail as well??

I also applied by mail and haven't heard back yet. I applied first week of march

I heard they will make admissions decisions next week! Hope you guys all get in ^_^

I applied by mail, instead of using their online form (when I applied back in January, they didn't have the online option). Has anyone applied by mail as well??

Yea, I also applied by mail around the same time, still waiting like the rest of you.

Does anyone know how LECOM notified applicants on admissions? Is it possible for us to call them? I kind of need to know ASAP because I need to turn in deposits for other programs. Thanks!

LECOM notifies applicants on admissions by mail. I think you can talk to the Postbac coordinator, Tom Ross, and he might be able to work something out with you and let you know over the phone.

I was thinking we have alot of views for so few posters....Reveal yourselves ppl, we know you're out there!

man I hope they make the decisions soon... I already turned down PCOM's post bac ($500 deposit was due) so if I don't get in, I'm in huge trouble...

btw is anyone from around the Erie area? I'm from Texas so this is definitely going to be a big move for me

Last edited:
wooohoo! I just got accepted! haha Apparently they sent the letter to my address at home instead here in college... Is anyone else going to be joining me in the fall?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also had been checking my mailbox on campus like yourself, apparently mistakenly, because my parents read off to me the letter over the phone from home today. I will see you this fall.

Congrats to both of you!! I think I'll get my letter on Monday, hopefully...probably takes longer for the letter to come to Oregon :(

Yea, you def will...it was postmarked Thursday so two days for coast to coast is sorta pushin it.

yupppppp... I got a acceptance letter on saturday from LECOM.. I got accepted!!!!!!
Im still waiting from PCOM. Do you guys know which is better LECOM or PCOM...

Also, DO you guys know of anyplace to stay in around LECOM?

yupppppp... I got a acceptance letter on saturday from LECOM.. I got accepted!!!!!!
Im still waiting from PCOM. Do you guys know which is better LECOM or PCOM...

Also, DO you guys know of anyplace to stay in around LECOM?

I would think if you prefer to attend one over the other for medical school, then their own post-bac is probably the best for that.

--Finding somewhere to stay around LECOM is something to be searched on the LECOM class forums of current and years past

First, congratulations to all who have recently heard about their acceptances!!!

Second, I have also applied to LECOMs post bac program and I still have not heard back yet. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing??? Also, could those who got in post their stats (GPA & MCAT), so I know where I stand? Thank you, very much!

First, congratulations to all who have recently heard about their acceptances!!!

Second, I have also applied to LECOMs post bac program and I still have not heard back yet. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing??? Also, could those who got in post their stats (GPA & MCAT), so I know where I stand? Thank you, very much!

It definitely is not a bad thing....take a closer look to the rest of us, we had applied earlier this winter and did not hear back until days ago. This is not a complaint, just an observation of the admissions process, so I would say, depending on when you submitted your materials, to be patient for a decision. If you applied online, you should be able to see if you are complete and under review or not. If by mail, then phone/e-mail them. Understand that last wednesday they made decisions, and it seems you were not part of them (neither accepted or denied), and therefore likely will be in the next pile of applications. Good Luck!

GPA: ~3.1
MCAT: 25

Noting the years past, anyone with the min. requirements were given serious consideration and even likely to be accepted given they applied early enough. I assume you would not have applied unless you had the min. criteria. I would not be worried.

strangely enough, they asked for SAT scores too... haha I wonder how much weight that played?

Thank you to those of you who replied to my previous thread. It does make sense, now that you bring it to my attention, that I most likely will not hear anything until a later date. Does anyone know how many application cycles they will go through before the class is filled? And, does anyone know what the dates are for each application cycle? Thanks.

Thank you to those of you who replied to my previous thread. It does make sense, now that you bring it to my attention, that I most likely will not hear anything until a later date. Does anyone know how many application cycles they will go through before the class is filled? And, does anyone know what the dates are for each application cycle? Thanks.

What you are speaking of is the procedure they take to fill their medical class. I really doubt they do such for post-bac, and if they did, it is not public information, unlike the medical school admissions, which is.

Hey guys. Thanks for the last post. When do you think I would hear a decision if I applied at the beginning of April? Has anyone else out there heard back that has not posted anything??

Hey,

I applied around the same time as you and my status has been updated to

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". Just called Tom Ross and he said the letters will be mailed out as soon as they are ready. Really scared and praying. Hopefully I will see u guys in Erie. Gluckk 901338997!

Has anyone heard any decisions this week???

hey guys, i actually got my acceptance letter yesterday for LECOM postbacc. it took them so long, i applied early january and finally received it. Hope you guys get your letters also!!! But it looks like I will be turning this spot down, so I hope someone else gets my spot. I actually got into PCOM GA and PCOM Biomedical programs and it looks like I will be heading to PCOM GA biomed program b/c it seems like a better fit for me!!! Any questions let me know and good luck to you guys!!!

Hey,

I applied around the same time as you and my status has been updated to

"The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days". Just called Tom Ross and he said the letters will be mailed out as soon as they are ready. Really scared and praying. Hopefully I will see u guys in Erie. Gluckk 901338997!

The adcom meets and makes decisions on Wednesday's, so that letter was sent out yesterday...not sure where you live, but hopefully you will recieve good news over the weekend, and if not, early next week.

is anyone of you taking their MCAT after getting into the post bac program..

Is it better to retake the MCAT before starting post back in Fall 09, during or in Jan of 2010 ???//

I'm retaking my mcat this summer. So better taking it before, that way you don't have to worry about it while you're taking classes. And as far as postbac helping you on the mcat, not so much i think... That's what i heard from past postbac people

Yea same here, planning on retaking it in september.

I am also retaking the MCAT. I will be taking it in July. How many times have you guys taken the test? What materials are you using to study? Any great study tips from those out there who did well on the exam?

has anyone else heard anything yet??

No still waiting for the mail, I'm in NJ so i don't know why is it taking so long. Really hoping it comes in tomorrow.

Just got my acceptance:). Now waiting for couple of other schools then I am going to make a final decisions.

Just got my acceptance:). Now waiting for couple of other schools then I am going to make a final decisions.

Congratulations hunda1 on your acceptance! When was the letter post-marked? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what was your GPA and MCAT scores? What other schools are your waiting to hear back from?

Thanks guys for the great information.

I have been using Examkrackers and kaplan..do u guys recommend anything else??
Is anyone moving in earlier than September to LECOM??? Im a person who studies better in groups so thought couple students can get together and tackle the MCAT instead of doing it individually !!
Also, anyone looking for roommate??

The letter was sent out on friday. I have a 3.1 gpa and 24Q(10PS,9BS,5V) on MCAT which I will be retaking in september. I have been using Kaplan as well. Goodluck and I hope you hear back soon.

I'm waiting on PCOM-philly and UMDNJ Biomed program(might turn that down even if I get in). But if I decide on coming to LECOM..I will need a roomate.

I know few people posting here have also applied for PCOM-philly program. Did anyone hear anything back yet?

I have been using Examkrackers and kaplan..do u guys recommend anything else??
Is anyone moving in earlier than September to LECOM??? Im a person who studies better in groups so thought couple students can get together and tackle the MCAT instead of doing it individually !!
Also, anyone looking for roommate??

The 30+ MCAT sticky in the prep forum is the reference you all should be using. Conventional wisdom definitely places the AAMC practice tests as most crucial. Most emphasis should be placed in taking them, diagnosing, and shoring up weaknesses. Not my word but that of successful takers. Hopefully they will have that roommate list created and put out soon.

Has anyone heard any decisions this past week? Thanks.

For those you have confirmed acceptances, did you receive application materials or instructions for financial aid yet?

For those you have confirmed acceptances, did you receive application materials or instructions for financial aid yet?

I was thinking the same thing and hopped on here to check. And no.

yeah i havent received anything either...

nope.. I havent recieved any thing after the acceptance letter..From what i know..Tom Ross is incharge of post-bac applications and our acceptance letter also went to him.. Ross is always out recruting. Only when he gets time he will open our letter and send the letters over to financial aid office

Hey guys. I see that really no one has heard much from LECOM/Mr. Ross. Has anyone called him lately? I called him yesterday and today he was not in his office, so all I got was his voice mail. I am still waiting for an admission letter...has anyone received any letters since the last post??? Thanks

i got my lecom acceptance letter this week! i got the letter on tuesday. i had called lecom last week when i saw everyone was posting that they received their acceptances. mr. ross told me i would be getting a letter in the mail soon because i was part of the second batch of letters that went out. so you may be getting something in the mail soon. good luck! :)